Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
+Young+

MaBSTOA B/O Exam #9100

+Young+

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet (if you need it). The CPD-B booklet is not necessary since this is not a civil service position.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com, which is free! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Good luck!!

Message added by +Young+

13 hours ago, Johnny1227 said:

Thank you so much, so they wouldn't disqualify me when I go to the pre-employment interview?

As long as it is not a disqualifying restriction, such as "L" or "N1" or "N2" you should be fine.

In addition, I would encourage you to review the restrictions in the second chart on this DMV webpage. As you can tell, if you are going into training with a permit, you will initially receive a "P" restriction, however, this will be removed once you pass the CDL road test.

23 hours ago, Myrv said:

What’s expected to pass your cdl and part of your first 10 days training. Great review 👍🏼

Yes and no. During the initial 10-day training session, you will not be required to inspect the engine - that is reserved for those who have a permit and will be taking the road test once you pass the 10-day training session.

In addition, if I recall correctly, depending on your Superintendent/Instructor, you will be required to perform the pre-trip on Days 4 and 7. If you are unsuccessful on Day 7, your second qualifying day will be Day 9, which includes no highway driving, no pre-trip, no parallel parking, no backing up, etc. Unless they changed it, click here for the Day 9 route.

In addition, for those of you in the upcoming classes, don't forget about the handouts and this DOB New Hire FAQ.

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+
Addition...
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/27/2020 at 12:48 PM, Shayc10 said:

I got a phone call today stating they will be sending email between today and tomorrow for Medical. 

Did u go in for medical yet ? 

1 hour ago, Shayc10 said:

What was your list number? 

I'm 6x, I was called back in October but had to postpone.

On 2/27/2020 at 10:47 PM, +Young+ said:

As long as it is not a disqualifying restriction, such as "L" or "N1" or "N2" you should be fine.

In addition, I would encourage you to review the restrictions in the second chart on this DMV webpage. As you can tell, if you are going into training with a permit, you will initially receive a "P" restriction, however, this will be removed once you pass the CDL road test.

Yes and no. During the initial 10-day training session, you will not be required to inspect the engine - that is reserved for those who have a permit and will be taking the road test once you pass the 10-day training session.

In addition, if I recall correctly, depending on your Superintendent/Instructor, you will be required to perform the pre-trip on Days 4 and 7. If you are unsuccessful on Day 7, your second qualifying day will be Day 9, which includes no highway driving, no pre-trip, no parallel parking, no backing up, etc. Unless they changed it, click here for the Day 9 route.

In addition, for those of you in the upcoming classes, don't forget about the handouts and this DOB New Hire FAQ.

Good luck!!

I went to my pre-employment today, what's the next step after that wait for a phone call?

14 minutes ago, Sjones8293 said:

Does anyone know the number to the front desk on the 5th floor ?? 

(347) 643 8229/30/31/32.

Good luck!!

3 hours ago, Sjones8293 said:

Thank you I got it 

You're welcome.

So I am assuming everything’s on hold due to the coronavirus. Be safe everyone. 

21 hours ago, Myrv said:

Buses keep rolling. 

23 hours ago, Myrv said:

Who knows, I report to Zerega on Monday lol.

Hope everyone is well, staying safe and healthy during this difficult times. Please take care and May God Bless you and your families.  Be safe !  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

(Red Hook on the Road) Hello Everyone, 

This is @Myrv from Red Hook on the Road. Due to this challenging times as we all confront this pandemic together, we hope that you and your loved ones are healthy and safe by practicing social distancing and doing your best to stay indoors. To all our Alumni's who are currently essential workers we want to thank you for your service during this crisis. We truly appreciate you all. (sentence removed)

(removed)

Stay Safe and Thank You.

Edited by +Young+
Breaking guidelines...