MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet (if you need it). The CPD-B booklet is not necessary since this is not a civil service position.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

Good luck!

(Red Hook on the Road) Hello Everyone, 

This is @Myrv from Red Hook on the Road. Due to this challenging times as we all confront this pandemic together, we hope that you and your loved ones are healthy and safe by practicing social distancing and doing your best to stay indoors. To all our Alumni's who are currently essential workers we want to thank you for your service during this crisis. We truly appreciate you all. (sentence removed)

(removed)

Stay Safe and Thank You.

Edited by +Young+
Breaking guidelines...

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Myrv said:

(Red Hook on the Road) Hello Everyone, 

This is @Myrv from Red Hook on the Road. Due to this challenging times as we all confront this pandemic together, we hope that you and your loved ones are healthy and safe by practicing social distancing and doing your best to stay indoors. To all our Alumni's who are currently essential workers we want to thank you for your service during this crisis. We truly appreciate you all. (sentence removed)

(removed)

Stay Safe and Thank You.

First of all, are you familiar with the guidelines that the moderators put into place? As I look over your original post, you broke several of these guidelines, which include:

-Member Privacy: You are aware that you originally revealed your full name, which can jeopardize your safety, right?. As some of the other members know, I sometimes reveal my nickname and e-mail address when private messaging other members when necessary, however I only do this in private messaging for my own personal safety, especially since we can practically "Google"  anything in today's day and age. We recommend you do the same.

-Spamming/Advertising: I understand that you're trying to help people, however as per this webpage, there are eligibility requirements that have to be met. Therefore, with the fact that you originally typed "We are still actively recruiting for our Commercial Driver's Training Program and kindly asking you all to help spread the word around to family, friends, and community members interested in obtaining the CDL B/BP/BPS" in addition to mentioning information sessions is prohibited.

(In addition, if you look at the second page of the Notice of Examination for this particular exam, you are aware that going into Transit with the Commercial Drivers License is not 100% mandatory, right? In order to get hired, you need either the Class B Commercial Drivers License or the Class B Commerical Learners Permit (CLP), along with the necessary endorsements. Although, from reading the other threads that the Commercial Drivers License is highly recommended, there is a difference between "highly recommended" and "mandatory.")

-Posting in the Relevant Forum and Off-topic posting: You are aware that there is a thread dedicated towards helping people getting their CDL and seeking experience, right? If not, click here. Now if you post something similar in that thread, which includes a company phone number (nothing personal) and a URL link, that's fine. However, by posting this information in this thread/topic, you are aware that you are breaking the "forum etiquette," right?

-Bumping Topics: You did mention on the previous page that you are waiting for a call for medical, and probably another drug test. However, with the fact that this thread/topic is "pinned," in addition to the fact that you can bookmark and/or add this thread/topic to your favorites, there is no need for this.

In conclusion, as I originally said, please review the guidelines to make our experience on this public forum website more pleasant for everyone. One of the last things we want is anything backfiring as a result of what somebody posted, especially with the amount of information that you originally posted.

Thank you.

Edited by +Young+
Correction

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Johnny1227 said:

Good afternoon everyone,has any received any updates or have an email to access them?

You can try to email them, however, as per this recent post, no one has responded. Personally, I'm not surprised since they "don't work too hard."

In addition, as per the guidelines of the website, can you please refrain from "bumping" topics, such as this one? Even if you follow the other thread, the fact that, as of this typing (Thursday, June 18th, 2020 at approximately 1:20 PM) the HR Office is still closed should say something to begin with.

Thank you.

Edited by +Young+

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone else get the email today about “redoing” the preemployment stage?  Prior to COVID I did go down to Livingston and I did the paperwork and drug test in person.  So I’m curious if there asking anyone else to redo the paper work? The exact wording: “MTA NYCT is canvassing names on the Bus Operator -- MaBSTOA Exam 9100 list in anticipation of making appointments. In order for you to be considered for this position, you must respond to this canvass, complete the enclosed pre-employment application form and submit any required document(s) to indicate your interest. Your response must be submitted to, xxxx@xxx.com, no later than Wednesday July 15, 2020.

