B/O #9604 Hiring Process (TA)

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.ad709944b622affec9979d37954c1e50.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9604

List Status:  This list has been established as of November 27, 2019, with an expiration date, as of now, of November 27th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.19 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know how to restore my name to the list for this exam? 

My list number is 7*, I assume this list is in the 500s-600s by now, would I be placed at the top of the list assuming I'm put back on the list? How does list restoration work? 

edit: Forgot I had emailed the MTA back in December about this and they sent me this: 

Thank you for contacting our office.

Kindly reach out to DCAS via email and request to have your name restored to the cert for future hiring.

Please provide your full name, last 4 digits of your SSN, Exam #, list #, and a brief statement requesting to have your name restored back to the Bus Op cert list.

The email address is certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov

Thank you and stay safe.

Employment Operations

MTA NYCT Human Resources

Edited by KDGallagher

46 minutes ago, KDGallagher said:

Does anyone know how to restore my name to the list for this exam? 

My list number is 7*, I assume this list is in the 500s-600s by now, would I be placed at the top of the list assuming I'm put back on the list? How does list restoration work?

Between what they sent you and what is in the green announcement box at the top of the webpage, the instructions should be self-explanatory.

To make a long story short: If you type "Bus Operator" into the search box of this webpage, you will see that those folks who restored their name to the list for B/O Exam 4600 got first preference, since this list was published first, followed by the folks from B/O Exam 7612, since this list was published next, followed by the person from this examination, before they started calling in sequential order off of this list (594, 595, 596, 597, etc.) Therefore, your name will be placed at the "top of the list" for this list. Just keep in mind that the 4600 list doesn't expire until this January, and the 7612 list doesn't expire until next October, providing they do not extend that list.

On 8/30/2021 at 4:32 PM, +Young+ said:

Between what they sent you and what is in the green announcement box at the top of the webpage, the instructions should be self-explanatory.

To make a long story short: If you type "Bus Operator" into the search box of this webpage, you will see that those folks who restored their name to the list for B/O Exam 4600 got first preference, since this list was published first, followed by the folks from B/O Exam 7612, since this list was published next, followed by the person from this examination, before they started calling in sequential order off of this list (594, 595, 596, 597, etc.) Therefore, your name will be placed at the "top of the list" for this list. Just keep in mind that the 4600 list doesn't expire until this January, and the 7612 list doesn't expire until next October, providing they do not extend that list.

After emailing them, should I expect a response/confirmation? Only thing I've received has been an automated email response saying they're out of office and a bunch of DCAS email addresses to email if I need certain services

On 8/23/2021 at 2:01 PM, BoRi1976 said:

Hello and good luck to everyone here. I have 3 questions I need assistance with, I'm hoping I can find answers here. Let me explain my situation.... I went to 180 Livingston on 8/13/21 and completed the 1st phase of pre-employment. Now I received an email asking me to show up to 180 Livingston on 8/24/21 for the 2nd phase of the process (which I believe is the Medical portion of it) Now here is my problem..... on the email, it states that I need to complete the online health questionaire, which the link is in the email... when I click on the link, it takes me to a web page thats called Cority health questionaire.... here's my question.... what is the MAC (Medical Assessment Center) I'm thinking MTAHQ, but I'm not sure... 2nd question... which health questionaire do I need to fill out? There are 17 questionaires and I'm not sure which is the one thats needed. In my email, it said instructions are attached but all I see is a CPD Booklet (21 pages) I9 Forms (3 pages) and the New TA Hire booklet (18 pages) in PDF format, which I printed out and completed it..  And my 3rd question... I've seen people mention money orders for fingerprinting but that wasn't mentioned in my email.... so is this the 3rd phase of the hiring process?This is for Exam 9604 B/O. Thanks in advance and hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

Good morning the money order it’s for fingerprints, the health questionnaire is to know if you have any COVID symptoms(the regular they do anywhere) and yes the instructions are attached you have to look for them carefully.

14 hours ago, KDGallagher said:

After emailing them, should I expect a response/confirmation? Only thing I've received has been an automated email response saying they're out of office and a bunch of DCAS email addresses to email if I need certain services

DCAS will sent you a confirmation email showing that your name is on the list again, then you would have to contact Livingston (in my case it has been hard to get in contact after I restored my name on the list and they haven’t called me or email yet)

Good afternoon, so I have a question here. I already did urine test and I already went through medical exams and fingerprints. I have a training class schedule on Sept, 12, but just today I received an email stating that I previously canvassed from this list but did not complete the hiring process.

Should I ignore this email?

Reached out to get my name put back on the list a few days ago and received this email today from the MTA:

mta.png

I've emailed DCAS first and a day after I reached out via email to a few people over at the MTA. I assume this email is a result of me reaching out to the MTA as they say they're contacting DCAS on my behalf. 

For those interested in reinstating your name, I recommend going the route of reaching out to the MTA. Posted their email as there's info in it that may be helpful to others. 

Two people I reached out to were Ms E. Rivera & Ms Patricia Lodge. 

Looking forward to starting the process 

4 hours ago, Boeing said:

Good afternoon, so I have a question here. I already did urine test and I already went through medical exams and fingerprints. I have a training class schedule on Sept, 12, but just today I received an email stating that I previously canvassed from this list but did not complete the hiring process.

Should I ignore this email?

I don't know whats going on here. I just left and also got assigned to that sept 12 class and got the same exact email as I left 180 Livingston. Very confusing