Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

B/O #9604 Hiring Process (TA)


+Young+
 Share

Message added by +Young+

LIST STATUS UPDATE: 4/27/2021

The list for this exam has been published as of November 27th, 2019.

Here is the Notice of Examination for this specific exam in case anyone needs this for future reference.

TRAINING: See this thread for more information.

HIGHEST LIST # CALLED: For the initial Pre-Employment packet: (Last Known - 500s)

For those of you who missed your initial appointment for whatever reason and wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

NEXT SCHEDULED CLASS: TBA (To Be Announced)

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

For those of you who have not done so already, you might want to check out this and this YouTube video. Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, for those of you who need to obtain your Commercial Learners Permit (CLP): If you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take your multiple-choice examinations, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!!

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

The 77 only existed when I had to take it to school 😂😂

Lmao. I used to pick my brother up from that middle school on the Conduit years ago. Good times watching those buses come around 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2021 at 5:56 PM, KDGallagher said:

Reached out to get my name put back on the list a few days ago and received this email today from the MTA:

mta.png

I've emailed DCAS first and a day after I reached out via email to a few people over at the MTA. I assume this email is a result of me reaching out to the MTA as they say they're contacting DCAS on my behalf.

I actually got the e-mail as well, in addition to a letter in the mail from their "Examinations Unit" as well which contained the same thing. From reading what you wrote, I would not be surprised if most of the people on this open-competitive list got this message, with the hope that their "Employment Operations" will be more successful in filling their Bus Operator vacancies. However, we'll see what happens as time progresses.

Edited by +Young+
Spelling Correction
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, train1290 said:

Ok, and with the school tripper routes, how is that than?

I just checked and Jamaica doesn't have any school trippers on routes outside of what I mentioned above.

So you're good there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2021 at 7:15 PM, SevenEleven said:

I just checked and Jamaica doesn't have any school trippers on routes outside of what I mentioned above.

So you're good there.

Ok, so that means I won't have to pick up children from schools, Or something else? Im Kinda confused.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, train1290 said:

Ok, so that means I won't have to pick up children from schools, Or something else? Im Kinda confused.

Focus on learning the routes while line training. After you will get to learn more other  things within the dept of buses such as picking and hours. The main thing you should be focusing right now is learning the routes, everything else will come in play later.

Edited by Flatbush Operator
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Flatbush Operator said:

Focus on learning the routes while line training. After you will get to learn more other  things within the dept of buses such as picking and hours. The main thing you should be focusing right now is learning the routes, everything else will come in play later.

ok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2021 at 11:27 PM, train1290 said:

Ok, so that means I won't have to pick up children from schools, Or something else? Im Kinda confused.

Don't worry about school runs until you're on your own. The instructions for those are usually included with the paddle reports, but I would recommend asking a senior operator to learn more about a particular school. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2021 at 5:10 PM, +Young+ said:

I actually got the e-mail as well, in addition to a letter in the mail from their "Examinations Unit" as well which contained the same thing. From reading what you wrote, I would not be surprised if most of the people on this open-competitive list got this message, with the hope that their "Employment Operations" will be more successful in filling their Bus Operator vacancies. However, we'll see what happens as time progresses.

Hi, just wondering since "they" requested to restore our names for this exam, does that mean we have only (2) (two) restorations  remaining?

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/2/2021 at 8:15 PM, BoRi1976 said:

I don't know whats going on here. I just left and also got assigned to that sept 12 class and got the same exact email as I left 180 Livingston. Very confusing

Are you saying that the next Bus Operator class is for September 12 ?

I was reading previous posts to see when is the next class, if anyone knows when could you please let us know the next scheduled classes ?

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hh1a said:

Are you saying that the next Bus Operator class is for September 12 ?

I was reading previous posts to see when is the next class, if anyone knows when could you please let us know the next scheduled classes ?

Thanks

Good morning. Yes, Sept 12 is one of the classes for B/O. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Livinglife said:

Where are they at the list for the process?

