New Subway Route Bullets

Harry

New Subway Route Bullets  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What size should the new subway route bullets be?

• 15x15 pixels (current size)
    • 20x20 pixels
    • 25x25 pixels

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/24/2018 at 04:00 AM

Lance created a brand new complete set of subway route bullets from multiple eras to replace all of the current bullets and I wanted to increase the size of them a bit. I decided to create a topic about it and to figure out what a good size is.

15x15 pixels

Lorem ipsum dolor :15x15_px_01: sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in :15x15_px_01: reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim :15x15_px_01: id est laborum.

20x20 pixels

Lorem ipsum dolor :20x20_px_01: sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in :20x20_px_01: reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim :20x20_px_01: id est laborum.

25x25 pixels

Lorem ipsum dolor :25x25_px_01: sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in :25x25_px_01: reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim :25x25_px_01: id est laborum.

There is a test category in the emoji library with the sample sizes.

Current size suffices for me.

The bigger the bullet, the more of a distraction it is to the rest of the post (i.e., text).....

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:12 PM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Will increasing the font size limit any of the other features we have access to? One thing I see that changed is our signatures only appear at the start of a thread as opposed to each time we posted within a thread. I guess that either cleared up clutter or helped in some other way...

Some people (like yourself) have image sigs.... Hell, last forum I was an admin of, members had image sigs and/or flash sigs....

Restricting/Confining the viewing of a member's sig to the OP in some thread, in short, cuts down on BW (bandwidth).....

• 1 month later...

I don’t know if my input is too late now, but SVG has been a thing for a while. Those 15-by-15 images are too pixelated for high-density screens. The diamond bullets should also have a square size than circle bullets—preferably by adding a transparent 1px zone around the circle bullets. That balances out their visual weight. The (5) and <5> are a good example, but the (7) and <7> are bad examples.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...