MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet (if you need it). The CPD-B booklet is not necessary since this is not a civil service position.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

Good luck!

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Natalie said:

Thanks for that advise and trust me, anything else please feel more than free to add because it is a lot!!! 

Based on what you went through so far, what would you say about the handouts? I know that if it wasn't for these "handouts," two people who I met in person off of this website would have had a lot more difficulty during the 10-Day training session.

34 minutes ago, Biggington said:

What’s the thing people struggle with the most during training? Driving? Pre trip? A certain driving maneuver?

im trying to study my pre trip the best I can before training starts. I only have a permit.

Besides looking at the last two images of the "handouts," have you looked at all of the YouTube videos in this thread? Don't forget about the video that I posted in the second post of that thread/topic.

@+Young+ honestly I haven’t looked at the handout much but I did skim through it. When my superintendent started doing the pre trip and air break test I just recorded the whole thing in my phone and went home and studied it. That way you will know exactly what he wants his students to say.

37 minutes ago, Natalie said:

@+Young+ honestly I haven’t looked at the handout much but I did skim through it. When my superintendent started doing the pre trip and air break test I just recorded the whole thing in my phone and went home and studied it. That way you will know exactly what he wants his students to say.

Oh that’s great I didn’t know if they would allow such a thing. 

On 9/8/2020 at 8:52 PM, Natalie said:

When’s day 7?

Just now, Natalie said:

@lornaevo today is day 7 and my whole class passed!!! Tomorrow we have to go to a depot in queens to train on some more buses or something!

Congrats ! That’s going to be the easiest 2 days of your career with mta lol . After that you have to go back to zerega and pick your depot 

8 hours ago, Natalie said:

@luiggi0102 how is line training. Will I be driving the bus or just sitting and learning the routes?

Congratulations on qualifying. Are you heading to Jamaica depot? There’s no parking so get there early. For line training you will be driving. It’s mandatory. The line trainer will probably do the first and last trip. You will most likely do everything else. For equipment training you will be doing laps around the airport. It’s a fun two days. 

53 minutes ago, Biggington said:

Congrats! @Natalie !

Another question... Since I only have my CDL, I still technically have to take a road test, which is separate from qualifying during the 10 day training right? How many chances do we get to pass the road test?

Did you mean you only have your permit? If so, yes you are required to take a road test. If you qualify on day 7 you get 2 chances at the road test. If you qualify after that. It’s only one chance. 

1 hour ago, lornaevo said:

Did you mean you only have your permit? If so, yes you are required to take a road test. If you qualify on day 7 you get 2 chances at the road test. If you qualify after that. It’s only one chance. 

What must you do during qualifying vs what you need to do on your road test?

On 9/8/2020 at 8:09 PM, Natalie said:

@lornaevo His name is Bosco. He’s good. 

That's funny I just had him today!

My group at JGL just got articulated trained today, honestly felt easier turning then a 40 ft bus!  I did feel like the pull in procedures were a little awkward to angle the bus!

@Natalie Congrats on the day 7 pass!! Let us know where you land!

11 hours ago, Natalie said:

@mertd93 hey yes, day 7 was yesterday and my whole class qualified. They sent me to queens village depot today to train on the nova bus and new flyer bus at jfk airport. So far so good. How are things for you? Where are you at in this process again? 

Wow big congrats!!! I’m just starting the  9/13 class haha,  how fast do you get the hand of it, day 3 or 4? I know it varies from person to person of course. 

11 hours ago, Natalie said:

@mertd93i took me until day 4 lol. Days 2 and 3 I got unsatisfactory. But DONT let that discourage you. Like my supt. Said, he is not looking for perfection. Good luck! 

That’s so true. They are looking for improvements from day 1-7. No way bear perfection. As I’ve stated before I drove commercial vehicles for years before doing mta and they didn’t care what experience I had. They wanted to see improvements and that I was able to drive their way. 

7 hours ago, Biggington said:

Excited to report for my first day at zerega tomorrow! What time would be best to arrive for someone driving in? I know I’ve heard parking can be difficult. 

Parking is difficult when school is in session as there are many school buses companies in the vicinity of Zerega. So tomorrow may not be so difficult to find parking.