Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
+Young+

B/O #9604 Hiring Process (TA)

+Young+

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 12/29/2020

The list for this exam has been published as of November 27th, 2019.

Here is the Notice of Examination for this specific exam in case anyone needs this for future reference.

TRAINING: See this thread for more information.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For the initial Pre-Employment packet: (Last Known - 500s)

NEXT SCHEDULED CLASS: TBA (To Be Announced)

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

For those of you who have not done so already, you might want to check out this and this YouTube video. Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, for those of you who need to obtain your Commercial Learners Permit (CLP): If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take your multiple-choice examinations, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!!

Message added by +Young+

9 hours ago, Brooklyn2020 said:

Long time lurker here first post. Anybody have any movement on this exam after sending in pre employent? Thanks

First of all, welcome to the Forums as a registered member!

Second, you are aware that the previous list (B/O Exam # 7612) is still active, right? If you look at the last page of that thread, folks are being called off of this list as well, in which they have priority since the initial examination for that exam was given first, and that list was published first, respectively.

Therefore, if I had to take an educated guess as far as a "time frame," once the holidays are over, hopefully within the next couple of weeks you should hear back from NYC Transit's HR Department.

Happy Holidays and welcome to the Forums!!

Thank you for the warm welcome and for explaining what is going on in dept. I have one more question if you dont mind answering. I was certified and send a pre employent packet back in october. I sent all of my paperwork in but recieved a responce that I was missing my driving abtract from another state and my air brakes certication. I have completed all of that and sent it in but when calling dcas i am hearing "You have been marked as not qualified for certification from this eligible list". Do you know what that means? Do you think I have to placed back on the list?

Thank again.

8 hours ago, Brooklyn2020 said:

Thank you for the warm welcome and for explaining what is going on in dept. I have one more question if you dont mind answering. I was certified and send a pre employent packet back in october. I sent all of my paperwork in but recieved a responce that I was missing my driving abtract from another state and my air brakes certication. I have completed all of that and sent it in but when calling dcas i am hearing "You have been marked as not qualified for certification from this eligible list". Do you know what that means? Do you think I have to placed back on the list?

Thank again.

You're more than welcome as far as the warm welcome is concerned!

Based on what you have said, your name has been removed from the list because you were missing those two things (driving abstract from another state and your air brakes certification). Therefore, if you want to continue, you have to restore your name back to the list. To do so, you can e-mail certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. When you do, make sure to include your full name, last four digits of your Social Security Number, Exam Number, List Number, and the reason why you're having your name restored to the list, which can be brief.

In addition, mind I ask, when did you you transfer your license from the other state to New York? The reason why is because the MTA looks at your abstract for the past three [3] years. So, argument sake, if you transferred your license from the other state to New York in mid-January of 2018, by the next time they send you the pre-employment packet, you won't have to worry about this.

Finally, would you mind sharing your list number please? Make sure to hide the last digit or two for identity purposes.

Good luck!!

Edited by +Young+

I transferred my license around mid march 2019 so I'm assuming I would have to submit another abstract. I have sent out the email like you suggested. Hopefully I hear back soon. If i was taking off the list would I have to wait until they request more names to be put back on?

My list number is 1xx

Thank you again 

3 minutes ago, Brooklyn2020 said:

I transferred my license around mid march 2019 so I'm assuming I would have to submit another abstract. I have sent out the email like you suggested. Hopefully I hear back soon. If i was taking off the list would I have to wait until they request more names to be put back on?

My list number is 1xx

Thank you again 

Okay, so for the entire pre-employment process, including when you get to Zerega for training, you will need an abstract from the other state which is less than 30 calendar days old. Since your name was taken off the list, you will have to wait until their HR Department requests a new "batch" or "group" of names from DCAS. Therefore, if I was you, keep an eye out on this webpage. If you type "Bus Operator" into the search box, you will see the last "batch" or "group" of names that the HR Department requested from DCAS.

(In addition, you might find this webpage useful as well.)

Good luck!!

Happy and healthy new year everyone. A couple months ago, I responded to the TA by requesting they bypass my list number (not ready). When do they normally revisit this and call on my number again? 

They don't. You have to call them within a year of you telling them that you wasn't ready and they will reinstate your list number. Only then will they come back to you.