"7 years for hitting a MTA employee?" They didn't care...

Deucey

1 hour ago, I Run Trains said:

THANK YOU!!!! SOMEBODY GETS IT!!!

as a train operator, i went out my way working the (1) line one trip! the PA in my car wasn't working so what do i do? when we had to make express stops, i open my cab door and yell the stops out the the passengers. thats not in my job description, but it saved me a headache from there people as well!

That not it’s your Conductor but he is able to not do his job and have a horrible Attitude you have to be kidding me. Most lie to customers delays with nothing more then “ I don’t know what going on” or most times no info. There are good people in every field when the bad out weights the good nobody want to take accountability. It’s still your job to help the best you can PA system or not that no excuse to half ass your job. It’s good to see how many mouths open towards the customers being wrong as if there not the reason you have a job that why this system is a joke. As a Future Conductor I hope to stay clear of your types Plus i don’t worry about indicts like this because I’m here for people I can get out my own way to help someone beside myself.

13 minutes ago, BreeddekalbL said:

I'm surprised at the language mr byford used in seeing the employee as an equal

I’m glad he’s using that language. Now, what is he going to do to protect the front-line employees from any more of these low-lifes who pull these vicious stunts? 

On 8/14/2018 at 11:38 AM, Just New York said:

When do you hold the neglect MTA employees who refuse to help people or don’t have the courtesy to inform people on what’s going on. With out people you don’t have a job Point blank the people are not here for them it’s the other way. I don’t believe in over doing thing but let’s not act as if the MTA does not allow there workers to be uninformed and absolutely no help but have Attitudes.

1 hour ago, Just New York said:

That not it’s your Conductor but he is able to not do his job and have a horrible Attitude you have to be kidding me. Most lie to customers delays with nothing more then “ I don’t know what going on” or most times no info. There are good people in every field when the bad out weights the good nobody want to take accountability. It’s still your job to help the best you can PA system or not that no excuse to half ass your job. It’s good to see how many mouths open towards the customers being wrong as if there not the reason you have a job that why this system is a joke. As a Future Conductor I hope to stay clear of your types Plus i don’t worry about indicts like this because I’m here for people I can get out my own way to help someone beside myself.

That’s not the issue here! Don’t come on here and try to make some sort of “what-about” argument about rude, dishonest or unhelpful MTA employees. No one’s disputing they exist (but perhaps not to the extent you seem to think they do). 

What you are doing is making it sound like this employee - and the majority of his colleagues - had it coming, which is 100% untrue. It is the low-lifes who assaulted him who need to be arrested for felony assault and put on trial. Not here or in the “court of public opinion,” because that won’t count for shit. But in an actual court of law. And if convicted, they need to go away for the maximum time. No “time already served” or some other slap on the wrist. Make an example out of people who engage in vicious crimes like this. And find a way to better protect conductors and T/O’s. More cops - perhaps in plainclothes - should be on the table. MTA brass better not cry about budgets, because as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. Body or dash cameras could be an option. Maybe even locate them where the zebra boards currently are, so they can easily capture some other low-lifes trying to pull any more of this shit. 

On 8/14/2018 at 2:42 AM, Just New York said:

Edwin Thomas did not deserve to be killed he also should have just gave the transfer. You are a civil servant you here to help people not take matter into your own hands because you have power. You have desertion when it come to the fare but most choose to be ass holes because they can.

I wish you knew how hard train conductors as well as bus drivers and train drivers of the (MTA) do their work. It is truly a shame that Edwin Thomas was killed by the angry passenger, but Thomas never felt the need to give a transfer to a fare evader. The workers of this agency got family members that always count on them to come home from work; it is when they fail to come to their respective places that it is a sad day for the agency as a whole. It is also true that there are bad apples in the agency that perhaps need to be taken out and replaced with competent people. But just because something out of their control or even planned happens does not mean that assaults are ever acceptable.

4 hours ago, Just New York said:

Bad employees should get reported... not popped in the face. The only outcome of that is YOUR train gets delayed and the train behind you also get delayed. Also you get to go to jail after too. 

But I do agree... some C/O either don’t have the info or assume the public is stupid by keep saying “attention passengers there’s train traffic, we will move shortly” I thought the purpose of them making announcements is to keep make sure the announcements are not so generic.

9 hours ago, Just New York said:

1) I'm amazed at how angry a person you are

2) I'm amazed at how poorly you read

3) I'm amazed at how poorly you write.

