Bx27 Extension, SI Express Bus Changes, B35 Artic Conversion, Q6 & Q69 Enhancements, and More

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

The X28 runs 7 days a week now, so there's no point.

That was the original purpose of the stop. However a lot of people figured out that it was a quick way between SI and Brooklyn on the weekends. From my neighborhood to Bay Ridge was a 10-15 minute bus ride with the X17 compared to probably close to an hour on the S62 to the S53. And the difference is even more pronounced further south along Richmond Avenue where you have to take the S44/59 to the S53 or S79 which is very roundabout. They act like they're doing us this big favor when they eliminate that stop while adding all the Gannon Avenue stops to cover for the X10.

On 6/17/2018 at 9:58 AM, Lawrence St said:

Why are they eiliminating the Bay Ridge x17 bus stops?

The X17 stop in Bay Ridge was for the X28 on weekends only. The X28 is back on weekends, so the service (officially) is redundant. I'm surprised more people didn't yell to keep it. A lot of people used that stop to quickly from Staten Island to Brooklyn and vice versa when it stopped in Bay Ridge. That set up wasn't official though.

I have to thank the elected officials like Senator Golden, Assemblyman Colton, Mr. Quaglione and others for being relentless in their efforts to pass my petitions around, and especially to Senator Golden to keep on the (MTA) to get back the X28 on weekends. It took several years but it is great to have it back as it should be. 

19 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

The X17 stop in Bay Ridge was for the X28 on weekends only. The X28 is back on weekends, so the service (officially) is redundant. I'm surprised more people didn't yell to keep it. A lot of people used that stop to quickly from Staten Island to Brooklyn and vice versa when it stopped in Bay Ridge. That set up wasn't official though.

I have to thank the elected officials like Senator Golden, Assemblyman Colton, Mr. Quaglione and others for being relentless in their efforts to pass my petitions around, and especially to Senator Golden to keep on the (MTA) to get back the X28 on weekends. It took several years but it is great to have it back as it should be. 

What’s the steps to getting MTA to fix a service or any other angency for that matter?

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

What’s the steps to getting MTA to fix a service or any other angency for that matter?

Start with the filing complaints on mta.info

You want a paper trail so when you contact elected officials you can show that this has been an ongoing problem that the (MTA) needs to address. Afterwards, idenity which politicians represent the areas that the buses or trains run through. Send an e-mail or call with specifics. Don't contact them for every little thing, but if it's something like cut bus service, reoccurring poor service, call them and see if they can assist. Most are pretty responsive. It also helps to know who does what. For example, Senator Golden is on the Transportation Committee, and represents several areas of South Brooklyn, so he was very helpful in getting several buses restored B2, B4, B37, B64, X27, X28), as he is contact with the (MTA) regularly.

22 minutes ago, Dan1 said:

I'm still wondering if some Hylan SIM routes will start out at New Dorp (Hylan Blvd / Tysens La) in the AM rush. It's a long run from ETC to the Verrazano and I think many of the buses will be filled up by the time they reach the New Dorp area.

SI Express Bus portion (pages 188 - 226) of 6/18/18 MTA Committee Meeting.

It was said that some of the routes will run twice as frequent as they currently do. They should be fine.

On 6/16/2018 at 1:06 PM, checkmatechamp13 said:

I will say this: X30 ridership on the eastern end isn't the greatest. As I've mentioned, whenever I've taken the S62/92 to St. George, every single person at the stop got on the local/limited bus (meaning, nobody let a local bus go to take the express bus). However, I will say that there are days when the Verrazano Narrows Bridge gets significantly backed up, and it may very well be quicker to travel via NJ (I'll say that on a typical day, or a moderately bad day, the VZN is quicker, but the VZN at its worst is worse than the Lincoln Tunnel at its worst). Should you run a whole route/branch just as a backup? I mean if the backups are frequent enough, it may not be the craziest idea.

It will say it's definitely interesting because Stapleton is a lower-income area closer to the ferry, but the waterfront is somewhat gentrifying (but at the same time, the hipsters or whatever seem to be more interested in riding their bikes to the ferry to get around). So I doubt the Canal/Wright stop will see too many riders. The Cebra/St. Paul's stop is at the border of Stapleton & Stapleton Heights/Ward Hill, so you might see some people who are tired of dealing with the ferry taking that bus. The old X18 did see usage along Tompkins, but of course, those riders were bound for a completely different section of Manhattan. 

Interestingly enough, a few days ago, I met a woman on the X1 who said she drives from "near the ferry" (which may or may not actually mean St. George) because she can't stand taking the ferry itself (personally I'm of the same opinion), but she had the option of taking the S52 down to Narrows Road instead of driving. Also, I've seen some Facebook posts mentioning requesting an express bus from St. George. I mean there's definitely a large segment of people who think the ferry sucks (Whenever I hear somebody say "Oh, the ferry is so nice, it's a chance to unwind and watch the water" and everything, I do a double take lol), so it's definitely not the craziest idea.

There was a limited express run before from SGF, right? In the 1980s

Archived