Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Vtrain

The new Staten Island express bus timetables are up on the MTA website.

Recommended Posts

Great news, the new Staten Island express bus timetables are now up on the MTA website.

Go check it out.

  • LMAO! 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give me a little while I'll take a pic of the 4c route intructions given to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For the SIM30, they have Rosebank and Sunnyside swapped  on the timepoints by mistake.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If I can send the hi res to anyone feel free to post higher quality or resolution

Edited by trife86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the QM1/A was changed to 1/5/6/7/8, it took almost a month for all buses to get updated destination signs and all the bust stops to get new signs and timetables. I think it was a little faster when they also added in the 31/35/35. I’ll guess it will take 3 weeks to make all these changes lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vtrain said:

Great news, the new Staten Island express bus timetables are now up on the MTA website.

Go check it out.

I don't see them, can someone send me a link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've Noticed that they just copied and pasted the X11 Schedule for the SIM32, just had the last AM bus leave at 8:30 instead of 8:25.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Wait a minute. If you're making a right on 57th, is the bus terminating at Lex or 3rd or what?

The paper they gave shows last stop at 57 and Lex....

Which still is possible to change as even from the time I got the route packet, a few minor changes have been made. There's a few mistakes they made there still fixing

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

https://transitfeeds.com/p/mta/84/latest/routes

Here are the run numbers and the depot of each trip if anyone is interested, scroll down to the "SIM" routes.

On this website, the run information for the SIM23/24 routes say that they're out of Charleston for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, trife86 said:

The paper they gave shows last stop at 57 and Lex....

Which still is possible to change as even from the time I got the route packet, a few minor changes have been made. There's a few mistakes they made there still fixing

 

 

That would make more sense. They should keep it that way. They have wayyyy too many buses terminating up by Central Park South and there is simply not enough space for all of those buses. I sometimes get the BxM2 right where the X1 terminates to go back to Riverdale and there are so many X1 buses laid up over there that the B/O can't always see who is waiting, so people can be passed up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are still some terminating at CPS but I don't think it will be as much as before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

That would make more sense. They should keep it that way. They have wayyyy too many buses terminating up by Central Park South and there is simply not enough space for all of those buses. I sometimes get the BxM2 right where the X1 terminates to go back to Riverdale and there are so many X1 buses laid up over there that the B/O can't always see who is waiting, so people can be passed up.

if you really read it, i don't believe there are that many LAYOVERS at CPS. if all those lines/runs were laying over there, then it'd be a space issue. but, from what I'm interpreting, there are quite a few deadheads out of CPS. 

regardless i do understand your point about passengers being left or not being picked up 

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

https://transitfeeds.com/p/mta/84/latest/routes

Here are the run numbers and the depot of each trip if anyone is interested, scroll down to the "SIM" routes.

what i will say is that i have a great appreciation as to how the runs/work was assigned. seems like run on and run off times were taken into great consideration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are exactly the same as the GTFS feed you released before. They still haven't fixed the gaping holes during the transition periods between peak and off-peak service, or the glaring lack of service on routes like the SIM4C & SIM7 (or the span reductions for Gannon Avenue and Arden Heights).

Also, what's with the 15 minute runtime between Chambers & Barclay? If anything, the congestion is closer to Battery Place. So if buses try to follow this schedule at the height of rush hour, they'll drag the line between Chambers & Barclay (I thought buses were starting at Worth, but anyway), and then end up running even later by the time they hit Battery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Those are exactly the same as the GTFS feed you released before. They still haven't fixed the gaping holes during the transition periods between peak and off-peak service, or the glaring lack of service on routes like the SIM4C & SIM7 (or the span reductions for Gannon Avenue and Arden Heights).

Also, what's with the 15 minute runtime between Chambers & Barclay? If anything, the congestion is closer to Battery Place. So if buses try to follow this schedule at the height of rush hour, they'll drag the line between Chambers & Barclay (I thought buses were starting at Worth, but anyway), and then end up running even later by the time they hit Battery. 

No one said it was perfect. I agree that there are definitely periods where service sucks. I for one am not pleased with the stingy service on Sundays and how early service ends and the whole hourly service going back to Staten Island on the SIM3c.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

No one said it was perfect. I agree that there are definitely periods where service sucks. I for one am not pleased with the stingy service on Sundays and how early service ends and the whole hourly service going back to Staten Island on the SIM3c.

There's a difference between not being perfect and having ridiculous flaws that show that nobody bothered to proofread those schedules.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

There's a difference between not being perfect and having ridiculous flaws that show that nobody bothered to proofread those schedules.

The schedules aren't in effect until August 19th so I'm not sure what you're foaming at the mouth about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

No one said it was perfect. I agree that there are definitely periods where service sucks. I for one am not pleased with the stingy service on Sundays and how early service ends and the whole hourly service going back to Staten Island on the SIM3c.

I'm pretty sure this new system/schedule will be modified over time. there's no way this is set in stone. the constituency won't allow it. I can already tell that the park & ride runs will be the first to be adjusted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

I'm pretty sure this new system/schedule will be modified over time. there's no way this is set in stone. the constituency won't allow it. I can already tell that the park & ride runs will be the first to be adjusted 

There will be adjustments, but likely not as much as there should be. What I will say is this "new" network is the vision that the (MTA) wanted and fostered by cutting service there to reduce ridership in the sectors that they didn't want to serve or didn't want to serve as much. The North Shore clearly is no longer an area of Staten Island that the (MTA) really wants to service. Sure there is service there, but not nearly as much as there used to be. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

The schedules aren't in effect until August 19th so I'm not sure what you're foaming at the mouth about. 

They released them earlier as a GTFS file and I told them about those errors (along with numerous other riders) and they went ahead and released those schedules anyway. Shows complete carelessness and disregard for the needs of their customers. Sure, they might run extra buses, but if we couldn't even trust them to make a proper schedule in the first place, how can we trust them to run the right amount of extra buses in the right places at the right times?

11 hours ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

I'm pretty sure this new system/schedule will be modified over time. there's no way this is set in stone. the constituency won't allow it. I can already tell that the park & ride runs will be the first to be adjusted 

To have more service or less service? The SIM4/8 ones will probably get decent ridership. The SIM5/6, not so much.

10 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

There will be adjustments, but likely not as much as there should be. What I will say is this "new" network is the vision that the (MTA) wanted and fostered by cutting service there to reduce ridership in the sectors that they didn't want to serve or didn't want to serve as much. The North Shore clearly is no longer an area of Staten Island that the (MTA) really wants to service. Sure there is service there, but not nearly as much as there used to be. 

Actually, during rush hour, the North Shore actually sees slightly better service (look at service on the SIM3 vs. the X42). During rush hour, the issues are mostly with the Hylan Blvd service. Outside of rush hour, they're with the North/West Shore services.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.