Motor Vehicle Operator, Exams #8302, 8303, 8321, 8322 & 8340

On 11/12/2018 at 12:11 AM, +Young+ said:

Exams are good for four years once they are established. If you click here and type in 3306, 3307, 8302 & 8321 in the search box on the top right, all of these lists have been published, however they're only working with one list at a time.

Exam 3306, which was established this past August, has an expiration date of August of 2022 according to the link above.

Just seen that, btw letters got sent out with the exam info I got it this week, also have any of you sent out letters to DCAS in regauards of the “selective certification” ???

1 hour ago, umidonthaveone said:

Just seen that, btw letters got sent out with the exam info I got it this week, also have any of you sent out letters to DCAS in regauards of the “selective certification” ???

I think there's some confusion. This past week, I also got a notification from DCAS in the mail with my list number. However, when I took the exam, in the selective certification part, I noted that I do have a Class A & Class B CDL. Therefore, I don't know where you're coming from when you say " also have any of you sent out letters to DCAS in regauards of the selective certification.”

Can you please elaborate for us so we can try to help you?

Thank you.

16 hours ago, +Young+ said:

I think there's some confusion. This past week, I also got a notification from DCAS in the mail with my list number. However, when I took the exam, in the selective certification part, I noted that I do have a Class A & Class B CDL. Therefore, I don't know where you're coming from when you say " also have any of you sent out letters to DCAS in regauards of the selective certification.”

Can you please elaborate for us so we can try to help you?

Thank you.

I might be wrong, but I think he means that if we obtained our CDL license after the exam, we have to update DCAS, or send proof? Again, I'm sorry if I'm way wrong...

7 hours ago, msmcmillan said:

I might be wrong, but I think he means that if we obtained our CDL license after the exam, we have to update DCAS, or send proof? Again, I'm sorry if I'm way wrong...

If that's the case, then you just need to update your information with DCAS. See the top of the fourth page of the Notice of Examination for instructions on how to do so.

Thanks @msmcmillan for the clarification!!

• 4 years later...
On 11/12/2018 at 12:11 AM, +Young+ said:

Exams are good for four years once they are established. If you click here and type in 3306, 3307, 8302 & 8321 in the search box on the top right, all of these lists have been published, however they're only working with one list at a time.

Exam 3306, which was established this past August, has an expiration date of August of 2022 according to the link above.

Exam #8302 is established and DCAS is calling mainly CDL holders. The DOE already called me for interview June 1, but think I will decline. The position is a driver in the food warehouse delivering food to schools in the 5 boroughs. They will probably have the driver load and unload trucks. f**k that!

8 hours ago, msmcmillan said:

Exam #8302 is established and DCAS is calling mainly CDL holders. The DOE already called me for interview June 1, but think I will decline. The position is a driver in the food warehouse delivering food to schools in the 5 boroughs. They will probably have the driver load and unload trucks. f**k that!

Tell me about it. I have three interviews within the next couple weeks, and two of them are on the same day! On top of that, I was forced to start with a brand new employer, and I don't know how I'm going to be able to take off for all of these interviews...ouch...

On 5/19/2023 at 11:29 PM, +Young+ said:

Tell me about it. I have three interviews within the next couple weeks, and two of them are on the same day! On top of that, I was forced to start with a brand new employer, and I don't know how I'm going to be able to take off for all of these interviews...ouch...

Which city agencies?

8 hours ago, msmcmillan said:

Which city agencies?

1) NYC Dept. of Environmental Protection

2) NYPD

3) NYC Dept. of Education

In addition, as I type my last name into the search box of the Civil Service List Certification webpage, I also realize that the NYC Housing Authority also a single vacancy, however I never received notification from this particular agency.

• 9 months later...

I took the 3307 exam in 2012 i received an email notification to report for an interview in August 2022. Unfortunately, I did not see the email notification until 6 months later, idk how i missed that emai.? so now I am dealing with  Dcas to see how they can put me back on a list ;( have any of you had similar circumstances and what was the outcome?