Commuting from CT

ItsmeSD

I was so happy to get a class start date of Aug 6 for Station Agent. My happiness turned to desperation when I found out the the hours are from 7-3 at PS 248 in Brooklyn. The metronorth doesn’t start running until 4:10am...which puts me in Grand Central at 5:55am. Not enough time to take that long hideous D train ride to Brooklyn. I don’t want to be late, any suggestions?

10 minutes ago, ItsmeSD said:

I was so happy to get a class start date of Aug 6 for Station Agent. My happiness turned to desperation when I found out the the hours are from 7-3 at PS 248 in Brooklyn. The metronorth doesn’t start running until 4:10am...which puts me in Grand Central at 5:55am. Not enough time to take that long hideous D train ride to Brooklyn. I don’t want to be late, any suggestions?

Better yet, take the 4/5 to Barclays, and then you can take whichever comes first ((D) or (N)) there. 

• 2 weeks later...

On another thread, they mentioned that the union (whatever local covers station agents) is usually helpful in situations like this. Tell them in advance that you're coming from far away on the first train of the morning and would like some protection in case you occasionally come late. (On a regular day you should make it in an hour)

Archived