B/O #9604 Hiring Process (TA)

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.ad709944b622affec9979d37954c1e50.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9604

List Status:  This list has been established as of November 27, 2019, with an expiration date, as of now, of November 27th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.19 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

1 hour ago, Flatbush Operator said:

What do you mean by "They passed me already because I don't have my full CDL(NJ)"? Do you currently have a CDL permit or no CDL at all? 

At the time I sent the pre-employment application I had no CDL at all. Now I have the permit. But since I’m a NJ resident I have to have my full CDL to get in. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, train1290 said:

Hi guys, so I just came back from Zerega a little while ago. Mostly paperwork and instructions. So, I got Fresh Pond Depot, which lucky for me thats 10 mins away from my house and first they told me to see superintendant King. But then they said to report to superintendant Bosco. Anybody every have this superintendant?

Bosco is a mad chill superintendent, he's a heavy set white guy with a bald spot up top and he wears glasses. Just listen to what he says and do what he says and you'll be ight. 

1 hour ago, dman1455 said:

Bosco is a mad chill superintendent, he's a heavy set white guy with a bald spot up top and he wears glasses. Just listen to what he says and do what he says and you'll be ight. 

Ok, I'll do as he says, BTW, today they said we'll probably be doing day 6 and day 7 in Manhattan. Would anyone on the off chance have the route for Manhattan?

3 hours ago, train1290 said:

Ok, I'll do as he says, BTW, today they said we'll probably be doing day 6 and day 7 in Manhattan. Would anyone on the off chance have the route for Manhattan?

I don’t have the exact route I remember it was I think 125 st all the way down to the battery. With turns all over. I could be wrong but I seem to remember that 

6 hours ago, train1290 said:

Day 6 is going to be between Midtown and the East Village. You will do the left from 14th Street to Park Avenue and the left from Park onto 25th Street.

Day 7 is wherever the superintendent takes you. If they are doing equipment training on Day 7, expect to wind up in Upper Manhattan. East of 5th Ave and between 125 and 86th Streets.

10 hours ago, train1290 said:

Hi guys, so I just came back from Zerega a little while ago. Mostly paperwork and instructions. So, I got Fresh Pond Depot, which lucky for me thats 10 mins away from my house and first they told me to see superintendant King. But then they said to report to superintendant Bosco. Anybody every have this superintendant?

Didn't have him as my instructor but he did show up at Eastchester to help us with our road test prep. He was also the superintendent who gave me my first check ride. Cool guy.

1 hour ago, Kkg said:

I was sent to get a permit and p endorsement, i got it but no one is answering the phone at the employment center to reschedule, any advice?

First of all, welcome to the Forums! Glad to have you on board.

Second, have you considered reaching out to the "higher ups," whose contact information can be viewed here? One of the things they are going to do after you submit your paperwork electronically is run your **abstract**. Therefore, if you don't have the proper credentials, you will not be given an appointment, and probably no chance to reschedule until you have the proper credentials.

**As far as the abstract is concerned, if you live in New York, you can either have the CDL (Commercial Drivers License) or the CLP (Commercial Learners Permit) with the  proper credentials, which are described in detail in the green announcement box at the top of the webpage. If you live in New Jersey, Connecticut or Pennsylvania, you must have your Class B CDL with the proper credentials, in which you will also be required to electronically send a copy of your abstract as well, which must be less than thirty (30) days old.**

Good luck!!

9 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

Didn't have him as my instructor but he did show up at Eastchester to help us with our road test prep. He was also the superintendent who gave me my first check ride. Cool guy.

Is he the Superintendent/Instructor in this and this YouTube video? Just curious...

Edited by +Young+

6 hours ago, +Young+ said:

First of all, welcome to the Forums! Glad to have you on board.

Second, have you considered reaching out to the "higher ups," whose contact information can be viewed here? One of the things they are going to do after you submit your paperwork electronically is run your **abstract**. Therefore, if you don't have the proper credentials, you will not be given an appointment, and probably no chance to reschedule until you have the proper credentials.

**As far as the abstract is concerned, if you live in New York, you can either have the CDL (Commercial Drivers License) or the CLP (Commercial Learners Permit) with the  proper credentials, which are described in detail in the green announcement box at the top of the webpage. If you live in New Jersey, Connecticut or Pennsylvania, you must have your Class B CDL with the proper credentials, in which you will also be required to electronically send a copy of your abstract as well, which must be less than thirty (30) days old.**

Good luck!!

Is he the Superintendent/Instructor in this and this YouTube video? Just curious...

No he's not.

17 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Day 6 is going to be between Midtown and the East Village. You will do the left from 14th Street to Park Avenue and the left from Park onto 25th Street.

Day 7 is wherever the superintendent takes you. If they are doing equipment training on Day 7, expect to wind up in Upper Manhattan. East of 5th Ave and between 125 and 86th Streets.

Ok Thank you SevenEleven.

12 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

Nah, but I did have him for my initial 7 days. Real stand-up guy. Funny as hell too.

So Day 2 was today, well the only problems im having is not covering my right side, Drifting as my instructor calls it instead of keeping my wheel straight before making turns either left or right. He said to pretend I'm going straight and before im going to turn, stop and line up my referance point, then start the turn. And, I'm not scanning my mirrors every 3-5 seconds.

1 hour ago, train1290 said:

So Day 2 was today, well the only problems im having is not covering my right side, Drifting as my instructor calls it instead of keeping my wheel straight before making turns either left or right. He said to pretend I'm going straight and before im going to turn, stop and line up my referance point, then start the turn. And, I'm not scanning my mirrors every 3-5 seconds.

So take what he said into consideration and what he wrote on your sheet and try to correct them tomorrow. The first 5 days are teaching days. So try to absorb and learn. Good luck. 

1 hour ago, train1290 said:

How many people are you training with? 

how was it driving the bus for the first time? What did they have y’all doing today?

27 minutes ago, KDGallagher said:

How many people are you training with? 

how was it driving the bus for the first time? What did they have y’all doing today?

It's 4 of us.

It wasn't too bad, i just have to get used to push and pull going from the top to bottom of the steering wheel. I have to cover my right side....get that 4 feet of space on my right. And, I have to scan my mirrors. Also, I have to stop turning before i get to my reference point otherwise my turns are too wide.