The Civil Service Store

mark1447

Seeing that many people have NEVER seen this store, you should go here to buy your civil Service books and more here, rather then Barns and Nobels

Yes its ONLY in NYC as i know

to get there

go to Worth Street near City Hall

89 Worth St

10013 New York

New York, USA.

Best way to getting there is via the IRT (4)(5)<5>(6)<6> or (J)(M)(Z) to City hall, walk up to chambers, then to Broadway and then up to Worth going west

good luck and you are very welcome my mates;)

YES THEY SALE ALL PASSBOOKS: TRAIN OPERATOR, CONDUCTOR, BUS OPERATOR, FIRE DEPORTMENT, ACCOUNTENT, Traffic Agent, Police, Computer, and more! Plus other company passed books and more...

I got my T/o book there at a price of about $23 buxs

j3yacpxhbru08shku9a.jpg

I never knew that existed!

yup its a SECRITE STORE lol

what i did was first went to Barns and nobals over at Co-op city Bayplaza mall bx, in the summer, after that I found a VERY small section of Exam study guide but, no transit, except a Bus Operators version which a guy took that day wtf lol? So I went to Info desk and someone told me the info, i was so excited to go, but it was 9PM?? like a pelham bay (6) would be in downtown in 30 Min ya right :) so I went the next day, with fam, and found it me self =]] .. Bought a T/O book, the LATEST, but i need a C/R as thats what im doing next yr and the exam is on the Dec 6 -_0

@Julio no problema amigo :)

and who ever gave me a G0o0o0oD reputation for this topic, THXXXs :D:P

Oh the Bay Plaza Barnes and Noble sucks for exam books...they always seem to sell out. Just buy coffee and leave...lol

ya starbooks :)

u can say its more of a kiddy place cuz they have a big section kids damn lol

I need to check that store out sometime. I myself have applied for the C/R exam for 12/6. I currently have the Arco B/O- C/R book (ISBN 0-671-87134-X).

yup check it out hey that ISBN i checked seems gd, does it Only talk about (Q) and (A)s and other a guide to the features that C/rs deal with or just q and as?

I called them up and they have both books. The lady that picked up the phone seemed rather...happy? That I called. I just asked for the store hours and she quickly started asking me what books I was looking for, etc..She kinda freaked me out a bit lol

I called them up and they have both books. The lady that picked up the phone seemed rather...happy? That I called. I just asked for the store hours and she quickly started asking me what books I was looking for, etc..She kinda freaked me out a bit lol

sounds like u were sweet talked =] lol, or it could b a female foarmer aka the Book version XD

s0o, u r applying for?

sounds like u were sweet talked =] lol, or it could b a female foarmer aka the Book version XD

s0o, u r applying for?

She sounded like she was in her 50s, so no thanks :) I applied Sept 2nd for the Conductor exam in December and I also plan on applying for the Train Operator exam next year.

Its pretty much just a Q and A, so it does not really tell you how to do a c/r's job.

so is there any book that talks about C/R rather then just questions, cuz how em I suppose to study a test with out knowing =S

@Julio, wait do u work with the T/A? Cuz u do do know if u r joing MTA u cant go to T/O unless u have (5) Years work experiences within the firm

so is there any book that talks about C/R rather then just questions, cuz how em I suppose to study a test with out knowing =S

@Julio, wait do u work with the T/A? Cuz u do do know if u r joing MTA u cant go to T/O unless u have (5) Years work experiences within the firm

The 2009 exam I plan to take is Open Competitive, it's not the Promotional Exam. The 5 years experience I believe is general work experience. Maybe a current T/O that came off the streets can clarify this for me.

Those women at the store are always nice and cheerful. Its a mom and pop store so they need all the support they can get and they are the best if your taken any civil service exam.

You not going to find any book telling you how to do the job of a C/R or T/O because you don't need that info until you get the job.

The 5 year work experance has to be full time on the books so the (MTA) can review your work history.

Those women at the store are always nice and cheerful. Its a mom and pop store so they need all the support they can get and they are the best if your taken any civil service exam.

You not going to find any book telling you how to do the job of a C/R or T/O because you don't need that info until you get the job.

The 5 year work experance has to be full time on the books so the (MTA) can review your work history.

5 year work experience with the MTA? or with any company? I have 4 years with the Department of Education and next year it will be 5 years with the Department of Education. Would that count?

ya gd one my mate, but I belivie when its 5 Years work experinse they mean City related jobs (DCAS or sumin else) Civil service..

Not like 5 Years working for Pizza shop :( lol

If that's the case too, well then I'm good! Working for the Department of Education FTW!

Archived