Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
King Transit

Which buses of NYCT/MaBSTOA do you think are more popular ? (Opinions)

from an operator's perspective, my personal favorite buses to operate are the 86/49/50/51/52xx-series RTS's, the 67/68xx-series Orion 7's (i enjoy operating these buses immensely) the 56xx-series Galaxy New Flyer Artics, the Nova LFS-A's & the Nova LFS's.

from a fanboy perspective, i loved the 70/75xx-series rebuilt '82 RTS's, 3160 (the prototype RTS for the 86xx-series) and the whistling 84xx-series RTS's (BEFORE their engine replacement) 

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 5

On 12/6/2018 at 11:25 PM, josephnyy42 said:

My favorite ones are all that had the DD50 engines. Does anyone remember when the 1000 series 1996 artics had the chrome rims?

They had the alcoa rims since they came in 1996, then by 2000s those risk came off.

On 12/9/2018 at 10:37 AM, King Transit said:

They had the alcoa rims since they came in 1996, then by 2000s those risk came off.

I wonder why. The Bee-Line buses kept them on their AN460s and now the excelsiors

On 12/10/2018 at 5:31 PM, josephnyy42 said:

I wonder why. The Bee-Line buses kept them on their AN460s and now the excelsiors

In the stop and go conditions they would get hot and burst the tires (someone else can correct me if im wrong tho)

Edited by Jdog14

For rigids---the New Flyer Xcelsior...not too short a wheelbase and a smooth ride.

For artics, the Nova LFS with its nearly symmetrical wheelbase (244"/253").

For OTRs, the Prevost X3-45---lower center of gravity and longest wheelbase of any OTR model (335"). It's actually 2 inches lower than the O7 CNG is/was.

On 7/24/2018 at 1:19 PM, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

I like the CNG version of the Orion VII OG. The rest, I don't really care too much about.

Detroit Diesel my friend👍

The guys who are following this topic/watched my vids, I'm creating a topic for bus/train/depot reviews in the section "Bus Photos & Videos" from the home page😉.