Temporary M14 SBS, B82 SBS Fall Implementation, Q37 Revisions, Service Enhancements & More.....

Cait Sith

Summary of Changes:

M14 SBS Implementation date: January 6, 2019

• First phase from 10th to 1st Avenues only

B82 SBS Implementation

• Slated for fall, likely during start of fall pick

B17, B65 Off-Peak Improvements

• B65 will operate every 15 minutes instead of every 30 and 20 minutes during midday and evening hours, respectively
  • B65 will operate every 12 minutes throughout the day on weekends instead of every 20 minutes
  • B17 will operate every 8 minutes during midday hours instead of every 15 minutes
  • B17 will operate every 8.5 minutes instead of every 12-15 minutes on weekends
  • All slated for implementation in October

Bx6 Local Artic Conversion, S93 Service Changes

• Bx6 midday and evening service will operate every 12 minutes instead of every 10 minutes
  • S93 will operate every 12 minutes instead of every 15-20 minutes during midday and evening hours
  • All slated for implementation in January 2019

Q22 Service Changes

• 15 EB, 12 WB stops eliminated
  • More short-turns implemented to/from Beach 116 Street
  • Weekday AM peak service will run every 5.5 minutes instead of every 7.5 minutes
  • Weekday Midday service will run every 6.5 minutes instead of every 11 minutes
  • Weekday Evening service will run every 15 minutes instead of every 20 minutes
  • Weekend service will operate every 8-15 minutes instead of every 10-20 minutes

Q37, QM18 Truncation in South Ozone Park (for the Umpteenth Time)

• Service south of the Conduit would be discontinued (Q37)
  • Service truncated to 135th Avenue
  • New Terminal would be 135th Road & 130th Place

Q7 Sunday Afternoon Improvements

• Service will run every 20 minutes instead of every 30 minutes

Well, there goes my plan to extend the Q9 south of Rockaway Blvd since the Q37 will no longer travel south of the Belt. 

The Q22 having short trips in Rockaway Park was bound to happen. The slow methodical plan to make the Q35 the only option west of 116 is coming to fruition.

2 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Summary of Changes:

B82 SBS Implementation

• B65 will operate every 15 minutes instead of every 30 and 20 minutes during midday and evening hours, respectively
  • B65 will operate every 12 minutes throughout the day on weekends instead of every 20 minutes
  • B17 will operate every 8 minutes during midday hours instead of every 15 minutes

• Bx6 midday and evening service will operate every 12 minutes instead of every 10 minutes
  • S93 will operate every 12 minutes instead of every 15-20 minutes during midday and evening hours

Q22 Service Changes

• Weekday AM peak service will run every 5.5 minutes instead of every 7.5 minutes
  • Weekend service will operate every 8-15 minutes instead of every 10-20 minutes

Weren't there plans to have the s93 run on weekends?

2 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

I see that the Bx6 local is going to be converted into an artic route. So does that affect plans for the B35 conversion or no?

I wouldn’t think so. The new XN60s are to help retire the Orion’s and it’s not going to push out any other artics they have. But if it does it would be a bummer. 

2 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Summary of Changes:

B82 SBS Implementation

Good news for Canarsie and Crown Heights customers B17/65/82.. MTA playing nice to East New York.

Hopefully MJQ gets some of the extra dedicated buses for the M14 in time for January.

2 hours ago, Q43LTD said:

The Q22 having short trips in Rockaway Park was bound to happen. The slow methodical plan to make the Q35 the only option west of 116 is coming to fruition.

I remember when people feared over this happening when they announced the Q22/35 open house back in May, myself included. This change may turn up for good or bad (the current configuration of 2 routes can be excessive), but do I feel for many of those west of 116 that may have crippled local bus service down the line, just for the MTA to turn a petty profit. And the excuse being used is that the Q22 is getting an "enhancement", and ridership (which they caused) west of 116 on the 22 is too low. 

13 minutes ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

I remember when people feared over this happening when they announced the Q22/35 open house back in May, myself included. This change may turn up for good or bad (the current configuration of 2 routes can be excessive), but do I feel for many of those west of 116 that may have crippled local bus service down the line, just for the MTA to turn a petty profit. And the excuse being used is that the Q22 is getting an "enhancement", and ridership (which they caused) west of 116 on the 22 is too low. 

