MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet (if you need it). The CPD-B booklet is not necessary since this is not a civil service position.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

Good luck!

45 minutes ago, Biggington said:

Well I showed up this morning and because I didn’t have my social security card I was told I needed to be rescheduled. This really sucks but I am waiting on a replacement for now. 

The women at the counter told me I need to email the person who reached out to me with my original appointment to reschedule but that person never replied to my email when I told them my issue with social security in the first place. Don’t want to miss out on this opportunity because of something like this! 

They’re not replying to emails so quick , the guy that contacted me (Ronald  Saint Jean) took 4 days to confirm a email . Don’t hesitate MTA needs a lot of drivers right now. I’m sure that once you have the ssn you are going to be rescheduled quick...  

Covid-19, delayed everything, we were supposed to be called a few months ago .

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Natalie said:

@luiggi0102 100k?? You have to put in a lot of overtime to make that right? Starting out I think is only $26/hr??

9 hours ago, bkborn said:

$23.84 after 6 years $34 and change. Including holiday pay and the Ot you'll do, depending on if you enjoy the job you'll easily stack 100k a year. 

@bkborn  the new contract is $24.87 and  $35 top pay , plus an additional $2 dollars for driving an articulated bus and extra money for driving pass 5pm I believe. 

There’s always something to do at the depot once your run is over ,  you can pick someone else run and drive a few more hrs (don’t do that on your probation time) clean the bus , collect the coins etc just ask your dispatcher . The opportunities are endless to make money there . Good luck 

Edited by luiggi0102

1 hour ago, luiggi0102 said:

@bkborn  the new contract is $24.87 and  $35 top pay , plus an additional $2 dollars for driving an articulated bus and extra money for driving pass 5pm I believe. 

There’s always something to do at the depot once your run is over ,  you can pick someone else run and drive a few more hrs (don’t do that on your probation time) clean the bus , collect the coins etc just ask your dispatcher . The opportunities are endless to make money there . Good luck 

Nice, good info. Let’s hope this goes quick. 

40 minutes ago, Natalie said:

@bkborn does the pay go up right after finishing your 1 year probation?

You will get a small raise every year until you hit top pay by the 5th yr ..

All the depots are loaded with available overtime!! A lot of drivers are out because of the COVID 19 and mta wasn’t hiring since March.  So forget about weekends with the boys,family  , holidays and birthdays!!! It’s time to make this $$$$

I can’t wait for that w2 with a lot of digits in it 

5 minutes ago, luiggi0102 said:

You will get a small raise every year until you hit top pay by the 5th yr ..

All the depots are loaded with available overtime!! A lot of drivers are out because of the COVID 19 and mta wasn’t hiring since March.  So forget about weekends with the boys,family  , holidays and birthdays!!! It’s time to make this $$$$

I can’t wait for that w2 with a lot of digits in it 

You’re already working or still in the hiring process? 

11 minutes ago, Natalie said:

@young what if someone pass the 10 day training class? Then how much notice will we be able to give our current employer? 

7 to 10 days . You have to try your best to passs the 7th day . Once you pass the training you are officially a MTA employee. With the 1yr probation .

@luiggi0102 so we are not expected to quit our jobs before the 10 day training class and just take a leave from work. and if we pass the 10 day we don’t give our current jobs any notice. Ok thank you so much for confirming. I am grateful for this opportunity just feel a little bad leaving a job without notice. 

16 minutes ago, Natalie said:

@luiggi0102 so we are not expected to quit our jobs before the 10 day training class and just take a leave from work. and if we pass the 10 day we don’t give our current jobs any notice. Ok thank you so much for confirming. I am grateful for this opportunity just feel a little bad leaving a job without notice. 

Maybe tell them you might be leaving? Haha, I did that with my old job, gave them a nice 30 day notice, used up my vacation time and all and then quit on the 7th day I qualified officially. Transit will make you fill out a Dual Enployment form on Day 0 to which they deny by default lol.

@Natalie thats what i'm going to do when the time comes. Personal Emergency lol. Only time will tell, stay focused and we'll be aight! 

@Biggington got my permit, taking lessons right now to get the cdl myself. Rather get the stress out of my mind now, I would have been gotten my cdl, literally forgot about this exam and randomly got the consideration email, raced to get my permit before the deadline. 

You're always at an advantage when you have your full cdl license. This way you don't have pressure to complete training and then dmv training. Because the MTA will provide training for your cdl license ( if you decide for them to pay for it). It can be expensive to do it on your own but the pressure is off and you'll be line training instead of still training for cdl.  

Good Luck to all starting up the new class. This is an amazing opportunity. But please pay attention to the advice of your training supt. They are not there to be your friend, so don't take it personally. Just try to correct any mistakes on your evaluation sheet each day. Go Slow. Slow is the key. Very Slow. Extremely Slow. I can't stress that enough. Good Luck See you all on the road.

1 hour ago, lornaevo said:

Good Luck to all starting up the new class. This is an amazing opportunity. But please pay attention to the advice of your training supt. They are not there to be your friend, so don't take it personally. Just try to correct any mistakes on your evaluation sheet each day. Go Slow. Slow is the key. Very Slow. Extremely Slow. I can't stress that enough. Good Luck See you all on the road.

When are the classes? Did one start already? 

About giving your current employer no notice if you pass the 10-day training - maybe I'm just old school, but I believe in not burning any bridges with previous employers if at all possible.  Getting an MTA job is a big deal, like entering the police or fire academies.  In my life experience most people respect that.  I would recommend being honest with your employer if you feel comfortable doing so and tell them what's up and when you are going for training.  Some employers might be jerks and show you the door, but if you are a valued employee then others will likely be willing to have you come back if things don't work out with the B/O training.   Just my two cents worth. 

On 8/5/2020 at 8:13 PM, Biggington said:

How many folks are going into training with a CDL already? How many just have a permit? Any experience? Just wondering as I have yet to have any commercial driving experience myself. 

You need your permit by the time they call you. 

On 8/5/2020 at 8:14 PM, Natalie said:

@luiggi0102 so should I take a leave of absence for 10 days and if I pass just say “sike” I’m not coming back? Lol 

That’s right brother 

On 8/5/2020 at 2:03 PM, bkborn said:

You’re already working or still in the hiring process? 

I’m in the hiring process, I took my drug test last week . I know the process well because I have 4 family members that are B/O . Every night that’s all we talk about lol