Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Vtrain

The new Staten Island express bus timetables are up on the MTA website.

Heh. some irony.... They have these park & ride super expresses (or whatever you want to call them) as part of a pilot program, but (as part of the overall network redesign) ended up revoking express bus service to a pre-existing park & ride :lol:

• LMAO! 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

I know the Outerbridge park and ride is huge and expensive, but I used to take the X22A daily and I never saw more than five or six cars parked there. On some days no one parked there at all. Probably because you’re limited to the four 22A trips coming home (or a couple late-evening 22 trips that stop at the park and ride if requested, though I’ve never seen anyone request it), and there’s 30-40 minute headways. It just makes a lot more sense for people to drive up the extra 3-4 minutes to the Arthur Kill Road exit ramp, a de facto “park and ride,” where you can catch the X19/21/22/23/24 coming home.

From the new Staten Island Express bus map, weekend service that starts from 57 St and 2 Av is cut. 

Just now, Calvin said:

From the new Staten Island Express bus map, weekend service that starts from 57 St and 2 Av is cut. 

Yeah but I think the SIM4c should start at 57th and 3rd like the X17 instead of Central Park South.

4 minutes ago, Calvin said:

You mean 57th and Lex.

I just checked the SIM3c schedule thoroughly and they did something very stupid. The X10 AND X12 both stop right in front of Shop Rite which has a huge parking lot and a stop that I would use coming from work to stop at Shop Rite before getting car service home.  Well now if I decide to shop there, I have a much longer walk.  They took out two freaking stops.  No drop-off at Vedder and Richmond AND no stop at Forest and Richmond. That's basically an unofficial park and ride right there that they eliminated.  Instead I'd have to get off at Armand and Richmond, walk north a ways to get there.  At least they did keep the stop going back to Manhattan though. 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

5 hours ago, Calvin said:

You mean 5th & 3rd? (Which is 57th & Lexington on the new network)

21 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

I just checked the SIM3c schedule thoroughly and they did something very stupid. The X10 AND X12 both stop right in front of Shop Rite which has a huge parking lot and a stop that I would use coming from work to stop at Shop Rite before getting car service home.  Well now if I decide to shop there, I have a much longer walk.  They took out two freaking stops.  No drop-off at Vedder and Richmond AND no stop at Forest and Richmond. That's basically an unofficial park and ride right there that they eliminated.  Instead I'd have to get off at Armand and Richmond, walk north a ways to get there.  At least they did they stop going back to Manhattan though. 

The buses will all stop at Forest & Richmond (either by the Dakota Diner for the SIM3C or McDonald's for the SIM33/34). If you look at Google Maps, they have the SIM34 (but not the 3C/33) stopping by ShopRite. I hope that much is true at least.

5 hours ago, S78 via Hylan said:

You mean 57th and Lex.

1 minute ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

You mean 5th & 3rd? (Which is 57th & Lexington on the new network)

That's what I meant. Usually see the Express that are from Staten Island starting at that point to the bus stop at 3rd Av. 

2 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

The buses will all stop at Forest & Richmond (either by the Dakota Diner for the SIM3C or McDonald's for the SIM33/34). If you look at Google Maps, they have the SIM34 (but not the 3C/33) stopping by ShopRite. I hope that much is true at least.

Well on the map for the the SIM3/3c if you look they don't have a stop at Forest & Richmond at all, which I find absolutely absurd.  I can understand taking out the stop at Vedder because that one wasn't heavily used, but the Forest & Richmond one is a no-brainer.  

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

22 minutes ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Well on the map for the the SIM3/3c if you look they don't have a stop at Forest & Richmond at all, which I find absolutely absurd.  I can understand taking out the stop at Vedder because that one wasn't heavily used, but the Forest & Richmond one is a no-brainer.  

You're right, on the PDF they left it out. But on the Google Map they put up on the Civic Connect site, and on Google Maps itself, it shows the SIM3/3C stopping there (otherwise, it wouldn't make sense for the SIM30 to stop but the 3/3C to skip it, but then again they actually did that at a few stops across the island where one stops and one skips)

32 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Google Maps and MTA BusTime and all the other apps that use the data (Transit, Moovit, Citymapper etc.) are ridiculously full of bus stop errors. It’s frustrating given that they could’ve easily tried to make it accurate. They didn’t even get the mall park-and-ride location right for the 4x/8x. And none of the buses that use 23rd St are accurate, they are all different. (there’s no stop at Avenue C or 3rd Ave!) I would go by the Civic Connect map. The SIM34 doesn’t stop at Vedder, and all the buses stop at Forest/Richmond.

