Sanitation Exam, #5001

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/1/2018 at 6:22 PM, +Young+ said:

Did anyone on this site take this exam? I know from reading some of the other forums, some of our members have. My list number for this exam, out of approximately 68,000 people, is in the 17,000 range.

Notice of Examination for Exam #5001, Sanitation Exam

Yep i took it, scored 102.xx List number is 513x. I have a high 5th digit social so i got screwed in terms of the tie breaker.

I went down to long island city last may to take the Agility test in their big warehouse and passed it but that was it. Never heard anything else from them. I honestly don't have much hope of getting called back for that exam sadly.

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, ealfinez said:

I scored 104.5 and NEVER got anything. When I called they said "Oh well, we're not certifying anyone no more anyway". that was the end of that

What's your list number ranger? One of my co-workers with a 7XXX just got a letter to come into a physical and he scored way below 104.5

8 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

What's your list number ranger? One of my co-workers with a 7XXX just got a letter to come into a physical and he scored way below 104.5

I can't say right now because off top I don't remember BUT it was definitely in the 3-4K range. I also called there and they basically said OH WELL... it's absurd if you ask me

Edited by ealfinez

On 6/14/2018 at 11:30 AM, Kidbx175 said:

Yep i took it, scored 102.xx List number is 513x. I have a high 5th digit social so i got screwed in terms of the tie breaker.

I went down to long island city last may to take the Agility test in their big warehouse and passed it but that was it. Never heard anything else from them. I honestly don't have much hope of getting called back for that exam sadly.

I would say there is another year left for this exam because it'll take them a while to establish 0186. You never know lol

On 12/30/2019 at 3:15 PM, dman1455 said:

Call again cause you should've been in a class like earlier this year.

Its crazy because when I called 3-4 times I kept getting the same treatment. I'm thinking maybe one day soon I should just go down there.

20 hours ago, Zoey said:

I would say there is another year left for this exam because it'll take them a while to establish 0186. You never know lol

They ain't never going to let me in, crazy thing is I have my CDL Class B for like 4yrs already to. All I would need to do is pass that physical

36 minutes ago, ealfinez said:

They ain't never going to let me in, crazy thing is I have my CDL Class B for like 4yrs already to. All I would need to do is pass that physical

Why do you say that? Unless you have a felony or bad driving history I don’t see why they would disqualify you unless you were already disqualified. 

if none of the above is true then I would become aggressive about the situation as you are losing seniority and time. Seniority is everything with Sanitation and your time with NYCERS can transfer over to transit if you decide to do that. 

7 hours ago, Zoey said:

Why do you say that? Unless you have a felony or bad driving history I don’t see why they would disqualify you unless you were already disqualified. 

if none of the above is true then I would become aggressive about the situation as you are losing seniority and time. Seniority is everything with Sanitation and your time with NYCERS can transfer over to transit if you decide to do that. 

Nope, none of that...

Thing is everyt time I called to inquire WHY  I wasn't called the woman gave me the run around until she finally said "We're not qualifying" or whatever verbiage she used for putting people through the process. Basically I scored that 104 and never heard from them, when I called they stated that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/18/2020 at 2:49 PM, Kidbx175 said:

Just saw the upcoming sanitation exam (0186) has been canceled.  Don’t know why but I guess that’s good news for this exam. 

I'm guessing it has to do with not wanting to pack thousands of people together into classrooms around the city with covid going around. 

21 hours ago, Dingus said:

I'm guessing it has to do with not wanting to pack thousands of people together into classrooms around the city with covid going around. 

I posted this before the world knew what COVID was. So that wasn’t the reason. Check the date lol. I had noticed they canceled the upcoming exam early Jan 2020 with no explanation. But yeah then COVID came, so who know what’s up.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/1/2018 at 6:22 PM, +Young+ said:

Did anyone on this site take this exam? I know from reading some of the other forums, some of our members have. My list number for this exam, out of approximately 68,000 people, is in the 17,000 range.

Notice of Examination for Exam #5001, Sanitation Exam

I’ve taken this exam. I know this post is late but I recently got contacted. List number 95xx

Does anyone on this thread have info about the hiring process and the physical exam? Current starting salary?

I can’t find any other similar threads like the exam 6601 conductor hiring process thread on this website. Thank you in advance!