Taking a transfer from OA depot to TA depot

LeoSimmy

5 hours ago, Q43LTD said:

So essentially, an employee can't go from OA to TA to BC without going through a rehiring process

Pretty much. It's going to be much more streamlined being that you are already an employee, you would just need to do a new drug test, medic and the paperwork for that respective agency.

• 3 years later...
On 6/24/2018 at 3:14 AM, SevenEleven said:

Pretty much. It's going to be much more streamlined being that you are already an employee, you would just need to do a new drug test, medic and the paperwork for that respective agency.

Fingerprint and US Postal money order still required to make OA 2 TA switch? 

On 6/23/2018 at 10:35 AM, SevenEleven said:

No. If you are an OA employee, you have to be rehired as a TA employee and only then would you be able to get a transfer to work in a Queens depot. 

I have a classmate that went to OA wanted to come back to mta bus it should be same process ?

On 4/25/2022 at 6:02 PM, Kenstyles said:

Has anyone went from TA to OA? I live in the Bronx and if I were to take the dispatcher test I would HATE to work in Brooklyn or Queens. I got hired about a month ago. Took 0100 but they never called me.

If you're TA, why would you want to be rehired as an OA?.... If you're currently TA as an Bus operator, you have the privilege to work out of 5 borough except for a request have to be made in order to transfer to an ATU depot representation. What do I mean by that?...Queens, Staten Island is transfers only, and its based of Seniority. Meanwhile, IF you're a TA B/O, you will be able to work within Brooklyn TA Surface and OA Surface depots. 

If you were to become a SLD as an TA, you will only be allowed to Supervise within the TA divisions in Dept of Buses. 

As an OA operator, You are allowed to work within its surface of Bronx and Manhattan, and Brooklyn TA surface depots.

If you're promoted into SLD as an OA, you will only allowed to work within the The Bronx/Manhattan unless you pick into Bus Command Center in Brooklyn. 

To sum up your question, The choice is up to you. If your plans is to become an SLD, you have to make a decision now for what agency you would like to be hired. Just remember, this job is all about seniority! Transferring back and forth will move you down the seniority pool.

16 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Also going to OA will restart the clock on the 3 years as bus op to be promoted. 

That’s valuable information. I’m about to transfer from PBL to TA (well take the exam and wait) so my 3 years gets restarted. Thank you.