MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet (if you need it). The CPD-B booklet is not necessary since this is not a civil service position.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

Good luck!

5 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Day 7 is up to the Superintendent (just like Day 1), however chances are it will not be in Manhattan. Only Days 5 and 6 are in Manhattan.

However, Day 7 will consist of the pre-trip inspection. If you need help preparing for this, click here. The last two images contain the "checkoff" list, and a few of the other images will help you with the pre-trip as well.

Good luck!!

+young+ does anyone who has there CDL License have to do the Pre-trip on Day 7 or its only for the people who have their CDL Permits? Thanks in advance!

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, train1290 said:

+young+ does anyone who has there CDL License have to do the Pre-trip on Day 7 or its only for the people who have their CDL Permits? Thanks in advance!

The last time I went through the training was over 6 1/2 years ago, therefore I'm going to preferably let someone else who recently went through the training answer the question.

My apologies for not answering your question, I just want to be as accurate as possible.

2 hours ago, +Young+ said:

The last time I went through the training was over 6 1/2 years ago, therefore I'm going to preferably let someone else who recently went through the training answer the question.

My apologies for not answering your question, I just want to be as accurate as possible.

Thats fine. 

8 hours ago, train1290 said:

It's up to the discretion of the superintendent. It is part of your 10 day training, so you're expected to know it. Some supts will ask for an abbreviated version and some won't ask at all to save time.

@train1290 yes. Even people that has their CDL has to do the pre-trip. But you only have to do it for your supt. That is training you.  And you def want him to know that you know what you are talking about since they are the ones that pass us. The good thing for people with their Cdl’s is that once you pass the 7-10 day training then you’re in , but those that doesn’t have it has to go to Eastchester depot to study for their road test. 

20 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Day 7 is up to the Superintendent (just like Day 1), however chances are it will not be in Manhattan. Only Days 5 and 6 are in Manhattan.

However, Day 7 will consist of the pre-trip inspection. If you need help preparing for this, click here. The last two images contain the "checkoff" list, and a few of the other images will help you with the pre-trip as well.

Good luck!!

Thanks Young, ended up being the same route as day 6, super said day 6 was pretty much a pretty test so if you did good that day you would pass on day 7. 

9 hours ago, Marlien said:
10 hours ago, train1290 said:

Question? Nobody know when is the next class, i did my drug test like  a month ago but I still waiting for a medical, when I call livington nobody can tell me  exactly what number they go , I feel frustrated 🙁

Next class is towards the end of October. You will have to take your drug test again, they are only good for 30 days, medicals are good for 90. 

2 hours ago, mertd93 said:

Thanks Young, ended up being the same route as day 6, super said day 6 was pretty much a pretty test so if you did good that day you would pass on day 7. 

You're welcome.

1 hour ago, bkborn said:

Next class is towards the end of October. You will have to take your drug test again, they are only good for 30 days, medicals are good for 90. 

I just want to emphasize 30 calendar days for the drug (urine) test and 90 calendar days for the medical.

On 9/21/2020 at 2:34 PM, +Young+ said:

Good luck!!

I qualified on day 7 today!! Can’t believe how far I came from day 1. I was panicking after day 1 and I felt ready by day 7!

to share my experience with the training, my instructor Steve Lella was fantastic. He can be tough the first few days but if you follow his instructions he really does a great job and makes you feel comfortable in the drivers seat. Kiss the mirror!!!

for us on day 7, we drove the same course we drove on day 6, with no changes. It wasn’t until day 6 that I finally had a day that received all satisfactory feedback. Very easy in my eyes, but has its challenges and unpredictable obstacles for sure. Focus, take your time, and forward plan! Lots of people are passing this time around and I wish everyone the best of luck in our future with the MTA!

25 minutes ago, Biggington said:

I qualified on day 7 today!! Can’t believe how far I came from day 1. I was panicking after day 1 and I felt ready by day 7!

to share my experience with the training, my instructor Steve Lella was fantastic. He can be tough the first few days but if you follow his instructions he really does a great job and makes you feel comfortable in the drivers seat. Kiss the mirror!!!

for us on day 7, we drove the same course we drove on day 6, with no changes. It wasn’t until day 6 that I finally had a day that received all satisfactory feedback. Very easy in my eyes, but has its challenges and unpredictable obstacles for sure. Focus, take your time, and forward plan! Lots of people are passing this time around and I wish everyone the best of luck in our future with the MTA!

Congratulations on qualifying. Do you have your CDL? Are you heading to Jamaica for Equipment training tomorrow?

12 minutes ago, lornaevo said:

Congratulations on qualifying. Do you have your CDL? Are you heading to Jamaica for Equipment training tomorrow?

Nope I have a permit. I know I still have to pass the road test but happy to get through the first step. I’m glad I get a second try and the road test. 

tomorrow I report to Queens Village for equipment training! 

51 minutes ago, Biggington said:

Nope I have a permit. I know I still have to pass the road test but happy to get through the first step. I’m glad I get a second try and the road test. 

51 minutes ago, Biggington said:

Equipment training is easy. Good Luck on your road test.

I want to report that I passed as well today on day 7, very excited and was easier than I thought. By day 4 in Brooklyn area training I already had it down, when we went to upper East/west side Manhattan on Sunday day it was actually easier thank Brooklyn since there wasn’t much traffic. 

And then downtown from 34 and Lexington to union square area was fairly easy as well, no crazy turns or anything. Was a little bit harder as traffic was building up but again like the pro’s here advised us to go slow and this gives you time to react, keep your eyes on the mirrors like glue and you’re good. Congrats to all that passed and good luck. I guess we’ll see each other tomorrow at queens village. 

4 hours ago, Biggington said:

congrats your road test will be a piece of cake. 

3 hours ago, lornaevo said:

Equipment training is easy. Good Luck on your road test.

what does the equipment training consist of?

22 minutes ago, bkborn said:

Thank you all. I am worried about the damn detailed part of the pre trip for my road test. I am glad that being a day 7 qualifier that I get a second shot at it if I screw up anything on it. 

I am told tomorrow we are practicing on novas and new flyer buses. Should be fun but I was told we won’t be driving much which I won’t complain about right now! Lol such a relief to get the first phase over with!

42 minutes ago, bkborn said:

Equipment training is just training on new flyer and nova. You will only be driving for a few minutes as there will be a lot of people needing to drive 

32 minutes ago, Br00klynHappiness said:

Hi everyone,

Just curious on how long the training days are.. Are you guys there from 7am-5pm? 

From what I’ve been told the first 10 days have been changed to 6-2 pm, but 7-3 pm on sundays with Friday and Saturday off. Definitely makes the course easier with the early start time also!