MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet (if you need it). The CPD-B booklet is not necessary since this is not a civil service position.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

Good luck!

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Toria525 said:

Any one has any insight ? 

I did my drug test today. A lot of 8:00 am appointments didn’t even show. At 9am it was me and two other gentlemen. You must wear a mask at all times and security will send you up to the 5th floor then they check your temperature, you go speak to Kevin at the window nice guy and then you go to another window to hand in your identification license, social and birth certificate and go over any issues with your application you filled out online. Then your sent to LAB down the hall which Kevin will instruct and guide you. They call your name you have to remove everything in your pockets and go pee in a cup by yourself. You fill out some drug test forms and put your specimen in the cooler and your done. Kevin will explain how now you have to wait for another email or call for a medical which I don’t understand why everything couldn’t be done same day the place was empty lol. I was in and out less then an hour. 

46 minutes ago, Markito said:

I did my drug test today. A lot of 8:00 am appointments didn’t even show. At 9am it was me and two other gentlemen. You must wear a mask at all times and security will send you up to the 5th floor then they check your temperature, you go speak to Kevin at the window nice guy and then you go to another window to hand in your identification license, social and birth certificate and go over any issues with your application you filled out online. Then your sent to LAB down the hall which Kevin will instruct and guide you. They call your name you have to remove everything in your pockets and go pee in a cup by yourself. You fill out some drug test forms and put your specimen in the cooler and your done. Kevin will explain how now you have to wait for another email or call for a medical which I don’t understand why everything couldn’t be done same day the place was empty lol. I was in and out less then an hour. 

Thats how it is. Drug test and after thats clear (in about a week) its medical.  In really rare cases you have drug and medical done in the same day.  Drug tests do expire. Some people do multiple drug tests until they get to medical.

4 hours ago, Moody said:

Thats how it is. Drug test and after thats clear (in about a week) its medical.  In really rare cases you have drug and medical done in the same day.  Drug tests do expire. Some people do multiple drug tests until they get to medical.

I did 3 drug tests. 

On 7/29/2020 at 4:22 PM, Natalie said:

@Biggington I just wouldn’t drink the day before since alcohol leaves your system in 24 hours. But we will see what everyone says as well. 

Hey guys, how about this question? Should we not be drinking any alcohol this weekend? Opinions please. Thank you 

When I did the drug test on Monday the women who checked the documents told me to expect the medical at the end of this week or beginning of next week she said as soon as the drug test cleared.  She said TA was aiming to have people in the class that is starting 8/16/2020 and everything would move extremely quick.

just relaying what I was told

1 hour ago, Biggington said:

Everyone dress up for their drug test? Lol

ill be going in without my social security card so I hope it doesn’t cause me a huge issue. Still waiting to receive my replacement 

Bro , one guy had basketball shorts and nike flip flops.  Everyone else was well dressed.  Be there at the exact time of your appointment, if you go earlier you will waste your time . 

1 hour ago, Biggington said:

Everyone dress up for their drug test? Lol

ill be going in without my social security card so I hope it doesn’t cause me a huge issue. Still waiting to receive my replacement 

When you go to Zerega and your union meeting make sure that you dress well , they don’t play there . 

15 minutes ago, bkborn said:

it says business casual, khakis collar shirt is good. Things of that nature, I wouldn't do jeans and a tee. 

One time when I went down to 180 Livingston Street, I wore black jeans with a yellow polo collared shirt and either sneakers or boots and nobody said anything to me.

8 minutes ago, luiggi0102 said:

When you go to Zerega and your union meeting make sure that you dress well , they don’t play there . 

By the time they send you to Zerega, you will be given instructions on what to wear as a 'temporary' uniform, so you won't have to worry about "dressing well" when the time comes.

Edited by +Young+
Addition...

3 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

One time when I went down to 180 Livingston Street, I wore black jeans with a yellow polo collared shirt and nobody said anything to me.

By the time they send you to Zerega, you will be given instructions on what to wear as a 'temporary' uniform, so you won't have to worry about "dressing well" when the time comes.

Well let me rephrase that! Make sure that your temporary uniform its well ironed and boots/shoes clean. Tie on at all times in the building, that’s what I was told by 3 people that got hired 2yrs ago. 

It’s not the greatest job ever but its a job that will put 100k+ in your pocket annually, so just try to look clean and professional. 

4 hours ago, +Young+ said:

One time when I went down to 180 Livingston Street, I wore black jeans with a yellow polo collared shirt and either sneakers or boots and nobody said anything to me.

Nice, I just personally wouldn't wear jeans. I am wearing a polo shit though lol. I saw the links you posted for the training and the class had on temp uniforms. Tommy button ups etc. Hopefully this process goes fairly quickly. Good info though as usual. 

4 hours ago, Natalie said:

@luiggi0102 100k?? You have to put in a lot of overtime to make that right? Starting out I think is only $26/hr??

$23.84 after 6 years $34 and change. Including holiday pay and the Ot you'll do, depending on if you enjoy the job you'll easily stack 100k a year. 

2 hours ago, bkborn said:

Good info though as usual. 

Thanks! And don't forget about the handouts and, for those who have a Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), the DMV CDL Road Test, especially the videos that can be found in this post. 

Stay safe and healthy!!

Edited by +Young+

Young is 100 percent right. I went in blue jeans white polo shirt and sneakers at 180 livingston. And many others have. No big deal.

When you go to zerega that's when you really have to be in dress code. After swearing in he said read the dress code its not a joke. 

Edited by Moody

Well I showed up this morning and because I didn’t have my social security card I was told I needed to be rescheduled. This really sucks but I am waiting on a replacement for now. 

The women at the counter told me I need to email the person who reached out to me with my original appointment to reschedule but that person never replied to my email when I told them my issue with social security in the first place. Don’t want to miss out on this opportunity because of something like this!