MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet (if you need it). The CPD-B booklet is not necessary since this is not a civil service position.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

Good luck!

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/26/2018 at 5:58 PM, Gee-Shock said:

I received a letter last week also. My test date is October 25th. I seen someone here with a November date. I saw another with a date in January. What if they already picked numbers and they're distributing the test accordingly?

That seems to be the case with the older OA exams. It could be the case with this one. I also didn’t expect to get the Boss in October, and knowing the MTA, it’s on a day that I work lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2018 at 11:55 AM, Shinabee65 said:

Hi guys, I received an admission letter to come to Livingston on December 4, 2018 for BOSS exam 9100,  but didn't I get any list# in that admission letter, is it normal? I also took boss exam for 7105 on December 20th 2017, two weeks to be exactly one year. 

Yes this is normal. Once you pass the BOSS, they will mail you another letter with your list number, which will be a random number, since there is no civil service examination for this position.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2018 at 9:33 AM, sisslims29 said:

It's almost one year already since some of us last took the Boss exam for 7105? Wow, I really am scared of the psychological exams. I prefer the read and comprehend exams.

Why? Even if you took the civil service exam for Bus Operator for NYC Transit, which includes reading comprehension questions, you're still going to have to take the BOSS.

Plus, the BOSS is the same exam as last year!! Therefore, if you passed it, you should not have a problem passing it again, providing you remember how you answered the questions.

Edited by +Young+

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2018 at 7:11 PM, Jeffrey Belkin said:

Hi all!! I take the exam on the 14th!! approximately how long should I expect to wait to get my results? Also, since it's not a civil service position, the list number is at random? can someone elaborate on that please? I find it to be a little confusing. thanks.

Upon passing the BOSS exam, you will be assigned a random list number. It's like a lottery.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2018 at 3:52 PM, +Young+ said:

Plus, the BOSS is the same exam as last year!! Therefore, if you passed it, you should not have a problem passing it again, providing you remember how you answered the questions.

So earlier today I took the BOSS for this exam. If anybody else was down there as well, I was wearing a green sweatshirt and my seat number was less than 20.

Like I stated above, the BOSS was the same as last year. Therefore, as far as I'm concerned, there were no "surprises" especially when it came to initially filling out the answer sheet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2018 at 6:39 PM, +Young+ said:

As far as the BOSS exams are concerned, as it states on the bottom of this page, if you took it within the past calendar year and passed, you don't need to take it again.

As far as the NYC Transit Bus Operator Exam #9604 is concerned, chances are that we will have to re-take the BOSS for that examination, since it will probably and most likely be over a year since the last BOSS exam was administered, when they get around to it. The multiple-choice exam has not even been administered yet; let's get through that first. Any other questions, please post in the relevant forum, as per the guidelines of the website.

Thank you!!

36 minutes ago, Shateek8293 said:

Hello all and good luck

I paid for the exam 9100 and just took my 9604 exam. My question is I haven’t gotten any notifications on 9100. I did take the same test 7105 last December did I miss the 9100 test ? 

You can always email them at examsunit@nyct.com and see what they say...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Harry featured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 10:05 PM, Natalie said:

Has anyone received their results yet for exam 9100 or 9604?

On 4/1/2019 at 9:59 PM, Jurbaez said:

Any updates?

Just received mine today. I passed! My list number is 1xx.

Question to all : Since I just moved from NY to NJ last month and have a new driver’s license, should I bring my old NYS license?  I’m asking as it the old one does not expire until this December.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

3 hours ago, misslo said:

I got my mine I'm in the 2***. How come i can never get a list number in the 0-999 range. 🤔

My list number is in the 2300's. Don't feel bad, you're not the only one.