New Uniforms for MTA B/O's

trainfan22

On 7/26/2018 at 12:45 PM, Deucey said:

That's why I went back to #StartupLife - cargo shorts, running shoes and whatever t-shirt I grab is my uniform.

Sometimes, when I wanna look fancy, I put on lotion.

That West Coast dress code is most of why I moved out. Ain't nobody got time (or dollars) to buy however many pairs of slacks and khakis and jackets and whatnot with student debt.

2 hours ago, bobtehpanda said:

That West Coast dress code is most of why I moved out. Ain't nobody got time (or dollars) to buy however many pairs of slacks and khakis and jackets and whatnot with student debt.

Last time I worked a job i had to “khaki” up for in California was MetroPCS during college - 2002-2003.

Even when i was at Citi Habitats in Bed-Stuy I was in my jeans.

I don't even do khakis or suits for Jesus. The Lord knows my heart, and the boss that's concerned with what I wear in back-office roles doesn't have enough work to do.

On 7/27/2018 at 8:21 AM, SevenEleven said:

Well the clip on is so that we don't get choked out. It also helps if it gets caught on something while driving. (This second one I  hate so much) I have the old school tie and I get that knot looking fine. 😂

And that's no laughing matter either. Even with shields, someone could try to yank the tie if a thug. Best to have it as a breakaway.

There is a train of thought (in so many words) that says uniforms spawns unification; there is no 'I' in team, we are all one under the sun, yada yada yada....

If you ask me, all knowing that you have to wear a uniform day in & day out does, is make people more miserable.... I should copyright this phrase, as I've been saying it since grade school, but "There may be no 'I' in team, but there isn't a "we" in it either".... Nobody's thinking about togetherness & brotherhoods & things like that when you have YOUR OWN family to feed! It's all clichéd bullshit that serves no other purpose but to feign professionalism, unity, and to strip individual workers of their individuality..... Way to tell your workers YOU don't matter, when you have every single one of them shrouded in a uniform..... That's how I see it.

Edited by B35 via Church

On 7/25/2018 at 6:32 AM, SevenEleven said:

Yes, bus ops and dispatchers are getting polo shirts as part of the summer uniform. Distribution just started this month, so they will slowly get through the system. 

You know what depot they are at giving out the blue polos?/And or find a way to see where they will be next? My depot (MTV) won’t get the shirts until the 20th..I’m not waiting that long lol 

14 minutes ago, Mr Marta said:

You know what depot they are at giving out the blue polos?/And or find a way to see where they will be next? My depot (MTV) won’t get the shirts until the 20th..I’m not waiting that long lol 

Tommorow is Charleston, and Monday is Meridith.

If that doesn't help you, I'm going Monday I'll see if they got a sheet I can snap a picture from of their schedule..... It's the same guys that come with the shoe truck is all I know.

Edited by trife86

1 minute ago, trife86 said:

Tommorow is Charleston, and Monday is meridith 

What in the world? They must be doing the SI depots this week because they were just at Yukon.....but That’s strange they went from Kingsbridge depot skip Brooklyn queens manhattan and go to Staten Island? 

9 minutes ago, trife86 said:

If that doesn't help you, I'm going Monday I'll see if they got a sheet I can snap a picture from of their schedule..... It's the same guys that come with the shoe truck is all I know.

I’ll appreciate that a few of my guys here at MTV went to Kingsbridge to pick up the shirts they said the rule is two to each driver and They Check you off by your pass number They could have been lying but what thy said they did was give them a random pass number...so when they come to our depot they will give them their real pass number and now they will have 4 shirts lol smh 

4 hours ago, Mr Marta said:

What in the world? They must be doing the SI depots this week because they were just at Yukon.....but That’s strange they went from Kingsbridge depot skip Brooklyn queens manhattan and go to Staten Island? 

They doing it by boro. They swapped Staten Island with Manhattan. 

Brooklyn was first, then the Bx, then us, then Queens and finally Manhattan. They will be at Zerega 8/25 and then make a revisit to some other depots. 

EDIT: Here's the schedule for the remaining depots. 

https://imgur.com/a/dxCXu0P

26 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

They doing it by boro. They swapped Staten Island with Manhattan. 

Brooklyn was first, then the Bx, then us, then Queens and finally Manhattan. They will be at Zerega 8/25 and then make a revisit to some other depots. 

Get 'em while they're hot.... Remember no more than TWO! Three's a crowd. 

• 1 year later...