S.I. SIM schedules available on the GTFS site

Dan1

25 minutes ago, Dan1 said:

The info was uploaded on 7/12/2018 and again on 7/13/2018.

SI GTFS zip file

I did a quick download of the 7/12/18 files into MS Access to get a rough idea of what the service will be like. I apologize for any errors as I'm not an IT guy by any means.

SIM routes 08/2018 quick look (pdf)

PITA to read this but better than nothing.  So it looks like off-peak, the current X1 (SIM1C) will run every 15 minutes most of the day? Am I correct?  Where are the other routes at? Seems to be mainly the Hylan Blvd express bus lines.  I can't believe they're only running hourly service to Manhattan still after 18:00 in 2018.  Same damn schedule going back to when I lived on the island.  They can at least do a bus every 30 minutes.

6 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

PITA to read this but better than nothing.  So it looks like off-peak, the current X1 (SIM1C) will run every 15 minutes most of the day? Am I correct?  Where are the other routes at? Seems to be mainly the Hylan Blvd express bus lines.  I can't believe they're only running hourly service to Manhattan still after 18:00 in 2018.  Same damn schedule going back to when I lived on the island.  They can at least do a bus every 30 minutes.

I just did the schedule for the Hylan routes at my local stop and some other items. A quick look, that's all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm. So the MTA has already got schedules for their SIM games that would take effect in 17 days. And from what I’m seeing is that the SIM games #1 will have more frequently service. Whoever is second gets the winning prize

I have to say that I think these are pretty good schedules overall.  They did a good job of providing decent coverage in terms of the spans overall.  The only thing that sucks is Sunday service for the SIM3C.  Otherwise, this is pretty damn good. I just hope they actually fill these trips because if there are tons of missing buses then it won't matter, which has been a big problem of late in general.

20 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I have to say that I think these are pretty good schedules overall.  They did a good job of providing decent coverage in terms of the spans overall.  The only thing that sucks is Sunday service for the SIM3C.  Otherwise, this is pretty damn good. I just hope they actually fill these trips because if there are tons of missing buses then it won't matter, which has been a big problem of late in general.

Sure, for Midtown during rush hour, the SIM3 & SIM10 have long spans. But Arden Heights loses their evening service, Gannon Avenue loses their weekend evening service (and their last couple of trips after midnight), and after 7pm, the SIM4C has ridiculously inadequate service. Also, they took some Midtown buses and rerouted them to bypass Downtown without providing a Downtown alternative. So there's a huge gap (over 90 minutes) between the last SIM34 and the first SIM3C, and a huge gap between the last SIM4 & SIM32 and the first SIM4C.

So basically, if you work Downtown in the evening, they want you to take the ferry. SMH.

20 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Sure, for Midtown during rush hour, the SIM3 & SIM10 have long spans. But Arden Heights loses their evening service, Gannon Avenue loses their weekend evening service (and their last couple of trips after midnight), and after 7pm, the SIM4C has ridiculously inadequate service. Also, they took some Midtown buses and rerouted them to bypass Downtown without providing a Downtown alternative. So there's a huge gap (over 90 minutes) between the last SIM34 and the first SIM3C, and a huge gap between the last SIM4 & SIM32 and the first SIM4C.

So basically, if you work Downtown in the evening, they want you to take the ferry. SMH.

Well you were the one talking about how people can take the subway so now you get your wish. People need to be careful what they wish for. You wanted fewer stops and more routes doing Downtown or Midtown only. You got it. 

These service changes don't pay for themselves and you're the first one to yell about lower fares and free fares. They've been screwing over the North Shore for years now and I suppose it's about time that other areas get a taste of it too since the (MTA) has been bending over backwards for the South Shore.

3 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Well you were the one talking about how people can take the subway so now you get your wish. People need to be careful what they wish for. You wanted fewer stops and more routes doing Downtown or Midtown only. You got it. 

These service changes don't pay for themselves and you're the first one to yell about lower fares and free fares. They've been screwing over the North Shore for years now and I suppose it's about time that other areas get a taste of it too since the (MTA) has been bending over backwards for the South Shore.

Watchogue Road isn't the North Shore? Gannon Avenue isn't the North Shore? Those are the areas getting screwed over by this the most. 

And don't put words in my mouth. I said off-peak, they should focus on serving Downtown. Why? Because geographically, Staten Island is south of Manhattan. Midtown riders can take the subway to reach Downtown and not have it be a whole big detour (I say this as somebody who works in Long Island City and alternates between the X17A & X17J/X30). For Downtown riders to go to Midtown is a backtrack.

56 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Watchogue Road isn't the North Shore? Gannon Avenue isn't the North Shore? Those are the areas getting screwed over by this the most. 

And don't put words in my mouth. I said off-peak, they should focus on serving Downtown. Why? Because geographically, Staten Island is south of Manhattan. Midtown riders can take the subway to reach Downtown and not have it be a whole big detour (I say this as somebody who works in Long Island City and alternates between the X17A & X17J/X30). For Downtown riders to go to Midtown is a backtrack.

