MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet (if you need it). The CPD-B booklet is not necessary since this is not a civil service position.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

Good luck!

Hey everyone, I just had my second probie ride yesterday. As the superintendent was getting on my bus I recognized him from eastchester. He was undercover and wasn’t going to introduce himself but I looked at him and said hello and then he gave me a look and said drive safe! I made sure I drove extra carefully and everything went well. He was on for a while, all the way to the end of the line. So glad it’s over with especially since this ride was undercover!

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Hello, don't mean to be impatient, but is the last list that's being currently called for MaBSTOA before they start moving onto #1100?

That's correct. If you look at the image below, which came from this website after clicking on "Bus Operator," you will see that this is the last list before they move onto Exam #1100.

Good luck!!

MaBSTOA_print_screen.jpg

Hi, 

I have been calling the employment center a few times now and have gotten through to them but I seem to get a run around.

I am on exam 7105. I put it on hold because of school but now am looking to work. I spoke to someone just last week who told me to look for an email within the hour (that was about ten days ago). He said if not within the hour, then during the week in the coming days. I still have not received an email. 

I called again today maybe a total of six times. I was transferred to someone's voicemail who is in charge of hiring. 

I am not sure what else to do. 

Any advice?

I would appreciate it. 

2 hours ago, Spidey1013 said:

Hi,

I have been calling the employment center a few times now and have gotten through to them but I seem to get a run around.

I am on exam 7105. I put it on hold because of school but now am looking to work. I spoke to someone just last week who told me to look for an email within the hour (that was about ten days ago). He said if not within the hour, then during the week in the coming days. I still have not received an email.

I called again today maybe a total of six times. I was transferred to someone's voicemail who is in charge of hiring.

I am not sure what else to do.

Any advice?

I would appreciate it. 

I am not shocked to hear about this, especially since these folks claim that they work for the "City," in which they "don't work too hard" on a regular basis. If you don't believe me, I would encourage you to read this, this and this post.

Anyways, as far as your situation is concerned, have you tried reaching out to the "higher ups," whose information can be viewed here? Hopefully this will do the trick for you.

(I would personally start by calling the Office of the (Interim) President out of 2 Broadway, however that's just me.)

Good luck!!

6 hours ago, Spidey1013 said:

So, I called again today and no reply.

Email address says undeliverable.

Any ideas ?

In addition to the phone numbers that I provided, I would try calling (212) 878 7000, which is the phone number for their Corporate Office, which can be found on this and this webpage (towards the bottom). I would try to call on a regular basis until you speak to someone in person, I would refrain from leaving any messages, however that's just me.

If this fails, the next step, in addition to trying to call the phone numbers I already provided, would be to reach out to Governor Cuomo, using the information provided at the bottom of this webpage. If and when you do this, I would try to be as specific as possible, so hopefully the folks in Albany can get to the "bottom" of your problem and work on a permanent solution as well.

Good luck!!

• 3 weeks later...

well update everyone.... i  ended up in the may 9th training class but it was short lived. i had some pending traffic cases coming up at the end of the year and had to bow out until i  get that fixed in june. You would think that far along in the process they would have checked all of that but i guess not . I  just hope i  didn't miss out on my opportunity to get in because i'm sure at some point they will stop hiring for this exam . 

On 5/19/2021 at 9:59 PM, burry said:

well update everyone.... i  ended up in the may 9th training class but it was short lived. i had some pending traffic cases coming up at the end of the year and had to bow out until i  get that fixed in june. You would think that far along in the process they would have checked all of that but i guess not . I  just hope i  didn't miss out on my opportunity to get in because i'm sure at some point they will stop hiring for this exam . 

Traffic cases? You mean like red light camera tickets or?

Hello everyone hope all the probies on this list are doing well. I’m about 8.5 months on the job and doing well so far. I have been contacted by the dept of sanitation for an opportunity as a sanitation worker. I am conflicted as to what position would be better for me as I am very happy as a BO currently. I was wondering if @+Young+ or anyone else with a way to contact HR for bus operators could give me the contact information. I could be leaving during my probation and I was wondering if that affects my ability to come back as a bus operator if I decide that the DSNY isn’t for me. Also, if anyone has any experience or knowledge about working for the DSNY I would love to hear what you have to say because I don’t know much about the job compared to being a bus operator. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Biggington said:

Hello everyone hope all the probies on this list are doing well. I’m about 8.5 months on the job and doing well so far. I have been contacted by the dept of sanitation for an opportunity as a sanitation worker. I am conflicted as to what position would be better for me as I am very happy as a BO currently. I was wondering if @+Young+ or anyone else with a way to contact HR for bus operators could give me the contact information. I could be leaving during my probation and I was wondering if that affects my ability to come back as a bus operator if I decide that the DSNY isn’t for me. Also, if anyone has any experience or knowledge about working for the DSNY I would love to hear what you have to say because I don’t know much about the job compared to being a bus operator. Thanks!