I wouldn't know that. My list # was 9** hopefully that can give you an indication or someone can chime in with more info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Livinglife said:

Where are they at the list for the process?

 

16 minutes ago, BoRi1976 said:

I wouldn't know that. My list # was 9** hopefully that can give you an indication or someone can chime in with more info.

According to this website, in which you can type "Bus Operator" into the search box, from the agency's last certification in July, they were up to the 590's. We'll see what happens when the next certification rolls around...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is working in staten island like ? I understand you first line train on all the depots and train on the MCI busses. 

 

But are the hours more than 40 when you're on the xtra list? I like big runs or alot of hours. Is that available too (without touching your RDOs) ?

 

I'm considering going to staten island because it cuts my commute time. But if their hours are short ill just stay where im at. I love my depot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Moody said:

What is working in staten island like ? I understand you first line train on all the depots and train on the MCI busses. 

 

But are the hours more than 40 when you're on the xtra list? I like big runs or alot of hours. Is that available too (without touching your RDOs) ?

 

I'm considering going to staten island because it cuts my commute time. But if their hours are short ill just stay where im at. I love my depot. 

I would personally stay away from OT during probation. Do your 40 and keep it pushing. No need to risk accidents during probation but to each their own. Good luck👍

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BoRi1976 said:

I would personally stay away from OT during probation. Do your 40 and keep it pushing. No need to risk accidents during probation but to each their own. Good luck👍

But I'm sure you knew that already✌

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BoRi1976 said:

I would personally stay away from OT during probation. Do your 40 and keep it pushing. No need to risk accidents during probation but to each their own. Good luck👍

All probbies hit over 40 without working their rdos. But is it the same with staten Island? Thats my question.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Moody said:

What is working in staten island like ? I understand you first line train on all the depots and train on the MCI busses. 

 

But are the hours more than 40 when you're on the xtra list? I like big runs or alot of hours. Is that available too (without touching your RDOs) ?

 

I'm considering going to staten island because it cuts my commute time. But if their hours are short ill just stay where im at. I love my depot. 

It's still the country club. People are asleep by 10pm. You can make way over 40 easily. What's your target amount of hours? Also, less time spent on the commute means more time to work OT. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

It's still the country club. People are asleep by 10pm. You can make way over 40 easily. What's your target amount of hours? Also, less time spent on the commute means more time to work OT. 

I average around 49 hours. Usually 55. That's what I like. Thank you so muchm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Moody said:

I average around 49 hours. Usually 55. That's what I like. Thank you so muchm

So with this overtime thing, we have the option of either banking it, or cashing it out and getting time and a half pay. So, if you have a run that pays 49 hours can you bank that because its over 40 hrs, or it has to be unscheduled like working on one of your RDO's, or clearing late?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, train1290 said:

So with this overtime thing, we have the option of either banking it, or cashing it out and getting time and a half pay. So, if you have a run that pays 49 hours can you bank that because its over 40 hrs, or it has to be unscheduled like working on one of your RDO's, or clearing late?

Overtime is considered to be anything unscheduled. If your run pays 9:33, that's all straight. If you work after your clear time or during your swing, that's all overtime.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, train1290 said:

So with this overtime thing, we have the option of either banking it, or cashing it out and getting time and a half pay. So, if you have a run that pays 49 hours can you bank that because its over 40 hrs, or it has to be unscheduled like working on one of your RDO's, or clearing late?

As a probbie I want to get paid all my overtime. That's just me.  Later on when I'm able to set aside more money after probation I'll set my overtime to OTO.

 

Also at my depot if you don't use any AVAs then after 8 earned AVAs they will pay you all of them at once. That's pretty cool. 

 

Also if for example there's a holiday next week. And you don't want that AVA, you can opt to get paid that AVA for that pay period rather than waiting 8 AVAs to get paid. I didn't know that.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.