@I Run Trains JUST SAID he opens the cab door to make announcements when the PA doesn't work, and you try castigating him because some rare conductor didn't say something one time, and now they all deserve to get dragged out the cab and stomped on.

Honestly, I hope your number gets called and you fail out. Don't like that? That's my face in my avatar - come see me at Bowling Green uptown side and tell me about your feelings.

====

We can complain about operation frontline staff day-in/day-out - and I have because of one who games the system to get to breaks and another who had shitty judgment. But guess what...

IT'S THEIR SUPERVISORS AND THEIR SUPERVISORS' SUPERVISORS THAT MESS UP YOUR TRIP.

Signal malfunction? Blame the folks who chose not to invest in the system in the 70s and 80s - staff and politicians.

NTT breakdown? Blame the accountant that made the maintenance staff get more miles out of equipment before repairs and replacement to cut costs.

MetroCard won't read? Blame the procurement manager who chose to not invest in a better fare system because it'd cost more upfront than budgeted and didn't want to fight the bean counters.

Train rerouted or delayed because of police activity or FDNY? Blame the folks fighting, the dogs biting, the politicians who won't get the disturbed into care, the people who get on the tracks to explore, the people who litter or get on the train sick.

Mad at the guy on the (A) that throws fits on the PA in AM rush because folks hold the doors trying to fit in 3 sq ft in an overcrowded train that has only 1 sq ft available? Blame the aforementioned for not planning for growth, and the passengers that won't let the doors close. And blame him for his attitude.

But not one of them deserve to get beat up because your selfish and entitled self pops off instead of calling your legislators and telling them to give (MTA) the dedicated funding it needs.

12 hours ago, Mtatransit said:

Bad employees should get reported... not popped in the face. The only outcome of that is YOUR train gets delayed and the train behind you also get delayed. Also you get to go to jail after too. 

But I do agree... some C/O either don’t have the info or assume the public is stupid by keep saying “attention passengers there’s train traffic, we will move shortly” I thought the purpose of them making announcements is to keep make sure the announcements are not so generic.

You might have been the only one that read my response I never agreed with violence. I’m not going to let the horrible workers blame patrons for there lack of care for their job.

8 hours ago, Deucey said:

@I Run Trains JUST SAID he opens the cab door to make announcements when the PA doesn't work, and you try castigating him because some rare conductor didn't say something one time, and now they all deserve to get dragged out the cab and stomped on.

Honestly, I hope your number gets called and you fail out. Don't like that? That's my face in my avatar - come see me at Bowling Green uptown side and tell me about your feelings.

====

We can complain about operation frontline staff day-in/day-out - and I have because of one who games the system to get to breaks and another who had shitty judgment. But guess what...

IT'S THEIR SUPERVISORS AND THEIR SUPERVISORS' SUPERVISORS THAT MESS UP YOUR TRIP.

Signal malfunction? Blame the folks who chose not to invest in the system in the 70s and 80s - staff and politicians.

NTT breakdown? Blame the accountant that made the maintenance staff get more miles out of equipment before repairs and replacement to cut costs.

MetroCard won't read? Blame the procurement manager who chose to not invest in a better fare system because it'd cost more upfront than budgeted and didn't want to fight the bean counters.

Train rerouted or delayed because of police activity or FDNY? Blame the folks fighting, the dogs biting, the politicians who won't get the disturbed into care, the people who get on the tracks to explore, the people who litter or get on the train sick.

Mad at the guy on the (A) that throws fits on the PA in AM rush because folks hold the doors trying to fit in 3 sq ft in an overcrowded train that has only 1 sq ft available? Blame the aforementioned for not planning for growth, and the passengers that won't let the doors close. And blame him for his attitude.

But not one of them deserve to get beat up because your selfish and entitled self pops off instead of calling your legislators and telling them to give (MTA) the dedicated funding it needs.

I Won’t lose sleep over the the fact you don’t understand the logic of cause and effect. T/O , B/O like him will always have a hard time it’s just a shame most find it acceptable so it won’t change anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Just New York said:

I Won’t lose sleep over the the fact you don’t understand the logic of cause and effect. T/O , B/O like him will always have a hard time it’s just a shame most find it acceptable so it won’t change anytime soon.

Such big words from a small mind.

Even spelt out for you you still cling to the "System sucks so I'll eff up the first one in a uniform I see instead of doing something way more effective."

