2048 Subway Map

EphraimB

@EphraimB would you mind explaining the logic.operational plan behind your proposals? I am curious as to how/why they'd be implemented -- specifically regarding the (2)(5) to CI, the paucity of stops on the (4) extension, the addition of express service on the Liberty El, and the addition of the same on the Nostrand Ave line.  

2 minutes ago, RR503 said:

@EphraimB would you mind explaining the logic.operational plan behind your proposals? I am curious as to how/why they'd be implemented -- specifically regarding the (2)(5) to CI, the paucity of stops on the (4) extension, the addition of express service on the Liberty El, and the addition of the same on the Nostrand Ave line.  

I saw other proposals of extending the (2)(5) more doen Utica. I decided Coney Island would be a good terminal so people on Nostrand can get to the Brighton, Culver, Sea Beach, and West End Lines. I was thinking of making the (4) Utica Av line like the (T) Second Av line's limited stop because I thought that no one would want all-local service.

13 minutes ago, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

Ok. I like how you added the LGA extension but can you add a few more stops to your Utica plan. Also, do you support deinterlining?

Since the Utica Av line is new at that time, deinterlining should definitely be supported. Do people on Utica Av really want all-local service? Since I couldn't figure out how to get a Utica Av express, I went with the Second Av Subway (T) limited stop approach.

33 minutes ago, Yankees4life said:

It's a little ridiculous suggesting that the (2) And (5) should go to CI via the Ocean :D

Many people at the junction could just take the B6 Limited for the B82 Limited. That's faster and less cost-inducing

It's our new ESI plan bro,

8c4afab15408d9a843e3cff4fb1de710.jpg

33 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

It's our new ESI plan bro,

8c4afab15408d9a843e3cff4fb1de710.jpg

How did you do this?

1 hour ago, Yankees4life said:

It's a little ridiculous suggesting that the (2) And (5) should go to CI via the Ocean :D

Many people at the junction could just take the B6 Limited for the B82 Limited. That's faster and less cost-inducing

The bus is horrible. All that traffic.

Just now, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

Do you have anything in mind to improve our bus network, since that's the case?

The bus should have its own right-of-way. Platforms by every bus stop so it can have an easier time parking by the stop and faster wheelchair boarding. LCD screens on the bus displaying when the next possible stop is. Bus shelters at every bus stop with LCD screens displaying when the next bus is coming. All-door-boarding with turnstiles at all the doors.

17 minutes ago, EphraimB said:

The bus should have its own right-of-way. Platforms by every bus stop so it can have an easier time parking by the stop and faster wheelchair boarding. LCD screens on the bus displaying when the next possible stop is. Bus shelters at every bus stop with LCD screens displaying when the next bus is coming. All-door-boarding with turnstiles at all the doors.

Okay, who the hell is gonna pay for all of this?

Let's face it. The only realistic thing about this map is the SAS getting to 125th by 2048. Everything else is either another unrealized proposal that won't get past the drawing boards e.g. LGA Subway and the L extension  to 10th Avenue (Which I personally think would be better used as relay trackage than another dead-end terminal) or straight up trolling material that you should only find on Reddit. 😐

@EphraimB I'll say one thing, you're persistent. Take that as you will. I'm trying to be understanding here, but this isn't the first time you made a proposal that quite frankly makes no sense. I don't want to pile on to the critiques given above because they've all said what needs to be said. I will say this however; we entertain a number of pie in the sky ideas here, but they have to be grounded in some form of reality, which I'm not seeing here.

Also, going forward, please keep these proposals in the main proposals thread. I'm seeing a trend here and we do not need new threads for every drawing on a napkin idea.

• Lance locked this topic

Archived