The restructuring is going to result in an addition cost of $569,175 per year (not sure why they're so exact now. Normally, they would round it off to $570,000 but I digress)

4 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Summary of Changes:

B82 SBS Implementation

Q22 Service Changes

i wonder if they will expand the the peardegat basin service to all day.

Hopefully that S93 service will run on a consistent 12 minute headway during the whole midday period, in both directions (this is the 3rd or 4th time they claimed they were expanding S93 service, and they only added a few trips here and there). 

And hopefully they reinstate that westbound stop outside of the CSI front gate that was eliminated when the route was first extended in 2013.

Just now, MTA Bus said:

It's interesting that the B82 SBS will only run on weekdays. Kinda defeats the purpose of SBS.

Time to time I rode early Saturday afternoon 82s between Rock Park (L) and Kings Highway (Q) and the ridership was always light. Perhaps 82 ridership is light the whole weekend.

14 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

Time to time I rode early Saturday afternoon 82s between Rock Park (L) and Kings Highway (Q) and the ridership was always light. Perhaps 82 ridership is light the whole weekend.

Then what's the point of giving it SBS if I may ask?

1 minute ago, trainfan22 said:

The B82 is light during the weekends because a lot of the people who take it from Canarise, Flatlands, and Spring Creek mostly drive on the weekends. Same thing with the B41 bergen beach and B100 is light during the weekends. Hopefully in time they'll introduce it over the weekends. But its way better than the limited that only run during rush hour. 

8 hours ago, Q43LTD said:

Well, there goes my plan to extend the Q9 south of Rockaway Blvd since the Q37 will no longer travel south of the Belt. 

I can sense this eventually leading to a Q52 SBS extension to Far Rockaway in the near future. The Q22 will probably end up as that slow infrequent local that no one wants to take anymore.

17 hours ago, Brillant93 said:

The B82 is light during the weekends because a lot of the people who take it from Canarise, Flatlands, and Spring Creek mostly drive on the weekends. Same thing with the B41 bergen beach and B100 is light during the weekends. Hopefully in time they'll introduce it over the weekends. But its way better than the limited that only run during rush hour. 

But if the introduce the B82 SBS on weekends, where will that money come from? The federal government?

Also, since the Bx41 LTD operated during rush hours only before becoming a 7 day SBS route, did people drive during the off peak hours before then?

About the B82 SBS not running on weekends, usually, when I board the B82 from Flatbush/Flatlands Av to Bay Parkway/86 St, the ridership isn't heavy with light traffic. There's 1/2 the people on board with 10 minute headways from 24 Av to Spring Creek Towers. The Limited on weekdays can be full during the rush hour with another one behind (Skips major local stops between Rockaway Parkway and Cropsey Av). 

14 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I can sense this eventually leading to a Q52 SBS extension to Far Rockaway in the near future. The Q22 will probably end up as that slow infrequent local that no one wants to take anymore.

Gotta keep the Q22 as the only route serving the Rockaway Peninsula. The Q35, 52 and 53 can't do it all

20 hours ago, NoHacksJustKhaks said:

You know "service enhancement" means service cut

Just now, Calvin said:

About the B82 SBS not running on weekends, usually, when I board the B82 from Flatbush/Flatlands Av to Bay Parkway/86 St, the ridership isn't heavy. There's 1/2 the people on board with 10 minute headways from 24 Av to Spring Creek Towers. The Limited on weekdays can be full during the rush hour with another one behind. 

Was this the case with the Bx41 before SBS, since it also ran rush hours only?

3 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

But if the introduce the B82 SBS on weekends, where will that money come from? The federal government?

Also, since the Bx41 LTD operated during rush hours only before becoming a 7 day SBS route, did people drive during the off peak hours before then?

I guess they'll have to work it in the budget. 

Speaking of the M14 sbs I thought they were going to keep it after the L train shutdown was completed but now everything is temporary for it. Seemingly I guess they didn't want to keep some treatments on 14th avenue after the construction as promised. 

Archived