I mean, I got a driver reassigned by complaining to bosses instead of yelling. Folks got better cars on (C) by complaining for years. People got buses rerouted by complaining.

But you wanna kick the ass of the guy who opens the doors because the dispatchers and schedulers make his job hard, and because you asked where Wingstop is on Fulton St and he didn't know cuz he's vegan and from the Bronx...

And you still don't understand what @I Run Trains said - after it's been clarified twice but you wanna talk about cause and effect.

FOH.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:08 PM, Deucey said:

Anyone know who these people are?

We've been responding to one of them off & on for the past 2 days....

future conductor deez nuts...

3 hours ago, Just New York said:

Yeah right... and the local authorities won't lose sleep until you're in a jail cell..... and there's T/O's, B/O's, C/R's & the like that heard about what you did to that C/R, that won't lose sleep until you're put to sleep.

10 hours ago, Just New York said:

And you still don’t understand “false equivalence” and “whataboutism,” both of which you’re engaging in.

A 2 to 7 year sentence is really nothing as if the perpetrator cannot make bail, the time starts once he/she enters the jail. So we have the scenario where the person can lie on the Rock for two years, get sentenced and goes upstate and immediately sees the parole board and is on his way home. What I do not like is that the minimum sentence is too low and should be raised from 2 years to 4 or 5 years as the perpetrator will then have to spend a minimum of 2 or more years upstate instead of taking the gamble of 2 years and out. 

The problem is that for the minimum sentence to be raised, it has to go through the legislature and they will not do it unless it is forced upon them by the public and the mainstream media. The "regressives" in positions of power on the city and state level do not care about the ones who are in the proverbial trenches day in and day out as today everything is about ideology.

1 hour ago, Interested Rider said:

A 2 to 7 year sentence is really nothing as if the perpetrator cannot make bail, the time starts once he/she enters the jail. So we have the scenario where the person can lie on the Rock for two years, get sentenced and goes upstate and immediately sees the parole board and is on his way home. What I do not like is that the minimum sentence is too low and should be raised from 2 years to 4 or 5 years as the perpetrator will then have to spend a minimum of 2 or more years upstate instead of taking the gamble of 2 years and out. 

The problem is that for the minimum sentence to be raised, it has to go through the legislature and they will not do it unless it is forced upon them by the public and the mainstream media. The "regressives" in positions of power on the city and state level do not care about the ones who are in the proverbial trenches day in and day out as today everything is about ideology.

Have you ever seen a jail? Read about Rikers? No sane human would wish to spend any period of time in such a place. This notion that 2 years locked up is seen by some large segment of the population as a walk in the park is just false. 

More generally, the whole notion of minimum sentences is an insult to the judiciary. We trust judges and juries to assess the specifics of a case and proceed accordingly. Fettering them with legislatively imposed guidelines hands all the power to the prosecution, demeaning the entire legal system. 

For the record, not only have i seen the inside of a jail, I spent 30 years working on the inside of jails so I know about the inmates and the judicial system.

I have been in the inside of San Quentin as well as Huntsville Texas over the years on tours where I saw the llving conditions. 

RR503 you are correct that no sane person would want to spend time there but most crimes are committed when people do not think about the consequences of their decision and commit the crime. The realization that they did something comes either when they suddenly realize what they did at the beginning or when they find themselves on their way upstate and are now in a dormitory like setting with 60 other inmates, many of whom can erupt or explode at any time. 

On 8/15/2018 at 1:56 PM, Just New York said:

Most of the Time IT IS DELAYS! and ALOT OF TIMES WE DONT KNOW! WE ONLY KNOW WHAT RCC TELL US!... and what you mean stay clear of my types?!?!? with your "think you know it all attitude", you won't last... once you make it on the other side you will understand both sides as a passenger and a worker!

On 8/15/2018 at 6:48 PM, Mtatransit said:

Which is why I think B/O, T/O and C/O number should be easily visible to passengers riding. This way bad apples get complaints and good apples get complements. They shouldn’t be mixed in together. 

T/O don't have visible numbers!

On 8/15/2018 at 11:30 PM, Deucey said:

====

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! People fail to understand that the fronting really doesn't have any control.. once RCC tell us to do something, we have to do it whether we agree with it or not!.. WE DONT CALL THE SHOTS!

On 8/16/2018 at 7:50 AM, Just New York said:

HOW?!?!?!?!? I will help so how will i have a hard time?!?!?

Archived