New Uniforms for MTA B/O's

trainfan22

Has anybody noticed both NYCT and MTA Bus B/O have been rocking new uniforms? The new uniform is a dark blue shirt rather than the light blue one.

Mixed feelings about this, on one hand, I like that Bus ops now have a different uniform than the Subway C/R, otoh, it looks to silmar to the uniforms the mechanics wear.

6 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Has anybody noticed both NYCT and MTA Bus B/O have been rocking new uniforms? The new uniform is a dark blue shirt rather than the light blue one.

Mixed feelings about this, on one hand, I like that Bus ops now have a different uniform than the Subway C/R, otoh, it looks to silmar to the uniforms the mechanics wear.

Are there any photos of the uniforms? Or which depos are using them because I haven't seen any dark blue shirts today.

Edited by IAlam

31 minutes ago, IAlam said:

Are there any photos of the uniforms? Or which depos are using them because I haven't seen any dark blue shirts today.

I've seen ENY, Spring Creek, Flatbush and Grand Ave B/O wearing the new uniforms. 

It's not a button up shirt like the light blue uniforms, it's kinda like a polo shirt.

I don't have any photos.

I actually noticed that today in the city. One of the NYCT express B/O was wearing it and I thought "is this a renegade B/O who refuses to follow the dress code?" Lol

It definitely looks more casual than the existing uniform. But this isnt some five star hotel, so I don't care. 

Edited by QM1to6Ave

7 hours ago, T J Trainman said:

They are summer shirts. 

2 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Yes, bus ops and dispatchers are getting polo shirts as part of the summer uniform. Distribution just started this month, so they will slowly get through the system. 

Exactly what I thought they were.

I miss the days where I could wear "street clothes" to work..... Now I'm not one of these people that sweats profusely per se, but I do tend to sweat at the slightest onset of heat... Dress shirts aren't exactly ideal when it comes to sweat absorption... I don't how some of these dudes wear no undershirt under these things....

4 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Only two of them though... Could they be any stingier? :lol:

Just to get the ball rolling. Once they finalize with the uniform company, then they will up the allotment. 

47 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Exactly what I thought they were.

I miss the days where I could wear "street clothes" to work..... Now I'm not one of these people that sweats profusely per se, but I do tend to sweat at the slightest onset of heat... Dress shirts aren't exactly ideal when it comes to sweat absorption... I don't how some of these dudes wear no undershirt under these things....

Idk either. I just hope that these shirts are of a decent material and thickness. 

7 minutes ago, XBht26 said:

2 navy blue polo shirts. Apparently they’re prototypes. Might get better ones soon. What’s missing from the polo is a pocket (for our pens and work sheets) and a badge holder.

Please sir, can I have some more? What?!? More?  :lol:

6 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

Just to get the ball rolling. Once they finalize with the uniform company, then they will up the allotment. 

Idk either. I just hope that these shirts are of a decent material and thickness. 

I hope so. In the meantime, get used to doing more laundry more often. I don't know what the rule is but my uncle would wear all of his (MTA) uniforms. The old one with the (NYCT) and the newer ones with the (MTA) logo. I actually compared the two shirts when I was in his basement once out of curiosity since he had some cleaned, and I must say... The newer uniforms are utter crap in terms of the quality if you look up close. I believe the uniforms with the (NYCT) were made here (likely union made too).  The newer ones seemed to come from elsewhere and it definitely shows.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

8 hours ago, XBht26 said:

2 navy blue polo shirts. Apparently they’re prototypes. Might get better ones soon. What’s missing from the polo is a pocket (for our pens and work sheets) and a badge holder.

i know a few b/o's at 100 street that have the polos with badge holder loops. iinm there are a few prototypes floating around. also, the 100 street version has the mta logo on both arms 

On 7/25/2018 at 10:34 AM, B35 via Church said:

I miss the days where I could wear "street clothes" to work

That's why I went back to #StartupLife - cargo shorts, running shoes and whatever t-shirt I grab is my uniform.

Sometimes, when I wanna look fancy, I put on lotion.

7 hours ago, MNR Beacon Line said:

Seriously? That's insulting!

I got a real tie when I worked at McDonald's for Christ's sake. If that demographic can manage a half-windsor I think bus operators can too...

Well the clip on is so that we don't get choked out. It also helps if it gets caught on something while driving. (This second one I  hate so much) I have the old school tie and I get that knot looking fine. 😂

1 hour ago, SevenEleven said:

Well the clip on is so that we don't get choked out. It also helps if it gets caught on something while driving. (This second one I  hate so much) I have the old school tie and I get that knot looking fine. 😂

Yep, that's exactly what it's for.  Probably the (MTA) thinking we don't want B/Os trying to sue us because of their uniforms.