MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet (if you need it). The CPD-B booklet is not necessary since this is not a civil service position.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

Good luck!

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Johnny1227 said:

Yes paperwork not much at all and drug test afterwards they'll tell you to wait for a call an email for finger printing 

Were you there long ? I have to go Friday at 9am. Did they ask you any interview questions or anything about your application ? 

3 hours ago, Johnny1227 said:

Yes paperwork not much at all and drug test afterwards they'll tell you to wait for a call an email for finger printing 

Thanks, were they letting a lot of people in or was it small groups since this void thing is going on? 

Just received an email to report to 180 Livingston on 8/5 for drug and alcohol test. I'm going away over the weekend, and was expecting to have a few drinks. Should I avoid drinking completely until then? What are they really looking for with the alcohol portion of the test? I am not worried about drugs since I am totally clean with that.

57 minutes ago, Biggington said:

I can't find my damn social security card!!! Having a panic attack!

EDIT: Is it mandatory that I bring that? I have birth certificate and passport but cannot find SS card.

Yes you’ll need your SS card.

My list number is 11XX

I moved a couple of years ago and I must’ve forgotten where I left my SS card during that time. I requested another one online just now but I doubt I’ll get it before Wednesday. In the mean time I will be turning my house upside down until I find it. 

Hello everyone and congrats on getting the call backs and letters!! I’m going in my drug test this Friday 7/31, just want to ask whats the process, how early should i arrive, whats going to happen that day just paperwork & drug test ? Then medical another day ? I heard the classes are 8/17 & 8/31 

Requested a new SS card and called my local office to see if there's anything they can do. The SS office told me that its going to take 5-10 business days but he claims that "all" employers have been instructed to be lenient when it comes to SS documents missing and the wait for replacements being longer. I highly doubt the MTA will cut anyone a break! We'll see, as I continue to look for the missing card.

Good luck and congratulations to everyone heading to 180 next week!

1 hour ago, Biggington said:

Requested a new SS card and called my local office to see if there's anything they can do. The SS office told me that its going to take 5-10 business days but he claims that "all" employers have been instructed to be lenient when it comes to SS documents missing and the wait for replacements being longer. I highly doubt the MTA will cut anyone a break! We'll see, as I continue to look for the missing card.

Good luck and congratulations to everyone heading to 180 next week!

Don't worry. Just bring in what you have. Show them confirmation that a new social is coming. And show up. They will probably still process you BUT you have to bring in that social. I've seen people with the same issue. Biggest issue is giving up. Don't give up. 

On 7/29/2020 at 6:03 PM, Johnny1227 said:

I was there for about an hr no interview 

Can you describe your experience a little mostly with covid? Are there a lot of people? Do they stand in the bathroom with you ? Do you have to wear a mask the whole time your there ? 

52 minutes ago, Natalie said:

So after the physical and all of us are scheduled into a class. Immediately after that, we are expected do line training?? So we are not expected to give our current employers any notice at all?

As far as the first question is concerned, click here for more information. Just note that for MaBSTOA (or 'OA'), you are limited to depots in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan, not Queens nor Staten Island.

As far as the second question is concerned, not everyone will pass the 10-Day Bus Operator Training Session (click here for more information). Therefore, when you go for final processing, they are going to suggest that you take a 'leave of absence' or 'vacation' or something to that nature. This way, in the event you do not pass the 10-Day Bus Operator Training Session, you can go back to your job without burning any bridges.

Meanwhile, for those of who are waiting for either a drug (urine) test, physical, fingerprinting, final processing, etc., have you looked at the handouts? Other members have testified that these have came in 'very handy' during the 10-day training session. In addition, for those of you who might have questions about what the 'physical' contains, click here. I know this is a little 'out-dated,' however it is something better than nothing.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. However, the more specific you are, the better it will be.

Good luck! Stay safe and healthy!!

Edited by +Young+
Addition...