Temporary M14 SBS, B82 SBS Fall Implementation, Q37 Revisions, Service Enhancements & More.....

Cait Sith

On 7/20/2018 at 10:30 PM, aemoreira81 said:

I'm actually surprised the Bx6 Local is proposed for articulated conversion as opposed to the Bx36.

I don't think that's changed.

The Bx6 Local is also heavily used. I used to live along it. It will be especially useful when the (2) and (5) are running express in one direction as that's when even more people ride it for alternatives at both Yankee Stadium and Hunts Point Ave.

3 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

I'm really trying to interpret the changes they made with the B82 SBS. However, according to the attachment everything is as is.

Something tells me an October or November roll out of the SBS is going to take place.

The bus lanes will be significantly curtailed.

On 7/21/2018 at 1:40 PM, JeremiahC99 said:

But if the introduce the B82 SBS on weekends, where will that money come from? The federal government?

Also, since the Bx41 LTD operated during rush hours only before becoming a 7 day SBS route, did people drive during the off peak hours before then?

@Brillant93 if you read what is bold, that’s where I said “Since when”.

1 hour ago, FLX9304 said:

@Brillant93 if you read what is bold, that’s where I said “Since when”.

Prior to 2013, the Bx41 LTD operated during rush hours only, similar to the current B82 LTD. When the route became an SBS route on June 30th, 2013, it was expanded to 7-days a week, including weekends, replacing Bx55 service on Webster Avenue and restoring lost weekend limited stop service to the South Bronx North-south corridor.

This is the premise for weekend B82 SBS service, as all other SBS lines have 7-day a week SBS service. There should be absolutely no reason for SBS to be a weekday only service (if that were the case, . If people in Canarsie and Spring Creek are driving at that time, then maybe weekend B82 SBS service should get them out of their cars.

18 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

Prior to 2013, the Bx41 LTD operated during rush hours only, similar to the current B82 LTD. When the route became an SBS route on June 30th, 2013, it was expanded to 7-days a week, including weekends, replacing Bx55 service on Webster Avenue and restoring lost weekend limited stop service to the South Bronx North-south corridor.

This is the premise for weekend B82 SBS service, as all other SBS lines have 7-day a week SBS service. There should be absolutely no reason for SBS to be a weekday only service (if that were the case, . If people in Canarsie and Spring Creek are driving at that time, then maybe weekend B82 SBS service should get them out of their cars.

I agree. I feel that weekday only service is just a back hand to customers who might need to travel. It’s been nearly 10 years since the Ltd service was introduced on the B82 but even still its only just early rush hours. 

16 minutes ago, Brillant93 said:

I agree. I feel that weekday only service is just a back hand to customers who might need to travel. It’s been nearly 10 years since the Ltd service was introduced on the B82 but even still its only just early rush hours. 

Look eventually the B82 will have 7 day service. I cannot see it being a 5 days service and other 2 for local service. Cuz, if that’s the case move the 82 ops to FB and have that depot an all SBS depot similar to what’s done at Quill 😂

57 minutes ago, JeremiahC99 said:

With 5 of them operating 24 hours a day. So if they use a SBS during rush hours or weekdays only, that’s baby stuff to them. 

As for the Bx41 SBS, they should’ve gave it to the Bx55 instead, because, after all, it replaced the 3rd Ave El in the Bronx back in 1973.

2 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

With 5 of them operating 24 hours a day. So if they use a SBS during rush hours or weekdays only, that’s baby stuff to them. 

As for the Bx41 SBS, they should’ve gave it to the Bx55 instead, because, after all, it replaced the 3rd Ave El in the Bronx back in 1973.

They should've never gotten rid of the Bx55; disgusting how that route died a slow death.... But yeah, I concur with the general point (you benefit more people with running an SBS on 3rd than you do on Webster)... Of course, the thing with that is, Webster was much more feasible to implement it on...

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:48 AM, Rafa said:

So no more homeless shelter passengers on the Q37. 

Funny, this was the first thought that came to mind also

(even before BM5's point, regarding the MTA not making up their minds on where the route should  terminate on that end)

5 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

I agree. If they’re going to put an SBS Line duro weekdays only, might as well expand the span of the LIMITED service instead. SBS should be either 7-days-a-week, 24-hours or none at all.

4 hours ago, JeremiahC99 said:

I agree. If they’re going to put an SBS Line duro weekdays only, might as well expand the span of the LIMITED service instead. SBS should be either 7-days-a-week, 24-hours or none at all.

That's overkill. If you're going to run one bus per hour on the SBS and one per hour on the local, you might as well put 2 buses per hour on the local since they fly overnight anyway.

18 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

That's overkill. If you're going to run one bus per hour on the SBS and one per hour on the local, you might as well put 2 buses per hour on the local since they fly overnight anyway.

I was referring to the service span of the SBS. SBS was never made to be rush hour only service. It should be 7-days-a-week or no SBS at all.

Archived