Few thoughts:

-front window way too big

-yellow back ruins the bus

-back route sign looks weird in the center

-front route/destination sign is too small

-looks too European with the lights

I feel like whoever designed the bus exterior thought design and complexity was more important than simplicity and communication (in terms of the sign)... I personally prefer the design of the Prevosts and MCIs.

7 minutes ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Definitely needs a bigger destination sign. But hopefully not like those Prevosts where it is the separate signs put next to each other. Those are terrible. 

I actually e-mailed the (MTA) about how ugly the original ones were and they claimed that they received good feedback about them. I had to laugh at that one. Such liars.

On 7/5/2018 at 1:12 PM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

That bus ruins the other beautiful scenery along Shore Road, and what's that thing on the front above the destination sign? It looks like some sort of camera.

It's one of the cameras that draws a 360 view around the bus. 

Just now, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

And what's the point of that exactly?

So we can see y'all running and pull off. 😂

All 4 cameras together provide a top down view of everything around the bus so you can see cars and stuff before you start moving. 

Just now, SevenEleven said:

So we can see y'all running and pull off. 😂

All 4 cameras together provide a top down view of everything around the bus so you can see cars and stuff before you start moving. 

They don't need cameras for that.  I've been on THREE buses now in the last three days that had people running for them and they pulled right out of the stop. LOL

BxM2 the other night at 53rd. Little girl running for the bus with her parents. The B/O is like I can't risk it, so he pulled out and kept going.  Didn't want to stop in the street and risk being written up.  However, the other two were local buses.  M3 bus... Guy running for the bus at 53rd street.  Driver pulls out and stops at the light.  This morning M11 bus... Mother running for the bus with her daughter. Same thing... lol

On 7/11/2018 at 11:18 PM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I actually e-mailed the (MTA) about how ugly the original ones were and they claimed that they received good feedback about them. I had to laugh at that one. Such liars.

"Good" feedback is not the same as "positive" feedback.

(1) "Positive feedback" means that commenters tend to like the bus.

(2) "Good feedback" means that commenters are offering good ideas for changes.

Archived