B/O #9604 Hiring Process (TA)

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.ad709944b622affec9979d37954c1e50.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9604

List Status:  This list has been established as of November 27, 2019, with an expiration date, as of now, of November 27th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.19 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, train1290 said:

Im Going this upcoming Monday, August 2, 2021 at 7:45a.m. I just hope its not an all day thing waiting at 180 livingston street?

You might spend at least 2-5hrs depending on how many people before you and time to report. But that depends on if you have all your ducks in a row before you get to livingston.

2 hours ago, misslo said:

You might spend at least 2-5hrs depending on how many people before you and time to report. But that depends on if you have all your ducks in a row before you get to livingston.

I know, but given due to covid and if you have all your paperwork in order and what not, it shouldnt take no more than 2 Hours just to pee in a cup.

6 hours ago, train1290 said:

I know, but given due to covid and if you have all your paperwork in order and what not, it shouldnt take no more than 2 Hours just to pee in a cup.

i already did my medical and if i recall i had to be there around 6:30 am and i think i left at or around 11:30. Also youre not just peeing in a cup. you have other people there as well as well actual MTA workers who wants medical for whatever reason.

I was Originally called on 06/10. They called texted, and email. I went to 180 Livingston on June 15th to do the drug test. On June 17th at 8:45 am I received a call from one of their staff analysts saying that I missed an appointment for the physical. I explained that I just did the Drug test less than 2 days and he said that they called and spoke to me, which did not happen. Then he said they sent an email that should have his first and last name as the sender not the usual NYCT employment. The e mail went to junk mail since it was sent from a different email. I asked to go to do the test but he instructed me that the class is starting in 3 days and because of Juneteenth holiday, I have to reach out to DCAS and restore my name. 

I reached out to DCAS who said that my name is already on the list. I emailed NYCT 3 times and heard nothing from them. I went to 180 Livingston 3 times only to be told that: " there is no vacancies for TA Bus Operators" despite seeing other candidates who were 300 numbers after me on the list there and when I told them that they said that this is misinformation. The numbers  were clear; there was no misinformation there they started classes on June 20th, July 4th, July 18th. 

Since I was receiving generic messages from them, I started doing interviews for other jobs. Thankfully, I received an offer for a job with private company. Now, I was contacted by them to go do the preemployment again with no clear indications of when I will be called to do the physical or what method of communication will they use this time ( some applicants get emails, some get phone calls). 

Now, I have to respond to the other job offer from the private company but I am worried that if I refuse it, I will not get the NYCT call and I end up losing both.

They seem to operate with no oversight or standard procedure and no regards to anything. Their staff analysts and labor relations analysts do not respond to inquiries as if these inquiries are from street beggars disrupting their post pandemic dine out. Is there any one in charge of the hiring unit that we can reach out to to improve the dismal hiring procedures? Are the staff analysts held to any professional standards or even common human decency? 

4 hours ago, Driver 123 said:

I was Originally called on 06/10. They called texted, and email. I went to 180 Livingston on June 15th to do the drug test. On June 17th at 8:45 am I received a call from one of their staff analysts saying that I missed an appointment for the physical. I explained that I just did the Drug test less than 2 days and he said that they called and spoke to me, which did not happen. Then he said they sent an email that should have his first and last name as the sender not the usual NYCT employment. The e mail went to junk mail since it was sent from a different email. I asked to go to do the test but he instructed me that the class is starting in 3 days and because of Juneteenth holiday, I have to reach out to DCAS and restore my name. 

I reached out to DCAS who said that my name is already on the list. I emailed NYCT 3 times and heard nothing from them. I went to 180 Livingston 3 times only to be told that: " there is no vacancies for TA Bus Operators" despite seeing other candidates who were 300 numbers after me on the list there and when I told them that they said that this is misinformation. The numbers  were clear; there was no misinformation there they started classes on June 20th, July 4th, July 18th. 

