MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet (if you need it). The CPD-B booklet is not necessary since this is not a civil service position.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

Good luck!

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the mta gets 12 billion dollars from the government there won't be layoffs. At least not bus operators or subways. 

They're are trying to get Washingtons attention and ny state to get them the funds.  Its a scare tactic.  

Now we just have to wait and see if they get 12 billion.  

3 hours ago, lornaevo said:

Wish I knew how to upload a pdf to this site.

My apologies for going briefly "off-topic," however:

The first thing you need to do is to convert the PDF to a JPG - click here to do this for free.

Next, just like I did with the handouts, you need to upload the images to an online image hosting site. When I first started out, I used TinyPic. However, since that website has ceased operations, I moved over to Flickr, which myself and a lot of other members use to post their images online. Best of all, the website is free!!

Once you uploaded the pictures, click on the "Share Photo" icon for a specific URL link. Post this link into the Forums and you will be good to go!

Similarly, myself and another member did something similar with YouTube in this thread. Therefore, if you copy and paste the link directly into the post and you don't use the "URL link" feature, it should work.

If you want to discuss this further, please post something here, or send me a Private Message (PM).

2 hours ago, grod said:

What happens if you fail the DMV road test twice?

Two things:

The first will be termination, which is stated on page two of the Notice of Examination.

Believe it or not, a friend of mine also failed the 10-Day Training Session, and the Department of Buses published the following "Memorandum," in which the last portion of the last sentence, with the exception of a typographical error, states "are not recommended for rehire in any title," regardless if it is TA (NYC Transit), OA (MaBSTOA) or BC (Bus Company) Therefore, if you don't qualify or if you fail the road test twice, this is just a warning of what may happen to you.

Resignation Notice.jpg

Edited by +Young+

17 hours ago, Natalie said:

@luiggi0102 @Ramirez1523 how is Equipment training going? Did any of your supt’s mention anything about the layoffs?

Equipment Training was a report time of 8:30 am on Wednesday to Jamaica we did New Flyer and Nova training; we went in circles around the service road of JFK Airport all Permits were prioritized for the training and then the people with CDLs followed.  I was able to knock both buses out in 3 hours, then it was a boring day of riding in circles.

Thursday was a Jamaica Depot report, at 8:30 am (if you had your CDL [Me]) and if you didn't it was a 06:00 Report to Eastchester (If you passed on day 7), we got the New Flyer and Nova again and made our way to Manhattan 125/Lex.  People who didn't get to drive the day before were qualified on the drive over the 125th [we switch operators multiple times].  Once we got to 125th, we parked up and waited for anyone who didn't pass on day 7 (Today was the next qualification day) and once they passed they were put into the Nova and New Flyer and drove a few more city blocks. Since I knocked out both buses already I spent most of the day in the swing room at 125.  Then we went back to Jamaica and we are now off for our RDOs.  Maybe someone with a permit can shed some light on what happened at Eastchester.

Sunday is a 08:00 report time to Zerega for HR stuff (for everyone permits and CDLs) and we were specifically told not to enter the building early because of the New Hire class and social distancing.

17 hours ago, Natalie said:

@luiggi0102 @Ramirez1523 how is Equipment training going? Did any of your supt’s mention anything about the layoffs?

I left out when I asked my Supt about lay offs he said they are to short to lay off and that "The MTA knows what it is doing" but only time will tell, He said they are short in OA,TA, and MTA Bus so we will see.......

@lornaevo Worst case scenario maybe you can shed some light on recall rights?  I have yet to see anything in any of the paperwork we have been given 

1 hour ago, Ramirez1523 said:

I left out when I asked my Supt about lay offs he said they are to short to lay off and that "The MTA knows what it is doing" but only time will tell, He said they are short in OA,TA, and MTA Bus so we will see.......

@lornaevo Worst case scenario maybe you can shed some light on recall rights?  I have yet to see anything in any of the paperwork we have been given 

Yeah, I think they are bluffing about the lay offs but figured I’d mention it. They are super short. At my Depot, since I clear early afternoons there is usually extra work available. We are down every day. I suggest you do your research about depots for pick day. You may have an option to pick a depot. So do your research as to which you may like to end up at just in case. 

On 8/27/2020 at 10:33 AM, Natalie said:

@lornaevo my neighbor works at Livingston and she told me a few weeks ago that she was looking for another job because she was getting laid off. She told me not bus operators though. So It sounds like they are just cutting back on clerical. 

Our union day is going to be sometime next week that’s when we will get the details . 

I just passed medical myself this morning and lady told me I might be in the 9/13 class. Was 4 other guys there but nobody overweight, I’m pretty sure they passed as well. Will wait for the email when to show up to take pictures for ID and do the fingerprints. 

3 hours ago, mertd93 said:

I just passed medical myself this morning and lady told me I might be in the 9/13 class. Was 4 other guys there but nobody overweight, I’m pretty sure they passed as well. Will wait for the email when to show up to take pictures for ID and do the fingerprints. 

How come they said you might be in the 9/13 class? what did you do today?

3 hours ago, bkborn said:

How come they said you might be in the 9/13 class? what did you do today?

I first did urine test in the morning followed by hearing, height/weight, blood pressure, ekg, vision and then after the doctor cleared me wit the passing paper they made me do a 2nd urine test. After that I went back to window 3 and lady said I’ll be on the 9/13 class but in case it’s full might be the October class but then they’ll make me do urine test again. 

1 minute ago, mertd93 said:

After that I went back to window 3 and lady said I’ll be on the 9/13 class but in case it’s full might be the October class but then they’ll make me do urine test again. 

Interesting...please keep us posted!!

You know it is official to be in the next class if you continue on to the next step which is fingerprint and photo after your medical. Otherwise, you will be told to wait for an email to come back for fingerprints.

i saw it happened to the guy in front of me and was asked to come back while they were processing my papers to be set for the next class 09/13.  

10 hours ago, Biggington said:

I am doing the same on Monday. When do they give you the official word on when to show up for your class? How many days ahead of time?

They didn’t say exactly how many days in advance, looks like me and this other guy in front of me kind of got played, will just wait patiently for that email. I though the same that we would do fingerprints yesterday, that’s what the email said to bring in all that paperwork and money order but then they switched it to medical.