Back flip preformers punch passenger in the face after argument erupts

BreeddekalbL

52 minutes ago, traildriver said:

The bottom line is, if people would stop giving these low-life's money, applause, or attention, they would soon enough disappear.   That's how I handle their annoyance.  I either pretend to be sleeping, or read something, and don't even look their way...

This AM on the (4) , some guy gets at Fulton St on and does the spiel. No one gives him anything.

I'm holding on to the poll in car 4 by the cab, dude looks at me and starts talking. The look on my face when I looked up at him - he stopped mid-sentence and ran out the car wen we got to Bk Bridge.

11 hours ago, traildriver said:

The bottom line is, if people would stop giving these low-life's money, applause, or attention, they would soon enough disappear.   That's how I handle their annoyance.  I either pretend to be sleeping, or read something, and don't even look their way...

The issue arises when they come up to you and start asking you with some sob story and don't leave you alone. 

That's what happened yesterday to me (albeit it was at a fast food place). Dude came up when I was on line waiting to order and then I said no. Soon after I got my food and went to fill myself up a drink, dude once again approaches me with the sob story of "I only have a dollar, I'm trying to get something to eat" and wouldn't leave me alone until I told him in the rudest way possible that "I don't have anything" (because I wasn't trying to make a scene and miss the bus in the process). He eventually left me alone, not before standing there for like a few seconds in silence.

Like really, when there's a whole dollar menu? GTFO! Some of those people are also annoying people on the subway like that, so it's only a matter of time before they become even more aggressive.

11 minutes ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

The issue arises when they come up to you and start asking you with some sob story and don't leave you alone. 

That's what happened yesterday to me (albeit it was at a fast food place). Dude came up when I was on line waiting to order and then I said no. Soon after I got my food and went to fill myself up a drink, dude once again approaches me with the sob story of "I only have a dollar, I'm trying to get something to eat" and wouldn't leave me alone until I told him in the rudest way possible that "I don't have anything" (because I wasn't trying to make a scene and miss the bus in the process). He eventually left me alone, not before standing there for like a few seconds in silence.

Like really, when there's a whole dollar menu? GTFO! Some of those people are also annoying people on the subway like that, so it's only a matter of time before they become even more aggressive.

lol... There was a guy who of course had to come into my car on Saturday on the (A) train just before I was due to get off at Chambers talking about he's looking for $2.00 to get him something to eat. The other thing that amazes me is it used to be that beggars would take anything. Now they have the nerve to ask for a DOLLAR.  I'm like what do they think this is here?  Sometimes I do lose it and I don't feel sorry either.  I was going to refill my Metrocard several months ago. I had just finished getting some groceries from Whole Foods. Here comes this guy asking me for money as I'm coming down the stairs to refill.  I lost it on him.  I asked what made him think that I had it give to him, as if I don't work hard for my money, and he had the nerve to say that I didn't have to yell at him. I told him you're asking me for money in an aggressive manner.  I have every right to yell at you for being pushy and demanding and few other choice words. 

I have no problem giving people food.  In fact over the years I've even taken people and let them get what they want (on me) or have given my lunch so that others can eat, but I draw the line at giving money.  Too many scammers out here with drug habits and other things, and my money is not supporting it.  

With that said, I don't support giving to these Showtime types either.  They've become quite boisterous over the years.  They used to do their thing and then go around and ask politely. Now they go around DEMANDING that you give them money.  Then you have to tip now in every place you go just to get counter service.  I'm like enough is enough.  I tip when I get good counter service for an espresso, or macchiato or a cortado and obviously for table service or delivery. Outside of that my money stays in my pocket.  I'm not a walking ATM.

Simple solution, ask them back for a dollar, tell them you dont have a job and they can be generous. If they say no, say they dont have to be rude and can they help you out. 1 out of 4 times, after convincing the panhandler that I am a drug addict, he says "weed coke molly what you need?" or "what you looking for, I've got everything" or "you good?". Turns out the panhandler is a dealer and standing around the sidewalks around Penn Station asking for a dollar is just a cover story. I've gotten bums to pull out $ and offer it to me too, but I decline if its bills and tell them to keep it, it was a joke, I will take a dime or quarter or 2 dimes if they offer it. I guess paying off a another crack head with dime or quarter is better than them taking the risk that the situation will become a mugging in a minute.

3 minutes ago, bulk88 said:

Simple solution, ask them back for a dollar, tell them you dont have a job and they can be generous. If they say no, say they dont have to be rude and can they help you out. 1 out of 4 times, after convincing the panhandler that I am a drug addict, he says "weed coke molly what you need?" or "what you looking for, I've got everything" or "you good?". Turns out the panhandler is a dealer and standing around the sidewalks around Penn Station asking for a dollar is just a cover story. I've gotten bums to pull out $ and offer it to me too, but I decline if its bills and tell them to keep it, it was a joke, I will take a dime or quarter or 2 dimes if they offer it. I guess paying off a another crack head with dime or quarter is better than them taking the risk that the situation will become a mugging in a minute.

I've done that too... A few years ago I was walking to Metro-North.  A white guy asks me if I had a dollar.  I told him how about he give me $2 for every $1 I gave him.  He goes "I ain't got it".  lol That usually shuts them up.

Toying around with these people is never a good idea...you never know how unstable they may be, or what their reaction might be...why risk getting slashed with a box-cutter?

Best to just ignore them, or if they are insistent, just shake your head, no.....in my experience, they will just move on to the next person

Archived