MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet (if you need it). The CPD-B booklet is not necessary since this is not a civil service position.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

Good luck!

According to this page, filing for this exam will begin this Friday, July 13th. Until the official Notice of Examination gets published, I would encourage you folks to look at this & this Notice of Examinations for any questions that you may have. In addition, you will probably find this thread very useful as well.

Happy posting!!

Edited by +Young+

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It says:

Type of Test - See the Selection Process Section

Then in "Selection Process Section" it says:

Applicants will be assigned a random list number that is generated electronically and as vacancies occur, they be scheduled to take the Bus Operator Selection Survey (BOSS). We anticipate the BOSS for this exam will be held intermittently beginning in December 2018 and throughout 2019. Applicants who successfully complete the BOSS and the following components of the employment process will be considered for employment in random list number order. 1. A driving record review 2. Drug test and medical assessment 3. Criminal and work record review (failure to disclose prior convictions may disqualify) Refer to the “Requirements to be Appointed” section of this notice, above, for additional information on conditions that must be met at the time of appointment.

Does this mean there is no multiple choice exam? just the BOSS? Or is that how it usually is? I thought it was usually you took a multiple choice exam, then were called in by list number to take the BOSS? Anyone know?

29 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

It says:

Type of Test - See the Selection Process Section

Then in "Selection Process Section" it says:

Applicants will be assigned a random list number that is generated electronically and as vacancies occur, they be scheduled to take the Bus Operator Selection Survey (BOSS). We anticipate the BOSS for this exam will be held intermittently beginning in December 2018 and throughout 2019. Applicants who successfully complete the BOSS and the following components of the employment process will be considered for employment in random list number order. 1. A driving record review 2. Drug test and medical assessment 3. Criminal and work record review (failure to disclose prior convictions may disqualify) Refer to the “Requirements to be Appointed” section of this notice, above, for additional information on conditions that must be met at the time of appointment.

Does this mean there is no multiple choice exam? just the BOSS? Or is that how it usually is? I thought it was usually you took a multiple choice exam, then were called in by list number to take the BOSS? Anyone know?

MaBSTOA and MTA Bus Company do not require applicants to take and pass a competitive civil service exam to be considered for appointment. For this examination, MaBSTOA Bus Operator Exam No. 9100, it is no different. Candidates are screened for suitability relative to the position by taking a psychological assessment known as the Bus Operator Selection Survey (BOSS), which is then analyzed and compared to established standards on a strictly pass or fail basis per individual.

40 minutes ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

MaBSTOA and MTA Bus Company do not require applicants to take and pass a competitive civil service exam to be considered for appointment. For this examination, MaBSTOA Bus Operator Exam No. 9100, it is no different. Candidates are screened for suitability relative to the position by taking a psychological assessment known as the Bus Operator Selection Survey (BOSS), which is then analyzed and compared to established standards on a strictly pass or fail basis per individual.

Thanks! 

Hello there! I have a question, I had applied for, 4 Bus operator exams last year. The 7300,7304,7105, and 7612.  I am currently schedule to report to zarega a week from now for the 7304 Part-time Bus Operator training. Should pursue the 9100 exam?

2 hours ago, Shinrasilver said:

Hello there! I have a question, I had applied for, 4 Bus operator exams last year. The 7300,7304,7105, and 7612.  I am currently schedule to report to zarega a week from now for the 7304 Part-time Bus Operator training. Should pursue the 9100 exam?

Definitely!! The purpose of the part-time Bus Operator, IMHO, is to get your foot. As @SevenEleven said in this post, once you pass training, you won't have to go through that again.

In addition, with the OA exams, as it says in the third post, we will be given a random list number. So if your list number for 7300 and 7105 is high, and you didn't do that well on exam 7612, but get a low random list number for this exam, then you'll be good to go!!

4 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Definitely!! The purpose of the part-time Bus Operator, IMHO, is to get your foot. As @SevenEleven said in this post, once you pass training, you won't have to go through that again.

In addition, with the OA exams, as it says in the third post, we will be given a random list number. So if your list number for 7300 and 7105 is high, and you didn't do that well on exam 7612, but get a low random list number for this exam, then you'll be good to go!!

List numbers are random no? Isn’t it a pass or fail not a score for the boss 

19 hours ago, umidonthaveone said:

List numbers are random no? Isn’t it a pass or fail not a score for the boss 

List numbers are random except for the NYC Transit (TA) positions, which are based on a civil service exam. The BOSS is a pass/fail.

Question, when you apply for other exams you are given a random number without taking the boss exam again right ?

Correct, except for the NYC Transit (TA) positions, which are based on an exam. Only after the BOSS for those civil service exams is when you're given your list number.

Did you have to retake the boss ? I heard you get a random list number if you took it recently 

If you took it within the past year, probably not. If it's over a year, then yes.

3 hours ago, Shinrasilver said:

When I took the Boss for the 7304, MTA sent me a letter few months later stating I didn't have to take the Boss for 7300 because I did one in the same year. They gave me a list number, I can't remember if it was before the Boss or after.

As far as I can recall, it was probably before. If someone can clarify this, I would appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

Hello good afternoon all and good luck, 

I took the MAB Test and I got my letter saying congratulations and my list #7**. Also I paid for the 9100 MAB test just Incase it doesn’t work out follow by the nyct bus test that is now given. How long do you think it will take them to start calling from the 7105 exam ? And how do I tell them that since I did 7105 exam and I paid for 9100 do I have to take it again ? 

3 hours ago, Shateek8293 said:

Hello good afternoon all and good luck,

I took the MAB Test and I got my letter saying congratulations and my list #7**. Also I paid for the 9100 MAB test just Incase it doesn’t work out follow by the nyct bus test that is now given. How long do you think it will take them to start calling from the 7105 exam ? And how do I tell them that since I did 7105 exam and I paid for 9100 do I have to take it again ? 

As far as the BOSS exams are concerned, as it states on the bottom of this page, if you took it within the past calendar year and passed, you don't need to take it again.

As far as the NYC Transit Bus Operator Exam #9604 is concerned, chances are that we will have to re-take the BOSS for that examination, since it will probably and most likely be over a year since the last BOSS exam was administered, when they get around to it. The multiple-choice exam has not even been administered yet; let's get through that first. Any other questions, please post in the relevant forum, as per the guidelines of the website.

Thank you!!

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, umidonthaveone said:

Just got an admissions letter for the boss 9100, I guess you have to retake it even if you’ve taken the exam before 

As it states on the bottom of this page, for one of the Bus Operator Exams: "Please note that candidates that have already successfully completed the BOSS for another exam number (e.g., 7105, 7300) within the last year were not invited because they do not need to complete BOSS again for Exam No. 7612."

This makes sense since the last time I recall taking the BOSS was approximately last December. Therefore, as far as retaking the BOSS exam, it all depends on when you took the last BOSS examination.

Edited by +Young+

5 hours ago, +Young+ said:

As it states on the bottom of this page, for one of the Bus Operator Exams: "Please note that candidates that have already successfully completed the BOSS for another exam number (e.g., 7105, 7300) within the last year were not invited because they do not need to complete BOSS again for Exam No. 7612."

This makes sense since the last time I recall taking the BOSS was approximately last December. Therefore, as far as retaking the BOSS exam, it all depends on when you took the last BOSS examination.

Yeah true I didn’t even look at the bottom, I took it this year thou, next boss is scheduled in a couple of months. Long story short we get a different list number for it right ?