MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet (if you need it). The CPD-B booklet is not necessary since this is not a civil service position.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

Good luck!

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Biggington said:

Hey guys. I’m list number 11XX but I don’t have my permit yet! Any advice for me to fast track this thing? Best studying advice? Anyone struggle with it?

Check out the announcement that is located in the green box at the top of this webpage. Best of all, cristcdl.com is free!! Although they "claim" that you can now select your state, I would still read the manual to be on the safe side. From my experience, I would use the website approximately 75 to 80 percent of the time that you study, and I would read the manual 20 to 25 percent of the time. You might personally disagree, however that's just me.

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+

20 hours ago, Johnny1227 said:

Hey everyone I just have a question, what endorsements do u need to the bus operator position? If anyone can let me know I'll appreciate it thanks

As stated in the green box on the top of the page, the endorsements you need at minimum are Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

1 hour ago, Sjones8293 said:

Hello all I have 5 points and I also have an insurance lapse on my abstract will that Disqualified my application? 

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

Second, unfortunately the answer to your question is "yes."

1 minute ago, Jman92 said:

I received a call and email on Friday to come in on Tuesday for a medical. I Was told to bring a postal money order. Due to today being a holiday the post office is closed, any ideas what other options I have in a situation like this ? 

The only thing I can think of is in between your physical and final processing, you can ask to step out to get the postal money order. If you look at a map, there is a location at 210 Joralemon Street which is a few blocks away from 180 Livingston Street. Just note that to enter the building, you will have to go through a metal detector.

Good luck!!

@KenBKYes, I went last year and got my CDL.  So I have all my ducks in a row =-)  I'm thinking they prob call me by the end of this year or early next year.  I have been seeing a lot of training buses out lately, so hopefully you will be in the next class.  Do you have everything?

@Natalie that would be awesome if I was. I have my permit and the passenger and air brakes and I don’t have anything pending so I should be all set. That’s awesome that you got it! Hopefully you don’t have to wait that long. I don’t think so to be honest. What depot are you hoping for?

1 hour ago, KenBK said:

@Natalie that would be awesome if I was. I have my permit and the passenger and air brakes and I don’t have anything pending so I should be all set. That’s awesome that you got it! Hopefully you don’t have to wait that long. I don’t think so to be honest. What depot are you hoping for?

That’s great so when do you start class ?