MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet (if you need it). The CPD-B booklet is not necessary since this is not a civil service position.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

Good luck!

14 hours ago, Shayc10 said:

Hello good evening guys, I called MTA today out of curiosity because I was wondering if they were still hiring off this list. My list number is 9xx. I was told that they were in the list number of 2xxx which would mean that I got skipped. The representative told me that could be a clerical error and I should call tomorrow to speak to the hiring manager. Has this ever happened to anyone else? 

If you're still unsuccessful after initially calling them, just let me know and I'll share some phone numbers of the "higher ups" who can hopefully rectify this issue on your behalf.

Good luck and keep us posted!!

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, +Young+ said:

If you're still unsuccessful after initially calling them, just let me know and I'll share some phone numbers of the "higher ups" who can hopefully rectify this issue on your behalf.

Good luck and keep us posted!!

I would appreciate the phone numbers please. I called today and spoke with a rep named Kevin and he told me I should be receiving an email today and still nothing. 

15 hours ago, Shayc10 said:

I would appreciate the phone numbers please. I called today and spoke with a rep named Kevin and he told me I should be receiving an email today and still nothing. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they said that to you just to get you off the phone as soon as possible. Before I give you the phone numbers, I would encourage you to read this, this and this post. These posts should say something to begin with.

As far as the phone numbers are concerned, I would encourage you to reach out to the following people:

-Ms. Emma Marie Rivera, Manager of Employment Operations and the Executive Vice President of Human Resources (click here for her information)

-Ms. Patricia A. Lodge, the Vice President of Human Resources (see the image below)

-The Office of the (Interim) President, located out of 2 Broadway, at 646-252-5800.

If all of these fail, I would encourage you to use the address at the bottom of this webpage to send a formal letter to Governor Cuomo in Albany about what you experienced with this "State" agency. If you do, I would definitely include "Kevin," so they can investigate what really happened with your case.

Good luck!!

VP Lodge Business Card.jpg

Any new classes going in from this list? An operator I work with that was already hired got another canvassing email looking to hire him a second time lol. 

Hope things are well with the rest of the probies on this forum. Everything’s been well for myself so I’m lucky so far. Enjoying the job every day!

• 2 weeks later...

i  was suppose to be in the feb 28th class but the medical hold tripped that up for me. i  have since been cleared but haven't heard anything from transit in regards to a new class . i  emailed and called ruby robinson and haven't heard back from her . it's going on a month what should i  do at this point ?

1 hour ago, burry said:

i  was suppose to be in the feb 28th class but the medical hold tripped that up for me. i  have since been cleared but haven't heard anything from transit in regards to a new class . i  emailed and called ruby robinson and haven't heard back from her . it's going on a month what should i  do at this point ?

Have you tried reaching out to the "higher ups" which I mentioned in an earlier post on this specific webpage?

If that fails, let me know and I'll offer more suggestions.

Good luck!!

15 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Have you tried reaching out to the "higher ups" which I mentioned in an earlier post on this specific webpage?

If that fails, let me know and I'll offer more suggestions.

Good luck!!

no i  haven't but is there any particular order as to who i should reach out to first ?

6 hours ago, burry said:

no i  haven't but is there any particular order as to who i should reach out to first ?

I would reach out to Ms. Rivera first, followed by Ms. Lodge, followed by the Office of the (Interim) President, followed by their Corporate Office Phone Number (212-878-7000).

Good luck!!

On 3/23/2021 at 10:19 AM, +Young+ said:

I would reach out to Ms. Rivera first, followed by Ms. Lodge, followed by the Office of the (Interim) President, followed by their Corporate Office Phone Number (212-878-7000).

Good luck!!

thank you very much for the info

On 3/30/2021 at 2:14 AM, Natalie said:

@lornaevo it went good. He let me know he was giving me a ride. How many have you had so far?

Probation is over thank God. I had an undercover ride however. I didn’t even know he was on my bus until I pulled into my last stop. After the passengers were off the bus he came up and introduced himself and told me I did well. He only mentioned that I can’t drive with the jacket I had on as it wasn’t Authority issued. 

12 hours ago, lornaevo said:

Probation is over thank God. I had an undercover ride however. I didn’t even know he was on my bus until I pulled into my last stop. After the passengers were off the bus he came up and introduced himself and told me I did well. He only mentioned that I can’t drive with the jacket I had on as it wasn’t Authority issued. 

Congrats!

I got my second probie ride on the B37 (I was still on the list at the time but now hold a run).  I made a road relief and he was already on the bus.  He didn't say anything when he got off either, he called me on the radio during my 2nd trip and told me I had a good ride, and asked for the F/B info.  It was my 6 month ride even though its almost my 8th month.  A few senior people I talked to said I might only get 1 more ride because there backed up, they said to expect it somewhere in the last two weeks of probation.  Either way I'm going to stay on my game and keep and eye out.  

I don't know how other people feel but I feel like my probation has gotten harder from like 6 months on.  Mostly costumer issues; sleeping passengers requiring supervision to come out, had a super elevated race issue another night between two pax, amongst other things, but hey all part of the job :)

23 hours ago, Ramirez1523 said:

I got my second probie ride on the B37 (I was still on the list at the time but now hold a run).  I made a road relief and he was already on the bus.  He didn't say anything when he got off either, he called me on the radio during my 2nd trip and told me I had a good ride, and asked for the F/B info.  It was my 6 month ride even though its almost my 8th month.  A few senior people I talked to said I might only get 1 more ride because there backed up, they said to expect it somewhere in the last two weeks of probation.  Either way I'm going to stay on my game and keep and eye out.  

I don't know how other people feel but I feel like my probation has gotten harder from like 6 months on.  Mostly costumer issues; sleeping passengers requiring supervision to come out, had a super elevated race issue another night between two pax, amongst other things, but hey all part of the job :)

Ah, a fellow Gleason op! 

Trust me when I say it was rougher before the pandemic and things were running as usual. I've had to call an ambulance on a homeless person, had to deal with a guy who blocked my bus cause he missed the stop all in my first year. I still can't believe I survived the last 7 months of probation on that B43.

You may or may not get a third ride, I got my first ride 3 months in to the date and my second during my eighth month. I was on the lookout during my eleventh month and before I knew it I'm signing the last evaluation form. Just watch yourself as usual.