So...BusTime...

Deucey

5 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

What are you talking about? This is only true if you use the mobile version. The desktop version has everything that the app has. I've been using the desktop version before it was even available to the public so if anyone knows the ins out outs it's me.

thats why i use the bus time app on my phone instead of the browser. but the bus time app does not work on my smartphone. whenever i use, i get a please check internet explorer error.

1 hour ago, azspeedbullet said:

thats why i use the bus time app on my phone instead of the browser. but the bus time app does not work on my smartphone. whenever i use, i get a please check internet explorer error.

That's weird. I use it daily and don't have such issues. It's likely something wrong with your phone. I used it this morning for the BxM2. The first bus wasn't on BusTime because the bus likely has GPS issues, but the one going back was on BusTime.

4 hours ago, azspeedbullet said:

3 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

That's weird. I use it daily and don't have such issues. It's likely something wrong with your phone. I used it this morning for the BxM2. The first bus wasn't on BusTime because the bus likely has GPS issues, but the one going back was on BusTime.

Same thing on my phone. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't. I get the "check your internet connection" error when there's nothing wrong with my connection. 

BusTime mobile site is good to see time estimates, but that's all you can get out of it... the desktop site doesn't work too well on an iPhone.

I use the website transsee.ca to see a route map with vehicles numbers. Works great on a phone, only downside is you have to manually refresh the page for updates. 

5 minutes ago, JX248 said:

Same thing on my phone. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't. I get the "check your internet connection" error when there's nothing wrong with my connection. 

BusTime mobile site is good to see time estimates, but that's all you can get out of it... the desktop site doesn't work too well on an iPhone.

I use the website transsee.ca to see a route map with vehicles numbers. Works great on a phone, only downside is you have to manually refresh the page for updates. 

Interesting. I have always used Android phones, but I am due to get my iPad tablet tomorrow so I will play around with BusTime (desktop version) and see how it works while running it on my desktop in my office (Windows 10). I like the desktop version because once you locate the bus that you want to track, it automatically refreshes by itself and it tells you the next three stops along with how long roughly the bus should take to arrive at your stop.

10 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Interesting. I have always used Android phones, but I am due to get my iPad tablet tomorrow so I will play around with BusTime (desktop version) and see how it works while running it on my desktop in my office (Windows 10). I like the desktop version because once you locate the bus that you want to track, it automatically refreshes by itself and it tells you the next three stops along with how long roughly the bus should take to arrive at your stop.

Yeah, I use desktop on my Mac all the time, works great on there. Just not so much on my phone... not really formatted for it. I would think it should be fine on an iPad though, since it's bigger. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived