B/O #9604 Hiring Process (TA)

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.ad709944b622affec9979d37954c1e50.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9604

List Status:  This list has been established as of November 27, 2019, with an expiration date, as of now, of November 27th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.19 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

10 minutes ago, BoRi1976 said:

Congrats and good luck. Can I ask you a question. When you went in for medical appointment and was sent the email, did they ask you to fill out a health questionaire? When I click on it, it takes me to a page called Cority Health questionaire but there are like 17 questionaires. Which one do we need to fill out? Thx in advance and congrats👍

Thanks. Yes the health questionaire that's in your email from transit, click on the link and follow the directions in the email and in the link. Good Luck!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ActionMike said:

What health questionnaire? When I go to the MAC it’s on the computer screen, this must be new, what do the questions ask? 

It's basically a questionaire for new hires that they make you complete online before going to 180 livingston street. They ask questions about covid; have you tested positvie for covid-19? Where you in close proximity to someone who has covid-19? Those types of questions!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

9 minutes ago, train1290 said:

Thanks. Yes the health questionaire that's in your email from transit, click on the link and follow the directions in the email and in the link. Good Luck!

I did but there are 17 health questionaires. It takes me to a cority health page. The covid one I'm aware of but this is baffling. Thx

I guess it’s something new to ask the health questions online, when I started we sat in front of the computer and answered them, they are yes or no questions. The Mac doctor will go over the questionnaire again with you at your appt. How is your neck is it 17 or over?  Than the doctor will want a sleep study completed to proceed 

54 minutes ago, ActionMike said:

I guess it’s something new to ask the health questions online, when I started we sat in front of the computer and answered them, they are yes or no questions. The Mac doctor will go over the questionnaire again with you at your appt. How is your neck is it 17 or over?  Than the doctor will want a sleep study completed to proceed 

I'm about 15 ³/⁴ to 16 on the neck about 236lbs and 6'2 in height. Thanks for your reply. I guess I'll just do the health questionaire on their computers. I seen people doing it there.

3 hours ago, train1290 said:

Will the instructor give us pointers about what to do or its up to us to know what to do what we have been taught? 

It will be up to you, they expect that you have corrected your mistakes by day 6

They want to see that you have the basics down and are driving safely at all times.

Hope you pass 👍

On 8/22/2021 at 10:08 AM, train1290 said:

Oh, so on day 6 the instructor made you focus more on forward planning, and covering your right side?

Yes, I will take my time, and plan it out before hand before executing my turn.

Thank you hh1a.

Would you happen to know the route for day 6?

I was in upper manhattan, but I don't recall the streets, but I did have some acute turns which were quite difficult

8 minutes ago, hh1a said:

I was in upper manhattan, but I don't recall the streets, but I did have some acute turns which were quite difficult

The turns are difficult because they want you to learn, if you can’t do it with a instructor there imagine by yourself with a bus full of passengers. Who would you call? It’s all to train you properly.

9 hours ago, train1290 said:

So just got back a little while ago, We were in Manhattan driving around central park and the upper east side. And we drove a few times through the traverse underneath central park. I messed up while turning right from central park west onto 86 street. I drifted and turned before I lined up my reference point. We also, did some highway driving. That I did good on so, going forward with tomorrow, I'm going to keep my bus straight and line up my reference point and not turn until I'm at the proper point. I know tomorrow we have to do good along with day 7 to qualify, I just have one question. Will the instructor give us pointers about what to do or its up to us to know what to do what we have been taught? 

Day 6 and 7 is do or die. No pointers. You're being tested on what you've learned! 

I bombed on day 6 because I wasn't watching a certain flashing walk signal that was all the way across the street when I was looking at the turn signal ahead of me turn yellow just as I approached the intersection and got trolley braked. I had to wait until day 9 to finally qualify.

Keep your eyes open and catch all the details!

Hello to all and good luck to all with their Medicals and training. I think I'm done trying for this position. After all that I've been through to try and keep myself healthy.... now they want a damn sleep study. SmH. They wanna put me on medical hold. I don't think I'm wasting my time on this anymore. I'm usually don't get stressed but damn. Anyway sorry for the rant. Stay safe people✌

45 minutes ago, BoRi1976 said:

Hello to all and good luck to all with their Medicals and training. I think I'm done trying for this position. After all that I've been through to try and keep myself healthy.... now they want a damn sleep study. SmH. They wanna put me on medical hold. I don't think I'm wasting my time on this anymore. I'm usually don't get stressed but damn. Anyway sorry for the rant. Stay safe people✌

Why are they sending you for the sleep study? 

if you don't mind me asking, how much do you weigh/height?

I've read on here if your neck is larger than a certain size they automatically send you for that test, wonder how true that is. 

4 hours ago, KDGallagher said:

I've read on here if your neck is larger than a certain size they automatically send you for that test, wonder how true that is. 

You had to fill out a sleep questionnaire, what did you put down? What was your BMI? The doctors use neck size, BMI & the answers from Your sleep questionaire to make the decision to send for you the sleep study or not. 

14 hours ago, SoSpectacular said:

Day 6 and 7 is do or die. No pointers. You're being tested on what you've learned! 

I bombed on day 6 because I wasn't watching a certain flashing walk signal that was all the way across the street when I was looking at the turn signal ahead of me turn yellow just as I approached the intersection and got trolley braked. I had to wait until day 9 to finally qualify.

Keep your eyes open and catch all the details!

Hello, we did day 6 today around union square, park avenue, 34th street, everything went good today, thank goodness. One more day, wish me luck guys!

5 hours ago, BoRi1976 said:

Darn, sorry to hear that, I wish you the best of luck. Don't feel bad.

6 hours ago, KDGallagher said:

Neck size can't be more than 17. Im 6'2 and weight 230. Its just a precaution on their part. Just sucks cause I feel like I'm jumping hurdle after hurdle. Good luck to ya

2 hours ago, ActionMike said:

You had to fill out a sleep questionnaire, what did you put down? What was your BMI? The doctors use neck size, BMI & the answers from Your sleep questionaire to make the decision to send for you the sleep study or not. 

I filled out the questionnaire. Everything was smooth sailing until the doc measured my neck. 17 and my height is 6'2 and weight 230

35 minutes ago, BoRi1976 said:

No worries. I guess its not meant for me. But good luck to ya. 

It’s a good job, get a sleep study, it’s 50/50, either you have it or not, if you don’t have it just summit it to the doctors and you’ll be fine, if you have it you have to use the machine and be 70% for 30 days. Good luck to u on whatever you choice 

17 minutes ago, ActionMike said:

It’s a good job, get a sleep study, it’s 50/50, either you have it or not, if you don’t have it just summit it to the doctors and you’ll be fine, if you have it you have to use the machine and be 70% for 30 days. Good luck to u on whatever you choice 

You lost me on 70% for 30 days🤣 but thx