Just curious if anyone else got it? 

11 minutes ago, Ramirez1523 said:

Did anyone else get the email today about “redoing” the preemployment stage?  Prior to COVID I did go down to Livingston and I did the paperwork and drug test in person.  So I’m curious if there asking anyone else to redo the paper work? The exact wording: “MTA NYCT is canvassing names on the Bus Operator -- MaBSTOA Exam 9100 list in anticipation of making appointments. In order for you to be considered for this position, you must respond to this canvass, complete the enclosed pre-employment application form and submit any required document(s) to indicate your interest. Your response must be submitted to, xxxx@xxx.com, no later than Wednesday July 15, 2020.

Just curious if anyone else got it? 

One of my co-workers did. Transit is getting ready to hire like crazy. Get everything in order and be prepared to be called down sometime soon. Everyday there's tons of open work, mass retirements, right now they requested 5000 names from DCAS to fill 600 vacancies, and that doesn't include OA and MTA BUS.

On 7/8/2020 at 12:56 PM, Myrv said:

Hi, I received my preemployment email, for exam #9100. Application must be resubmitted by July 15, 2020

I've received mines aswell, I have a quick question. Do u know to to actually sign it because I'm unable to do so on the computer 

On 7/11/2020 at 11:40 AM, Johnny1227 said:

I've received mines aswell, I have a quick question. Do u know to to actually sign it because I'm unable to do so on the computer 

If you have an iPhone there's a way you can edit a pdf and add a signature where needed. Hope you're able to figure it out!

I have a question for you all! I am filling out the section with motor vehicle license information. Its asking about serious moving violations, and to list all "pending violations" the most serious violation I received was a speeding ticket or going though a red light and all of that was at least 5 years ago. I should list all the tickets I received in this section, right? Or is it only for pending violations that haven't been closed?

Also... for the All Agency Outside Activity Approval Request. Thats only necessary if you have a second job?

Edited by Biggington

3 hours ago, Biggington said:

If you have an iPhone there's a way you can edit a pdf and add a signature where needed. Hope you're able to figure it out!

I have a question for you all! I am filling out the section with motor vehicle license information. Its asking about serious moving violations, and to list all "pending violations" the most serious violation I received was a speeding ticket or going though a red light and all of that was at least 5 years ago. I should list all the tickets I received in this section, right? Or is it only for pending violations that haven't been closed?

Also... for the All Agency Outside Activity Approval Request. Thats only necessary if you have a second job?

I do not know the answer to your first question since I primarily use a Windows desktop or laptop for anything to that nature. My apologies.

Second, I would primarily list the pending violations and your moving violations within the past three [3] years. If you have room for other violations, I would list them as well.

As a suggestion, have you ran your standard driving record to see what is and what is not on there? If you're unsure of what I'm talking about, click here. When you go to 180 Livingston Street for pre-employment, one of the things that they will do is run your abstract to see if you meet the criteria as far as the amounts of accidents you have, any points you have, any pending violations, etc. Therefore, if you got a ticket over 5 years ago and it's not on your abstract, I would not worry about it. In addition, they also look at your abstract for the past three [3] years. As a result, if you got into an accident on July 10th, 2017, although the accident might physically still appear on your abstract, the HR Office will not hold this against you.

The "All Agency Outside Activity Approval Request" form is for those who plan on having a second on-the-books job. Even if you do not plan on having a second job, I would still print it out. The reason why is because, when you go for pre-employment, they will tell you to write "None" in a certain section, followed by signing it at the bottom.

Good luck!

28 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

I do not know the answer to your first question since I primarily use a Windows desktop or laptop for anything to that nature. My apologies.

Second, I would primarily list the pending violations and your moving violations within the past three [3] years. If you have room for other violations, I would list them as well.