Since I was receiving generic messages from them, I started doing interviews for other jobs. Thankfully, I received an offer for a job with private company. Now, I was contacted by them to go do the preemployment again with no clear indications of when I will be called to do the physical or what method of communication will they use this time ( some applicants get emails, some get phone calls). 

Now, I have to respond to the other job offer from the private company but I am worried that if I refuse it, I will not get the NYCT call and I end up losing both.

They seem to operate with no oversight or standard procedure and no regards to anything. Their staff analysts and labor relations analysts do not respond to inquiries as if these inquiries are from street beggars disrupting their post pandemic dine out. Is there any one in charge of the hiring unit that we can reach out to to improve the dismal hiring procedures? Are the staff analysts held to any professional standards or even common human decency? 

First, welcome to the Forums!

Second, have you tried reaching out to the "higher ups," whose contact information can be viewed here?

Finally, if you still feel annoyed, in which you feel like you got (f-word) in more than one way, which seems to be the case, I would type a direct letter to Governor Cuomo, the Federal Transit Administration and Sen. Chuck Schumer. To make a long story short, I also got (f-word) by them as well, and, as a result of reaching out to these folks, not only are they looking into my situation, but I could tell that what I went through will never happen again. The more information you disclose in these letters, the better it will be.

(For Gov. Cuomo and the Federal Transit Administration - their mailing address are located at the bottom of the webpages. If you decide to mail the same letter to Sen. Schumer, just make sure you include this Privacy Waiver form as well.)

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

22 hours ago, Lourdetrailor said:

Hello all! First time posting! I am a little confuse regarding the pre employment docs. Do I have to email them ahead on the appointment date or bring them with me? Thank you! 

Welcome to the Forums!

When you submit the pre-employment documents, you do have to e-mail a copy, or a picture, of your license, social security card and passport. In addition, when they invite you down to 180 Livingston Street, you also have to bring them with you as well.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

-Young

Edited by +Young+
Typographical correction

20 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Welcome to the Forums!

When you submit the pre-employment documents, you do have to e-mail a copy, or a picture, of your license, social security card and passport. In addition, when they invite you down to 180 Livingston Street, you also have to bring them with you as well.

-Young

Thank you! Also, is the email to send docs is employmentcenterbuses@nyct.com? Or email the person who send the invitation? 

On 7/27/2021 at 8:30 PM, train1290 said:

Im Going this upcoming Monday, August 2, 2021 at 7:45a.m. I just hope its not an all day thing waiting at 180 livingston street?

Morning should be quick. I suggest come earlier And wait. I been here since 10am and still not done.

Edited by mattfutureconductor5

On 7/28/2021 at 4:37 PM, Driver 123 said:

Same thing happened to me, they put me on medical hold for something that I knew I didn’t have. I cleared the medical hold 5 days before my class started and the person who invited me to 180 Livingston nor the employment center staff ever replied to my emails or answered my phone calls to make the appointment to go and take the paperwork before my class starting date. Suddenly 4 days after my class started Nov.8 they replied made the appointment after I finished doing everything it was completely silence from them going back to not answering again at last after two weeks the person who invited me said there were no more class until January and I would be call then… time passed until April me calling repeatedly I received the pre-employment application again I sent it back not response, appointment or anything I keep calling and investigating what is going on. A Good Samaritan inside the staff told me to email employment center again and explain everything to them and after 3 days I emailed them they replied saying my name was out of the list since Nov. due to the medical hold and to email DCAS to restore my name which I did and now when I called again to see what’s going on now that my name is restored they said you have to do everything all over again because the 90 days passed. Remind you I’m on the 200’s and I know people in the 500’s already finishing line training.

It is unfortunate what they’re doing and the communications are terrible. I never knew I was out of the list until now because that person never informed me about it nor instructed me to refer to DCAS for restoration of name in such a long period of times where so many classes had begun.

2 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Welcome to the Forums!

-Young

I emailed the sender of the email +Young+ to confirm ill be there this coming up Monday. So who do we email the pre employment documents to?