Motor Vehicle Operator, Exams #8302, 8303, 8321, 8322 & 8340

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/15/2018 at 3:08 PM, msmcmillan said:

Last year I took Exam 8302 and scored a 90%. Does anyone know when I will receive the final exam score and the list is certified? I believe they are still appointing from Exam #2324...

Hopefully soon @msmcmillan...hopefully soon...

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2018 at 3:08 PM, msmcmillan said:

Last year I took Exam 8302 and scored a 90%. Does anyone know when I will receive the final exam score and the list is certified?

I have good news, in which the list for Exam #8302, Motor Vehicle Operator has been established!! If you click here, and if you type in "8302" in the search box on the top right, you'll see the entire list. Out of 859 candidates, my list number is 16*. If I'm correct, your list number, @msmcmillan is 33*.

24 minutes ago, msmcmillan said:

Wow, thanks Young. That was really quick. I didn't think that list would be established any time soon. You have a great list number, if they call you would you still wait for MTA or take the position?

It depends on what comes up first and with what specific city agency as well...

Edited by +Young+

• 1 month later...

I took exam 8321 and im still waiting to hear my results.

do you have any other info on the job? like promotions and etc..?

I applied to Traffic Enforcement as well and im trying to figure out what is the best fit.

TEA online shows all promotions and possibilities so it has a nice potential, but i cant find anything on MVO.

@+Young+

@msmcmillan

3 hours ago, allysx3 said:

I applied to Traffic Enforcement as well and im trying to figure out what is the best fit.

TEA online shows all promotions and possibilities so it has a nice potential, but i cant find anything on MVO.

@+Young+

@msmcmillan

Not really...sorry...

16 hours ago, allysx3 said:

@+Young+

@msmcmillan

Yeah, not anything online regarding MVO. If I am fortunate enough to get hired I will ask Young if I can post the hiring process, promotional opportunities, and exact job duties for those interested. 

On 9/18/2018 at 5:43 AM, msmcmillan said:

If I am fortunate enough to get hired I will ask Young if I can post the hiring process, promotional opportunities, and exact job duties for those interested. 

Of course you can @msmcmillan!! That's why we're all here, to help each other get hired!!

Edited by +Young+

Okay, so I found out a little info:

As of now, DCAS is still working on Exam #2324. They are up to list no. 760 . This list number was called the week of August 10. I don't now how many people took the exam, but I doubt it's more than 1,000.  Whenever they are done with that exam, I believe #3306 and 3307 are next before they call the exams from last year.  I think less than 1,000 people took the exams 3306 and 3307. When I find out the exact numbers, I will post. The link below gives more insight to the MVO position.

https://www.civilservicejobnyc.com/job-focus-motor-vehicle-operator-mvo/

Good information @msmcmillan!! According to this website, 1,075 people took Exam 2324, which is set to expire next December, a.k.a., December of 2019.

In addition, according to the same website, for Exam 3306, 1,291 people are on the list. Exam 3306 was established on August 1st 2018 and is set to expire August 1st, 2022.

Finally, for Exam 3307, approximately 900 people are on that list with no established date.

Therefore, to make a long story short: For the Motor Vehicle Exams that we recently took, it's going to be a long while before they call us.

Edited by +Young+

I already got called for TEA, and went on the initial interview.. Since im assuming they wont get to list 8321 anytime soon, maybe I should continue with TEA and not wait around to find out how I did..

I wish they posted more info on this job other than "its mainly a transport type of job"

My exam date was the MVO exam and special officer, so I couldn't really gauge who was there for what.

Maybe you just get assigned to a department, with one local supervisor, and it might be a very small area thats why it might not be covered.

But who really knows

• 1 month later...

in the single digits! from doing the research for the past MVO exams it looks like we have some time until they hire from this exam 8321. other MVO exams are good until end of next year and another one is good until 2022. off hand forgot the exact exam numbers those are. but good luck to all now the waiting game begins...

6 hours ago, Sfredo said:

off hand forgot the exact exam numbers those are. but good luck to all now the waiting game begins...

They are exams 3306 and 3307. According to this website, they're currently working off of the 3306 list, but haven't touched the 3307 list yet.

11 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

They are exams 3306 and 3307. According to this website, they're currently working off of the 3306 list, but haven't touched the 3307 list yet.

I can just forget about this job then. All you guys are young. By the time they call me I will be a senior citizen!!!

On 11/3/2018 at 4:27 PM, msmcmillan said:

I can just forget about this job then. All you guys are young. By the time they call me I will be a senior citizen!!!

I checked the filling period, exams are good for 4 years right ? Well filling was 012-013, I’m guessing the calling started in 2014 because the list establishes a few months after the test. So it’s either expired or is about to. 

On 11/3/2018 at 9:12 AM, Sfredo said:

in the single digits! from doing the research for the past MVO exams it looks like we have some time until they hire from this exam 8321. other MVO exams are good until end of next year and another one is good until 2022. off hand forgot the exact exam numbers those are. but good luck to all now the waiting game begins...

Which ones cause the 3306-3307 should be over for. I just checked the filling period which was 012-013 it’s about to be 2019. Those should be done for by now 

10 hours ago, umidonthaveone said:

Which ones cause the 3306-3307 should be over for. I just checked the filling period which was 012-013 it’s about to be 2019. Those should be done for by now 

Not too sure exactly when i was on my laptop i saw on the city data active lists site and saw there was an MVO exam that expires in 2022

On 11/10/2018 at 7:48 AM, umidonthaveone said:

I checked the filling period, exams are good for 4 years right ? Well filling was 012-013, I’m guessing the calling started in 2014 because the list establishes a few months after the test. So it’s either expired or is about to. 

Exams are good for four years once they are established. If you click here and type in 3306, 3307, 8302 & 8321 in the search box on the top right, all of these lists have been published, however they're only working with one list at a time.

On 11/10/2018 at 6:23 PM, Sfredo said:

Not too sure exactly when i was on my laptop i saw on the city data active lists site and saw there was an MVO exam that expires in 2022

Exam 3306, which was established this past August, has an expiration date of August of 2022 according to the link above.