Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
The Real

Saw it today when I had to go up there. Didn’t approach it. 

I wish they would send them to ENY.

• Thumbs Up 1

Absolutely beautiful!! The information screens are specd perfectly as well. Cannot wait to ride these on the S79. 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888
  • Upvote 1

On 7/3/2018 at 11:54 PM, XBht26 said:

Where are they going?!?

Nice look and design on the inside. The poles where the people once put their belongings in is now covered, instead of paper signs that says otherwise. I wonder what depot is getting the most of this 8504-8754 batch

On 7/3/2018 at 7:56 PM, The Real said:

NYMTA_Nova_8504.jpg

NYMTA_Nova_8504b.jpg

NYMTA_Nova_18LFS-Interior.jpg

This is maybe going to Jamaica Depot and also depots of Staten Island . I was going to first say ENY , but it's not suitable for the "stop and go" in BK which is the reason why they transferred out to Jamaica Depot in 2017 when it should be the order of Ulmer Park. The Xcelsiors out performs them.

Edited by King Transit

1 hour ago, King Transit said:

Slow up, no assignments have been made for this order yet. Stay tuned.

• Thumbs Up 2

So I'm going to assume that this 8504 is just the first pilot without "the new Hi-visibility operator's window" and that a second 8504 will be made with the redesign.

That is a great opinion , but the Xcelsiors are deemed better for ENY because It's due to the width of this bus concerning the space on the 'stop and go'. Which is why in 2017 , their 2015 LFS' have transferred to Jamaica Depot instead. For this year , this LFS #8504 with the other are going to the depots of Bronx , Staten Island , and Queens.

On 7/5/2018 at 9:40 AM, I Run Trains said:

Where are they going?!?

I think that SI is getting a good chunk of them for the S79 SBS and to get the NG's out of SI.

41 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

I think that SI is getting a good chunk of them for the S79 SBS and to get the NG's out of SI.

According to page 1 of the Fleet and Depots thread, they are to go to the the Bronx, Queens (except Jamaica), and Staten Island. While I do not want to speculate on where these buses will go, I will say that you may be right about Yukon getting some to displace the NG hybrids. In fact, I think they will go to any of the depots in the three aforementioned depots to displace the NG hybrids, and send them to the diesel-hating hybrid-loving Manhattanville Depot to replace their 2003-2004 hybrids. Queens Villages batch may be a direct replacement for those buses.

But the assignments are not out yet, so we will have to wait and see.

• Upvote 1

That is a great opinion , but the Xcelsiors are deemed better for ENY because It's due to the width of this bus concerning the space on the 'stop and go'. Which is why in 2017 , their 2015 LFS' have transferred to Jamaica Depot instead. For this year , this LFS #8504 with the other are going to the depots of Bronx , Staten Island , and Queens.

15 minutes ago, junjun441 said:

Damn... GH gets everything. No love for KB.

Especially it's the fist depot with the oldest and very first +SBS that is awarded to have a 10 year service of the Bx12 +SBS and with the recent LFSAs.

Here's the celebration...

https://youtu.be/XtS3B4BiVwE

Edited by King Transit

On 7/6/2018 at 9:13 PM, JeremiahC99 said:

According to page 1 of the Fleet and Depots thread, they are to go to the the Bronx, Queens (except Jamaica), and Staten Island. While I do not want to speculate on where these buses will go, I will say that you may be right about Yukon getting some to displace the NG hybrids. In fact, I think they will go to any of the depots in the three aforementioned depots to displace the NG hybrids, and send them to the diesel-hating hybrid-loving Manhattanville Depot to replace their 2003-2004 hybrids. Queens Villages batch may be a direct replacement for those buses.

I don't know about ''diesel hating'' but its probably political.... In any case Manhattan with its stop-and-go traffic is more or less the ideal place for hybrids.

On 7/6/2018 at 1:39 PM, King Transit said:

What exactly do you mean by the width? All MTA buses are the same width.

On 7/6/2018 at 9:13 PM, JeremiahC99 said:

No need to speculate when it's already been stated as to where they are going. Yukon is on that list for SBS, however the final assignments are pending.

On 7/10/2018 at 9:59 PM, junjun441 said:

Damn... GH gets everything. No love for KB.

KB is on the list.

On 7/10/2018 at 11:50 PM, Missabassie said:

I don't know about ''diesel hating'' but its probably political.... In any case Manhattan with its stop-and-go traffic is more or less the ideal place for hybrids.

Sort of political. Mostly operational. MV was deemed a future alternative energy depot nearly 2 decades ago. It's also an optimal place for series hybrids as you mentioned. 

11 hours ago, East New York said:

Sort of political. Mostly operational. MV was deemed a future alternative energy depot nearly 2 decades ago. It's also an optimal place for series hybrids as you mentioned.

Wasn't that the same case for Mother Clara Hale Depot (after it reopened), given that their entire standard fleet consists of all hybrids to address the concerns of those living near the depot about pollution?

20 hours ago, East New York said:

No need to speculate when it's already been stated as to where they are going. Yukon is on that list for SBS, however the final assignments are pending.

Got it. With this order, the upcoming XD60 for Clara Hale and Flatbush, and the LFS order for Gun Hill and Mike Quill, this will leave the Q70 LaGuardia Link as the only SBS with no new buses, so it will be interesting to see what will happen over there. Also, don't mean to ask, but this is about the bike rack buses on bus routes crossing the Verrazano Narrows Bridge (S53 and S93 LTD out of Castleton Depot). Since there are currently underway replacing the SBS buses with new ones, do you think there will be any plans concerning the current bike rack buses for the foreseeable future (i.e possible replacement with new scheme buses with racks)?