MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet (if you need it). The CPD-B booklet is not necessary since this is not a civil service position.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

Good luck!

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To everyone that passed the 7 day class and went back to zerega. The paper they gave us that states our starting salary and bsc number, did you notice there is a step up salary? Does anyone know what or when that is? After graduation does our salary remain the same?

16 minutes ago, Natalie said:

To everyone that passed the 7 day class and went back to zerega. The paper they gave us that states our starting salary and bsc number, did you notice there is a step up salary? Does anyone know what or when that is? After graduation does our salary remain the same?

No I don’t know anything about that. I just got my first check today. 

2 hours ago, Natalie said:

To everyone that passed the 7 day class...

@Natalie, the other day I sent you a Private Message (PM). If you can send me a reply when you get a chance, I would appreciate it.

(In the event you cannot find your Private Message inbox, look at the top right hand side of the webpage and/or screen and click on the round "speech bubble" icon.)

Thanks!!

On 9/21/2020 at 1:40 PM, mertd93 said:
On 9/11/2020 at 1:03 PM, Natalie said:

It’s been quiet here lately, everyone is busy on their driving looks like. 

I just finished day 6 here and things are going very good for me. Looking forward to day 7 tomorrow. 

I wonder if we will do the same route as we did today in Manhattan starting from 34 and Lexington ave. Can anyone chime in?

If my training serves any indication day 7 should roughly be in the same areas you probably did your days 1-3 in- just without any instructions other than turns and servicing bus stops

6 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

If my training serves any indication day 7 should roughly be in the same areas you probably did your days 1-3 in- just without any instructions other than turns and servicing bus stops

my class is the most recent to finish and day 6 was in the same area as day 7. Days 1-3 aren’t in the same area for everyone. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 4:42 PM, lornaevo said:

I’m curious about that as well

On 10/19/2020 at 1:23 PM, luiggi0102 said:

Is there any links in this forums with more information/details on dispatcher and superintendent Pay and duties?

Surface Line Dispatchers: at Assignment Level I, under general supervision, assign Bus Operators to their runs; direct the dispatch and movement of buses within their assigned sector; handle unusual occurrences in service; determine ways to minimize delays; see to the observance of rules and procedures pertaining to bus operations; investigate accidents, unusual occurrences and operational equipment failures; ensure revenue security; keep time records; use computers and handheld electronic devices; prepare reports; and perform related work.

Salary/Pay: The current minimum salary for Dispatcher (Surface Transportation) is $76,723 per annum. This rate is subject to change. There are two assignment levels within this class of positions. Promotions will be made to Assignment Level I. After promotion, employees may be assigned to the higher assignment level at the discretion of MTA New York City Transit.

** Roughly $40.00 an hour and is based on 80 hours Bi-weekly and that's not adding any overtime. Top pay is roughly $47 an hour but is subjected to change due to contract renewal.

Dispatchers positions : 19A Safety and Training Dispatchers, Command Center dispatchers, Road Operations Dispatchers, Depot Operations dispatchers                                                                                                                           

** In other words, Dispatchers are field supervisors for bus operators and help enforce MTA rules and regulation within the department of buses. 

** In order to become a Surface Line Dispatcher, You must have 3 years of service as a bus operator and take a promotional exam.

Superintendents are salaried managerial ranks in MTA fields operations where the salary/pay varies on the department and levels. The starting entry pay depending on the position and department can start from $99k to 160K a year.

The different positions and rank within department of buses are: 19A Safety and Training / Accident & Incidents Investigator, Road Operations, Depot operations, Operations Planning, Commend Center Operations.

Each ranks are broken down into levels. ((Superintendents, Assist General Superintendents, General Superintendents)) 

** Promotion to Superintendent role in Department of Buses, You must be a dispatcher for 3 years first. But now 2020, You can skip from being a dispatcher role and jump right into a Superintendent based on past managerial role experience with great resume background. But its easier as a dispatcher to get promoted into Superintendent role.

On top of Superintendents ranks are:  Borough Gen Managers, Assist Gen Manager of Road operations, Commend Center Gen Managers,  Depots Assist Gen Managers.

And finally corporate executive management levels which are Vice presidents , Presidents and CEO/Chairman. 

Hope that helps 🙂 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Natalie said:

Hey, it’s been a minute. How is everyone doing. Is anyone else worried about being laid off? I hope all you guys are doing great!!!

How’s it going? How was line training? Which depot did you end up at? I’m not worried about being laid off as they are still hiring. So I am not too worried. 

7 hours ago, Natalie said:

Hey, it’s been a minute. How is everyone doing. Is anyone else worried about being laid off? I hope all you guys are doing great!!!

Hey Natalie, I am at ulmer park and I have had some operators during line training mention the name Natalie so I realized they were mentioning you! I am 2 weeks out of line training and loving it so far. Yes I am worried about getting laid off but it’s out of our hands now, I was just happy to be able to stay at UP when it came time to pick. How are you doing? You were able to transfer to the Bronx?

Edited by Biggington

@Biggington oh wow yes I got my transfer to the Bronx about 3 weeks ago. I loved it in Ulmer park, the routes are great compared to the Bronx lol. But I’m getting used to the Bronx now and I love that I’m only 10 minutes from Home. The people in Ulmer park are great and I truly miss them everyone was so helpful. They mentioned me??? Awwww I hope they miss me too! The good thing is that if we do get laid off, I think we will def get rehired. Good you got to stay in UP, are you on the extra list?

9 minutes ago, Natalie said:

@Biggington oh wow yes I got my transfer to the Bronx about 3 weeks ago. I loved it in Ulmer park, the routes are great compared to the Bronx lol. But I’m getting used to the Bronx now and I love that I’m only 10 minutes from Home. The people in Ulmer park are great and I truly miss them everyone was so helpful. They mentioned me??? Awwww I hope they miss me too! The good thing is that if we do get laid off, I think we will def get rehired. Good you got to stay in UP, are you on the extra list?

Yes I am on the extra list. When it was my turn to pick there were only 3 spots left in the depot so I just made it. I live on Staten Island so working close to home really makes life easier. What depot did you end up going to?

As far as layoffs are concerned I am a little relieved that if we get laid off that we will have a chance to come back but I’ve heard it takes years. I am praying we don’t though but can’t let that distract us from getting through our probation. 

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Natalie said:

Hi @Biggington how is it going at Ulmer park? Hopefully you got to stay and didn’t get bumped out 

Hey @Natalie I’m doing great at Ulmer Park. Been getting a good schedule lately on the extra list so I can’t complain. They even offered me to be off on Christmas which I didn’t expect for a newbie. I wound up working though.... 

Only issue is I think I may have gotten a red light ticket as I was pulling out of a bus stop on the B6 but hopefully not. The sun was bright from behind me so I couldn’t see too well :(

How are you doing at Gun Hill? Staying there for next year? 

@Biggington that’s great! The union in Ulmer park is great Rhonda and Drew are the best. I’m happy you were able to stay. I think I got a few red tickets lol but I hope not. You should be good, Ulmer park is so lenient and even the boss is nice. Gunhill is going good. The only thing I like better about it is that it’s closer to home. I’m used to it now but at first I was regretting leaving Ulmer park. I just want probation to hurry up and be OVER!  Everyone has been quiet in this forum lately.