Take sanitation and never look back.

51 minutes ago, dman1455 said:

Take sanitation and never look back.

That’s what everyone tells me but today it’s cold and raining and I’m chilling on the bus dry and comfortable… I know both sides have their pros and cons but the money is much better in the beginning for DSNY and a big pay cut is gonna be a tough pill to swallow…

3 hours ago, Biggington said:

Hi, what is your list number for the dsny exam if you don't mind sharing

Thank You

11 hours ago, Biggington said:

If you leave during probation there's a 99% chance you will never come back. I know someone who worked a transit job for 5 months and quit due to a medical reason, and they basically told him "yeah, no...".

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

If you leave during probation there's a 99% chance you will never come back. I know someone who worked a transit job for 5 months and quit due to a medical reason, and they basically told him "yeah, no...".

Good luck.

I see… I spoke to my union rep and he told me I can come back within a year, probation or not, if I decide that sanitation isn’t for me. Not that I don’t believe him, but I was looking to confirm that with someone from transit. 

8 minutes ago, Biggington said:

I see… I spoke to my union rep and he told me I can come back within a year, probation or not, if I decide that sanitation isn’t for me. Not that I don’t believe him, but I was looking to confirm that with someone from transit. 

I guess it just depends on who your supervisor is.

1 hour ago, Biggington said:

You can come back within the year. I know someone who went to be a T/O during probation and came back 2 weeks ago. You would have to call DCAS and have your name reinstated on the list and then wait for TA to call you again.

You will have to go through the 10 day training again and you will lose your seniority. 

17 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

You can come back within the year. I know someone who went to be a T/O during probation and came back 2 weeks ago. You would have to call DCAS and have your name reinstated on the list and then wait for TA to call you again.

You will have to go through the 10 day training again and you will lose your seniority. 

I sent you a PM

15 hours ago, Biggington said:

Hello everyone hope all the probies on this list are doing well. I’m about 8.5 months on the job and doing well so far. I have been contacted by the dept of sanitation for an opportunity as a sanitation worker...

A lot of the other members, who currently work for the TA, have already expressed their opinions and/or viewpoints which I'm extremely grateful for.

Personally, you get to you live your life only once, and you want to make the most out of it, which includes being "overall" happy and satisfied at your job, which, hopefully you enjoy doing day in and day out. Therefore, I would do some research, make a chart with the "Pros" and "Cons" of Transit vs. Sanitation, weigh all the facts and take it from there.

Good luck!!

11 hours ago, +Young+ said:

A lot of the other members, who currently work for the TA, have already expressed their opinions and/or viewpoints which I'm extremely grateful for.

Personally, you get to you live your life only once, and you want to make the most out of it, which includes being "overall" happy and satisfied at your job, which, hopefully you enjoy doing day in and day out. Therefore, I would do some research, make a chart with the "Pros" and "Cons" of Transit vs. Sanitation, weigh all the facts and take it from there.

Good luck!!

Thanks. Do you have a number for HR?

On 5/30/2021 at 8:22 PM, Biggington said:

Probationary and Non Probationary Operators are allowed to resign and returned back to their position within (1)one year of calendar. However, if you’re still on probation, you will continue your probationary status requirements from where you left off. Example: You resigned April 1, 2020 and had 6 months to clear probation, On May 25, 2021 you’re reinstated back to your titled position, You probationary status continues where you left off. 

Like @+Young+ stated, do some research and decide from there what will be best for YOU. 

One of my classmate “which some of us still communicate and hang out” was called for Sanitation recently, and he declined the offer because he is currently top pay with NYCT and we’re in the direction to take the next promotional exam. So with his current circumstance, he declined the offer and stayed with NYCT. Plus the current Transit contract is expiring and soon going to face a new contract which most of the time means more $$$.

13 hours ago, Flatbush Operator said:

Probationary and Non Probationary Operators are allowed to resign and returned back to their position within (1)one year of calendar. However, if you’re still on probation, you will continue your probationary status requirements from where you left off. Example: You resigned April 1, 2020 and had 6 months to clear probation, On May 25, 2021 you’re reinstated back to your titled position, You probationary status continues where you left off. 

Like @+Young+ stated, do some research and decide from there what will be best for YOU. 

One of my classmate “which some of us still communicate and hang out” was called for Sanitation recently, and he declined the offer because he is currently top pay with NYCT and we’re in the direction to take the next promotional exam. So with his current circumstance, he declined the offer and stayed with NYCT. Plus the current Transit contract is expiring and soon going to face a new contract which most of the time means more $$$.

Isn't the rule that if you leave, transit doesn't have to give you your job back? Or is that only if your out on disability?