B/O #9604 Hiring Process (TA)

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.ad709944b622affec9979d37954c1e50.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9604

List Status:  This list has been established as of November 27, 2019, with an expiration date, as of now, of November 27th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.19 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

On 6/25/2021 at 1:04 PM, KDGallagher said:

Do most students qualify on day 7? 

After getting hired and being placed on probation, how likely is it to not make it past probation? Is it easy to get laid off or must you really screw up BADLY? 

Answered in another thread. No need to multi post. 

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MTA just called me….they said they are letting me to know I am on the hiring list and I should be getting an email within the next few weeks about the next steps. It’s not a job offer don’t quit your job but in the next few weeks I should be hearing from them. If I don’t get the email they gave me two numbers to call. 

Here’s the issue. I had a 2 point ticket from 2018 and I got a 4 point ticket 6 months ago in December. Giving me a total of 6 points. I took the defensive course that says it allows up to 4 points to be reduced. I should have 2 points, my record still says 6. Someone at the DMV told me I technically have 0 and the 6 points showing are for insurance reasons and another guy told me that the course doesn’t take points off unless you’re close to suspension. Which is it lol and if it’s 6 points am I going to have an issue ?

3 hours ago, NMondi said:

Here’s the issue. I had a 2 point ticket from 2018 and I got a 4 point ticket 6 months ago in December. Giving me a total of 6 points. I took the defensive course that says it allows up to 4 points to be reduced. I should have 2 points, my record still says 6. Someone at the DMV told me I technically have 0 and the 6 points showing are for insurance reasons and another guy told me that the course doesn’t take points off unless you’re close to suspension. Which is it lol and if it’s 6 points am I going to have an issue ?

First of all, for the purpose of getting hired, those famous Defensive Driving Classes do not count. Therefore, whatever points you have, you just have to wait three [3] years for them to expire.

Mind I ask when in 2018 did you get your 2 point ticket? The reason why I'm asking is because the agency will hire you if you have up to four [4] points on your license. If you have five or more, you will not be able to proceed. Therefore, if I was you, I would run off your abstract, which they will also do, see what you have and take it from there. Just note that they look at the past three [3] years, so if you got your 2 point ticket on July 15th, 2018 or earlier, you should be good to go.

(If you live in New York, click here for more information on how to obtain your abstract online.)

Good luck!!

@+Young+ the 2 point ticket was 8-14-18(conviction date) I spoke with my friends mom who works in the in a SI yard and does 19A all the time and knows the point system. She told me that I am fine and the points won’t be held against me. You’re allowed 6 points or less BUT they also go by the last 18 months of a conviction. I can have 6 points and under Within a 18 month conviction period. My abstract will still show all 6 points but MTA will only count last 18 months but either way 18 months or 6 points I’m good.

I just received a call from mta. I am waiting for the email now. They have vacancies right now   I scored an 80-85. List number 10XX. I am studying for permit right now.permit Test on July 28.    Third time . I need to take my time.  I rushed too much. Anyone received a call from mta?. It was private number. 

Question after pre screening and drugs test and  and other processes.  after class and training, do we choose our location or they choose for us?

Edited by mattfutureconductor5

1 minute ago, NMondi said:

@mattfutureconductor5 I got the call Wednesday, got the email Thursday I sent the paper work in via email and have to go down to processing on the 30th

Still need to get my permit.   I hope I passed this time ..30 this month? Or Sept?.  I may be delayed just a little bit since dmv is not open to public yet. You have to make reservations..is it open full hour with no appointment?.

6 minutes ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

Question after pre screening and drugs test and  and other processes.  after class and training, do we choose our location or they choose for us?

For those who make it through the 10-Day Training Session, they will have a mini "pick," in list number order. At this mini "pick," you will be able to choose your location depending on the number of vacancies that are available at the depots.

1 minute ago, NMondi said:

I got the call Wednesday, got the email Thursday I sent the paper work in via email and have to go down to processing on the 30th

Congrats! And your list number is 10**, which is from 1000 to 1099, right?

1 minute ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

Still need to get my permit.   I hope I passed this time ..30 this month? Or Sept?.  I may be delayed just a little bit since dmv is not open to public yet. You have to make reservations..is it open full hour with no appointment?.

To my knowledge you still need to make an appointment...the link is in the green announcement box at the top of this webpage.

Good luck!!

@mattfutureconductor5 yeah July 30th I gotta go. I would definitely work on getting that permit ASAP. Heard they are rushing through classes quick they want 1,000 hires by January. If you don’t have the permit at the appointment date I think they remove you from the list or put you on the bottom of the list. And he’s my list number was 11**

15 minutes ago, NMondi said:

@mattfutureconductor5 yeah July 30th I gotta go. I would definitely work on getting that permit ASAP. Heard they are rushing through classes quick they want 1,000 hires by January. If you don’t have the permit at the appointment date I think they remove you from the list or put you on the bottom of the list. And he’s my list number was 11**

Thanks for the heads up . Taking it in four day now so  four day to study...

41 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

For those who make it through the 10-Day Training Session, they will have a mini "pick," in list number order. At this mini "pick," you will be able to choose your location depending on the number of vacancies that are available at the depots.

Congrats! And your list number is 10**, which is from 1000 to 1099, right?

To my knowledge you still need to make an appointment...the link is in the green announcement box at the top of this webpage.

Good luck!!

Thanks you what  are permit parts again. the city bus take: knowledge test,air brake test and Passenger endorsement test. Trying to be ready because I don't have lot of time to study . I  will make it works out ..

1 hour ago, +Young+ said:

Also be prepared to go to Staten Island or Queens. 

1 hour ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

Thanks you what  are permit parts again. the city bus take: knowledge test,air brake test and Passenger endorsement test. Trying to be ready because I don't have lot of time to study . I  will make it works out ..

Oh nevermind....  I saw it in top of page green section. My phone is too small.  Three parts only because I am studying so I don't want to study trailer and hazmat and combination part. Ionly got three day to study now. So tired today from delivering amazon package.  

1 hour ago, mattfutureconductor5 said:

They give me a number but I left it on my work phone . Does it anyone know the number to call if I don't receive the email from MTA?

First of all, as per the guidelines, if you can refrain from "bumping topics," it would be appreciated. After all, you made three [3] consecutive posts in this topic within three calendar days, so just try to be careful in the future.

I do not have the phone number handy, however, to make a long story short, they will ask you to fill out this PDF packet, which you can save on your desktop/laptop/tablet, and e-mail it back to employmentcenterbuses@nyct.com or employmentcenter@nyct.com.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask, preferably in one post, compared to three posts.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

First of all, as per the guidelines, if you can refrain from "bumping topics," it would be appreciated. After all, you made three [3] consecutive posts in this topic within three calendar days, so just try to be careful in the future.

I do not have the phone number handy, however, to make a long story short, they will ask you to fill out this PDF packet, which you can save on your desktop/laptop/tablet, and e-mail it back to employmentcenterbuses@nyct.com or employmentcenter@nyct.com.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask, preferably in one post, compared to three posts.

Thanks!

No problem apologize, as you know trying to type  eight paragraph is hard on a phone but if it on laptop and computer different story. Don't mean to bump topic or spam. I just forgot to mention it. . my amazon work phone, we don't bring it home..  I save it on the phone that we used to scanned package. Forgot to take pic of that phone number. Ugh.  

2 hours ago, NMondi said:

It’s whenever they have a need. They are short about 150 drivers in all Boros. You’re placed wherever they have a need. My friends fiancé just came out of training and got Manhattan.

This pretty much. You, a part of, or your entire class can be forced to go to SI or Queens. When I started, my entire class went.