As a suggestion, have you ran your standard driving record to see what is and what is not on there? If you're unsure of what I'm talking about, click here. When you go to 180 Livingston Street for pre-employment, one of the things that they will do is run your abstract to see if you meet the criteria as far as the amounts of accidents you have, any points you have, any pending violations, etc. Therefore, if you got a ticket over 5 years ago and it's not on your abstract, I would not worry about it. In addition, they also look at your abstract for the past three [3] years. As a result, if you got into an accident on July 10th, 2017, although the accident might physically still appear on your abstract, the HR Office will not hold this against you.

The "All Agency Outside Activity Approval Request" form is for those who plan on having a second on-the-books job. Even if you do not plan on having a second job, I would still print it out. The reason why is because, when you go for pre-employment, they will tell you to write "None" in a certain section, followed by signing it at the bottom.

Good luck!

My record is clean for the past 3 years however I had a brief suspension 7 years ago when I first got my License due to getting a speeding ticket during my probationary period after first receiving my license. Do you think that would have any effect on my opportunity for employment?

49 minutes ago, Biggington said:

My record is clean for the past 3 years however I had a brief suspension 7 years ago when I first got my License due to getting a speeding ticket during my probationary period after first receiving my license. Do you think that would have any effect on my opportunity for employment?

Negative. In addition, if you run off your abstract, like I recommend, and nothing from this is on there, then I would definitely say negative.

Good luck!!

5 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Negative. In addition, if you run off your abstract, like I recommend, and nothing from this is on there, then I would definitely say negative.

Good luck!!

Took a look at my abstract and saw two tickets, one for going through a red light and another for going through a stop sign. Both convictions from 2/2017. Hope that won’t be an issue! Thanks for the help. 

36 minutes ago, Biggington said:

Took a look at my abstract and saw two tickets, one for going through a red light and another for going through a stop sign. Both convictions from 2/2017. Hope that won’t be an issue! Thanks for the help. 

You're welcome. These two tickets are over three [3] years old. Therefore, you should be fine.

Good luck! Please keep us posted!!

1 hour ago, Markito said:

Hey does anyone know what is involved in the training process for those who already have a class b license with passenger endorsement. Are we trained separate from those with no CDL ? 

First of all, welcome to the Forums! Have you looked at this and/or this thread?

If you still have any more questions, please do not hesitate to ask and please do not hesitate to be specific compared to asking a "general" question.

Thanks!

I turned in my pre-employment forms along with my Cdl. I just received an email from Mta and said in order for them to proceed with my application that I will need to submit my social security card and birth certificate. Did they request those documents in the premployment forms?? I didn’t see that anywhere 

6 hours ago, Natalie said:

I turned in my pre-employment forms along with my Cdl. I just received an email from Mta and said in order for them to proceed with my application that I will need to submit my social security card and birth certificate. Did they request those documents in the premployment forms?? I didn’t see that anywhere 

I didn't see that either, haven't received an email about it. Maybe Monday they'll say something, ill call to confirm. Definitely doesn't say that anywhere on what I read. 

8 hours ago, bkborn said:

Does anyone know where they're at with the list for this exam? I received the canvas, filled out the pre employment info, sent my permit and drivers license in. List in the 3xxx's 😖

I’m list #41**

7 hours ago, Natalie said:

Did they request those documents in the premployment forms?? I didn’t see that anywhere 

50 minutes ago, bkborn said:

I didn't see that either, haven't received an email about it. Maybe Monday they'll say something, ill call to confirm. Definitely doesn't say that anywhere on what I read. 

Just so all of us are on the same page, you are referring to these forms, right? I looked over these forms myself and it didn't say anything anything specific as far as a passport, birth certificate, social security card or anything to that nature.

@bkborn I’m # 41** so I guess they are moving quickly like someone else on here said. Good luck to us all! I turned in my canvas and preemployment and they wanted me to account for certain dates during my employment history that was blank. Mind you this was 20 years ago then that’s when they also requested other docs