MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet (if you need it). The CPD-B booklet is not necessary since this is not a civil service position.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

Good luck!

My birthday passed in October and in November I had a 19-A ride from the dispatcher in my depot. He told me he was doing that with me so I know it wasn’t my probie ride. When I had my probie ride on Tuesday the Supt introduced himself and said “this is your ride”

I get making ada announcements a priority but having that be an automatic extension is bs! 

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

@Myrv really? So We all shouldn’t, that’s bs. And I’m sure we won’t even get paid for it. She wanted me to come tomorrow but I told her I had to report tomorrow for my tour so she is supposed to be sending me an email. Did you work out with them when you are going? 

I was scheduled to go Friday but I was working so I couldn’t go. Not gonna go Monday either so not sure what I’m gonna do about that. 

Ever since this new pick with the school closed schedule my pockets been hurting! Last couple of weeks been on report a lot and usually wind up sitting the whole night. A good thing for probation but bad for the paycheck. How about you @Natalie

@Biggington yes that’s a great thing for probation, I would love that. I picked floater and it only pays 46 hours. I wanted something with less hours as possible to help me make it off probation. I’m scheduled to go to Livingston tomorrow so I’ll probably keep the appointment since my depot pushed back my hours. You can always put in foe work on your rdo’s

2 hours ago, Natalie said:

@Biggington yes that’s a great thing for probation, I would love that. I picked floater and it only pays 46 hours. I wanted something with less hours as possible to help me make it off probation. I’m scheduled to go to Livingston tomorrow so I’ll probably keep the appointment since my depot pushed back my hours. You can always put in foe work on your rdo’s

Hi guys, I know I wasn’t part of your groups but I just wanted to chime in for a sec. Don’t get too caught on on the money right now. Just focus on clearing probation. I just cleared probation and with the raise and the OT, the money will add up quickly. I did 80 hours last week. But during probation I barely did 40 per week. Take it easy and enjoy as much time as you can off the bus. 

8 hours ago, lornaevo said:

Hi guys, I know I wasn’t part of your groups but I just wanted to chime in for a sec. Don’t get too caught on on the money right now. Just focus on clearing probation. I just cleared probation and with the raise and the OT, the money will add up quickly. I did 80 hours last week. But during probation I barely did 40 per week. Take it easy and enjoy as much time as you can off the bus. 

Yeah you are totally right I am not really that upset about the money because this is what I was expecting but I had a good stretch from after graduation to the start of this pick that I was making pretty good hours for someone I’m my position. Soon I’ll start doing COVID cleaning on my RDO to make some extra money. Congrats on finishing probation!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello good evening guys, I called MTA today out of curiosity because I was wondering if they were still hiring off this list. My list number is 9xx. I was told that they were in the list number of 2xxx which would mean that I got skipped. The representative told me that could be a clerical error and I should call tomorrow to speak to the hiring manager. Has this ever happened to anyone else? 

13 hours ago, Shayc10 said:

Hello good evening guys, I called MTA today out of curiosity because I was wondering if they were still hiring off this list. My list number is 9xx. I was told that they were in the list number of 2xxx which would mean that I got skipped. The representative told me that could be a clerical error and I should call tomorrow to speak to the hiring manager. Has this ever happened to anyone else? 

Happens more than it doesn't. Call them, they'll get you sorted.