Which buses of NYCT/MaBSTOA do you think are more popular ? (Opinions)

King Transit

2 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Not amongst the elderly, they aren't :lol: - by far, it's the O7 low floors.....

I know most transit fans despise the Orion 7 NGs , but I love them and you may prefer the Orion 7 OGs more as I do.

15 hours ago, King Transit said:

I know most transit fans despise the Orion 7 NGs , but I love them and you may prefer the Orion 7 OGs more as I do.

My #1 is actually the old fishbowls.... But if we're talking about current fleet, your OP listed my #1 & #2 (RTS & Xcelsiors, in that order)

I don't particularly hate any fleet, but I'm less gung ho about the orions, compared to the RTS' & Xcelsiors (although I do miss the O5's... somewhat).

eh, I'm just a bus enthusiast through & through, man.

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

My #1 is actually the old fishbowls.... But if we're talking about current fleet, your OP listed my #1 & #2 (RTS & Xcelsiors, in that order)

I don't particularly hate any fleet, but I'm less gung ho about the orions, compared to the RTS' & Xcelsiors (although I do miss the O5's... somewhat).

eh, I'm just a bus enthusiast through & through, man.

Me and my uncle as partners are currently working in an MTA squad(bus supervisors) , and I could tell my uncle's favorite are the RTS'. After 2x , I went to ENY Depot with him(where he was working out of) which are 2009 and 2014 during his years of bus operating b4 switching his position 4 years ago , I rode his bus services with RTS' and I sometimes see his face on his rearview mirror when it comes to the heavy duty power(by series 50 engine) making his bus services a great flow through. So I was telling him that I wish he drive an Xcelsior.

• 2 weeks later...

For current fleet it say RTS than Orion 7 3g (7000-7089) they drive beautiful. Than behind that the CNGs from Gleason 500#s those are pretty smooth too 

Was a fan of the O5s as well but those were gone for about a year and a half now.

18 minutes ago, trife86 said:

For current fleet it say RTS than Orion 7 3g (7000-7089) they drive beautiful. Than behind that the CNGs from Gleason 500#s those are pretty smooth too 

Was a fan of the O5s as well but those were gone for about a year and a half now.

The only thing I missed about the Orion 5s were the ringing exhaust , but the rest aare the design and the headlights , just disgust me.

Historically I would say RTS and Fishbowl tie for #1.

Currently I would say Xcelsior followed by Orion VII

My list would go as follows....

#1 RTS (many elderly ppl actually do like them, they just don't like the steps)

#2 Fishbowl 

#3 Xcelsior CNG and Hybrid

#4 LFS Artic

#5 Orion V

#5 C40LF Gen 2 and Gen 4

#7 Orion VII E10 aka 3G aka 4G

#8 Grumman Flxible and its only #8 because it was short lived.

#9 Orion VII OG

My least favorites.

#1 Orion VI

#2 Orion VII CNG

#3 Xcelsior 7000 series

#4 Orion VII NG

25 minutes ago, East New York said:

Historically I would say RTS and Fishbowl tie for #1.

Currently I would say Xcelsior followed by Orion VII

My list would go as follows....

#1 RTS (many elderly ppl actually do like them, they just don't like the steps)

#2 Fishbowl 

#3 Xcelsior CNG and Hybrid

#4 LFS Artic

#5 Orion V

#5 C40LF Gen 2 and Gen 4

#7 Orion VII E10 aka 3G aka 4G

#8 Grumman Flxible and its only #8 because it was short lived.

#9 Orion VII OG

My least favorites.

#1 Orion VI

#2 Orion VII CNG

#3 Xcelsior 7000 series

#4 Orion VII NG

For me , nothing is better than RTS' and the Xcelsiors(especially the 7000s I love) as the highest valued buses.

• 2 weeks later...

The RTS are great and have a ton of power. Orion V's were pretty awesome too, especially the 400-600 series with the exhaust coming from underneath. I loved the sounds of those boys, along with the Bee-Line Orion Vs. Older CNGs had a nice ring to them too. I mostly miss the older generation buses that all had their own identity by their sound, it made riding NYC buses fun! Now everything is too generic, sound all similar and don't have the power like the older babies. Not to mention these newbies dont save the environment at all like they claim.

Here's my list:

Grew up riding RTS so they'll always be my favorite. 5105-5124 in particular. Still remember 3160 which was modified similar to the 8600-8703 batch. the 8000s were later rebuilt as well..... Really miss those 8400/8500 rebuilds.

Not a fan of the old gen 07's but I like the NG's. Dunno why so much hate.... 05's are ok, some are better than others, but the LIB 396-462 (1633-1699) batch sound the best.  🤤 🤤 Bee-Line 600/700s are pretty good, but the old 400s kinda sucked.

NABI 40-LFW hybrids (bee-line) are nice as well.

While I'm not a big fan of NeoPlans I do like Beeline's 500's.... them DD60 are the sh*t.

Xcelsiors are cool (not those 7000s). Nice has the best XN's, they sound great and have proper full rear doors 'stead of them ugly-ass narrow joints.... I ain't crazy 'bout those CNG NG, they sound weak.

Honestly not a big fan of the LFS solo, but I lean towards the artics. Hate those ugly-ass 06s.... Glad they didn't stay very long. Speaking of BL, their Grumman/Flxibles were dog-slow but they sounded BEAST.

And to finish this out, I HATE ALL THINGS GILLIG. Sorry Hayward.... I. Just. Can't. Stand. Gilligs.

-Fin

• 2 weeks later...

Archived