City, MTA advance plan to bring new Metro-North stations to the Bronx

Via Garibaldi 8

5 hours ago, Truckie said:

It's not difficult, but it's not going to happen overnight.  It's a matter of scheduling and covering jobs.   I would guess it would take about 4 months for each crew member to qualify. I forgot, along with the physical characteristics, it's a different set of operating rules.  Not knowing what their operating rules are comprised of, I can't say exactly how long it will take.  

The M8 units have Amtrak ACSES hardware built in already for operations on SLE. I take it south of New Rochelle everything switches from Pulse Code to ACSES? Or is it just standard Pulse code being it merges with LIRR and NJT coming into and leaving Penn.  So, in essence, Amtrak engineers have to certify on multiple operations at any given time?

3 hours ago, RailRunRob said:

The M8 units have Amtrak ACSES hardware built in already for operations on SLE. I take it south of New Rochelle everything switches from Pulse Code to ACSES? Or is it just standard Pulse code being it merges with LIRR and NJT coming into and leaving Penn.  So, in essence, Amtrak engineers have to certify on multiple operations at any given time?

ASCES built in, yes.  We will leave it at that 

Amtrak conductors and engineers must be qualified on the operating rules and physical characteristics of the territories they operate on.  They have to carry the various rule books and updated train orders at all times.  

For Amtrak to start running in to GCT this summer, crews started qualifying in early March and most were already qualified on the MNR's operating rules.  It took that long to qualify on the PC's from CP12 to GCT.

5 hours ago, Truckie said:

ASCES built in, yes.  We will leave it at that 

Amtrak conductors and engineers must be qualified on the operating rules and physical characteristics of the territories they operate on.  They have to carry the various rule books and updated train orders at all times.  

For Amtrak to start running in to GCT this summer, crews started qualifying in early March and most were already qualified on the MNR's operating rules.  It took that long to qualify on the PC's from CP12 to GCT.

Well that puts it into prospective. Gotcha 

Archived