2 minutes ago, SIMplicity said:

Google Maps and MTA BusTime and all the other apps that use the data (Transit, Moovit, Citymapper etc.) are ridiculously full of bus stop errors. It’s frustrating given that they could’ve easily tried to make it accurate. They didn’t even get the mall park-and-ride location right for the 4x/8x. And none of the buses that use 23rd St are accurate, they are all different. (there’s no stop at Avenue C or 3rd Ave!) I would go by the Civic Connect map. The SIM34 doesn’t stop at Vedder, and all the buses stop at Forest/Richmond.

That's good to know.  I don't know when I'll be out there again (that trip was the first I had made in over a year...)

23 hours ago, SIMplicity said:

I know the Outerbridge park and ride is huge and expensive, but I used to take the X22A daily and I never saw more than five or six cars parked there. On some days no one parked there at all. Probably because you’re limited to the four 22A trips coming home (or a couple late-evening 22 trips that stop at the park and ride if requested, though I’ve never seen anyone request it), and there’s 30-40 minute headways. It just makes a lot more sense for people to drive up the extra 3-4 minutes to the Arthur Kill Road exit ramp, a de facto “park and ride,” where you can catch the X19/21/22/23/24 coming home.

You also had the midday X17c's service the Park & Ride, but that route was very menderous.

My wife has a question about the 4c on nights when she leaves the city later than the 8 .... will the 4c loop around and service Annadale Road after ETC??

I believe the 17A does this now where the first Manhattan bound stop is at Drumgoole and the last SI-bound stop is Arthur Kill.

We live off Woodrow Road and she has no desire to walk home from ETC.

Thanks

1 minute ago, X17JS74 said:

My wife has a question about the 4c on nights when she leaves the city later than the 8 .... will the 4c loop around and service Annadale Road after ETC??

I believe the 17A does this now where the first Manhattan bound stop is at Drumgoole and the last SI-bound stop is Arthur Kill.

Thanks

All SIM4 and SIM4c buses will end where the X17a ends now.

4 minutes ago, X17JS74 said:

Thanks

I believe it will do the loop before it enters the ETC (which is stupid, but is what's on the schedules). 

But long story short, Annadale Road will have off-peak service. Also, the SIM8 will run down Woodrow Road if your wife works in Midtown (with the last bus leaving 57th Street at 9pm). 

Keep an eye on BusTime, and know your alternatives, because I'm predicting severe overcrowding on the SIM4C, with the lack of service they're providing on that route. I say check BusTime, because there might be extra buses that aren't on the schedule, so if she's lucky, she can catch one of them. But if they're just running the scheduled service, it will be a disaster.

25 minutes ago, Lil 57 said:

All SIM4 and SIM4c buses will end where the X17a ends now.

Thanks good to know

9 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

I believe it will do the loop before it enters the ETC (which is stupid, but is what's on the schedules). 

But long story short, Annadale Road will have off-peak service. Also, the SIM8 will run down Woodrow Road if your wife works in Midtown (with the last bus leaving 57th Street at 9pm). 

Keep an eye on BusTime, and know your alternatives, because I'm predicting severe overcrowding on the SIM4C, with the lack of service they're providing on that route. I say check BusTime, because there might be extra buses that aren't on the schedule, so if she's lucky, she can catch one of them. But if they're just running the scheduled service, it will be a disaster.

Yeah she will be a former 17J or 23 rider converting to the 8 or 22 in the morning ... 4 block walk to either one. Most times she's on a bus by 6pm so there are no issues peak hours but she was reading the new timetable where it wasn't clear to her that the 4c should go up Annadale all the way in the event she decides to grab a couple drinks.

She's also looking forward to the mess ahead.

5 minutes ago, X17JS74 said:

Yeah she will be a former 17J or 23 rider converting to the 8 or 22 in the morning ... 4 block walk to either one. Most times she's on a bus by 6pm so there are no issues peak hours but she was reading the new timetable where it wasn't clear to her that the 4c should go up Annadale all the way in the event she decides to grab a couple drinks.

She's also looking forward to the mess ahead.

If all else fails I'd go with the SIM1.  It will be pretty frequent.  I lived near the SI Zoo. Late nights when I didn't feel like taking the X10 to Slosson, I'd take the X1 to Hylan & Steuben or Hylan & Clove and get car service from there.  10 minute ride tops. You can get an Uber from ETC for nothing I'm sure if you can't pick her up.