Let's not kid each other. Express bus service on Staten Island has been heading further and further south, including on the North Shore. They have cut express bus service on Forest Avenue, forcing people to head further south to get it (often times below the SIE). Gannon is right on the SIE border and Watchogue isn't that far away either from it. I'm inclined to say that the (MTA) is focusing express bus service in the whiter South Shore and I have a problem with it. White folks on the North Shore apparently are dirt and anyone else using the express bus on the North Shore because they all have to travel further south to get service. 

10 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

So basically, if you work Downtown in the evening, they want you to take the ferry drive. SMH.

People are more likely to drive than to take the ferry. Especially in the area around Gannon Ave.

Just now, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

And where did you get such information? That is simply not true especially given the heavy ridership in that corridor.

There's no local bus service that runs on Gannon Ave, Maybe they walk from the S62/92. They prefer the Express bus, but if that's not available to them, they might drive.

1 hour ago, Lil 57 said:

There's no local bus service that runs on Gannon Ave, Maybe they walk from the S62/92. They prefer the Express bus, but if that's not available to them, they might drive.

They prefer to drive alright... To the express bus. I've been dropped off all along Gannon. That's how I know.

11 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Let's not kid each other. Express bus service on Staten Island has been heading further and further south, including on the North Shore. They have cut express bus service on Forest Avenue, forcing people to head further south to get it (often times below the SIE). Gannon is right on the SIE border and Watchogue isn't that far away either from it. I'm inclined to say that the (MTA) is focusing express bus service in the whiter South Shore and I have a problem with it. White folks on the North Shore apparently are dirt and anyone else using the express bus on the North Shore because they all have to travel further south to get service. 

Mariners Harbor is part of the stereotypical North Shore. They had their last Downtown bus pushed back from 8:30pm to 7:00pm. Port Richmond is part of the stereotypical North Shore, and the X10/14 coordinated perfectly at Battery Place to provide continuous service from Downtown. Now there's a huge gap between the last SIM35 at 6:16pm and the first SIM3C of the evening at 8:41pm (and also, the SIM35 times were basically shifted an hour earlier compared to the present-day X14, since they took the Midtown times and copied-and-pasted them Downtown), and that serves your beloved West Brighton.  So don't worry, the far North Shore will continue to get its share of the pain. 

But yeah, great idea, cut service to corridors that serve residents from across the North Shore, and let's force people to flock to the one remaining corridor that doesn't have severe gaps in Downtown service.....Hylan Blvd. After 7pm, the only Downtown bus that runs decently is....you guessed it....the SIM1. SMH, talk about a crab in a barrel. You're so jealous of the better service offered closer to the SIE that you're happy to see it cut, even when many of the people using it are those living up by Forest Avenue. Great, so now people along Gannon & Watchogue are inconvenienced, and on top of that, riders from further north now have an even longer drive to catch a decent express bus. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Lil 57 said:

There's also the S61/91 available for those who live on the south side of the SIE, or in the vicinity of Bradley Avenue. In any case, it is very well possible that some would drive directly to Manhattan (I joined some FB groups talking about these changes and that topic has come up), but what is more likely is that they would drive to an area like Arrochar, or maybe drive to Brooklyn to catch the subway or another express bus (remember that SI residents get a discount on the toll, and an extra $6 may very well be worth it for somebody's comfort).

6 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Mariners Harbor is part of the stereotypical North Shore. They had their last Downtown bus pushed back from 8:30pm to 7:00pm. Port Richmond is part of the stereotypical North Shore, and the X10/14 coordinated perfectly at Battery Place to provide continuous service from Downtown. Now there's a huge gap between the last SIM35 at 6:16pm and the first SIM3C of the evening at 8:41pm (and also, the SIM35 times were basically shifted an hour earlier compared to the present-day X14, since they took the Midtown times and copied-and-pasted them Downtown), and that serves your beloved West Brighton.  So don't worry, the far North Shore will continue to get its share of the pain. 

But yeah, great idea, cut service to corridors that serve residents from across the North Shore, and let's force people to flock to the one remaining corridor that doesn't have severe gaps in Downtown service.....Hylan Blvd. After 7pm, the only Downtown bus that runs decently is....you guessed it....the SIM1. SMH, talk about a crab in a barrel. You're so jealous of the better service offered closer to the SIE that you're happy to see it cut, even when many of the people using it are those living up by Forest Avenue. Great, so now people along Gannon & Watchogue are inconvenienced, and on top of that, riders from further north now have an even longer drive to catch a decent express bus. :rolleyes:

There's also the S61/91 available for those who live on the south side of the SIE, or in the vicinity of Bradley Avenue. In any case, it is very well possible that some would drive directly to Manhattan (I joined some FB groups talking about these changes and that topic has come up), but what is more likely is that they would drive to an area like Arrochar, or maybe drive to Brooklyn to catch the subway or another express bus (remember that SI residents get a discount on the toll, and an extra $6 may very well be worth it for somebody's comfort).

I'm not thrilled (you don't know sarcasm) but it does illustrate my point.

Archived