B/O #9604 Hiring Process (TA)

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.ad709944b622affec9979d37954c1e50.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9604

List Status:  This list has been established as of November 27, 2019, with an expiration date, as of now, of November 27th, 2023.

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $24.19 per hour for a 40-hour work week, increasing to $37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Complete) - For Medical: (Complete)

Next Training Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ, Handouts & DMV Road Test Prep Videos (if necessary)

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated October 13th, 2022)

21 hours ago, BoRi1976 said:

I would call continuously. That's the only way I got through. I would call and then hang up and try again nonstop. A lot of them are working from home. Eventually you'll get through. I did.

Hey thanks for the reply . Which nunber did you call ?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, BoRi1976 said:

I think this was the number I called (347)643-7413 Good Luck.

That is the number. What's funny is that when I try to call the other numbers, such as 347-643-8229/30/31/32, I'm greeted with "We're sorry. Your call can not be completed at this time. Please hang up and try your call again later." Meanwhile, when I call this number after 5 PM, I get their answering machine as if the phone number works fine! Interesting, right?

On 10/28/2021 at 9:26 AM, +Young+ said:

That is the number. What's funny is that when I try to call the other numbers, such as 347-643-8229/30/31/32, I'm greeted with "We're sorry. Your call can not be completed at this time. Please hang up and try your call again later." Meanwhile, when I call this number after 5 PM, I get their answering machine as if the phone number works fine! Interesting, right?

I really had it with the incompetence at "employment operations", how do they screen these people that work there. I believe you don't need a high school diploma to work there it seems. You can never get someone on the phone, and when someone actually picks up they want to transfer you to someone else.

I wonder if its always been like this or has it gotten worse since reopening from the pandemic. It's a shame, the only thing I can think of that is worse than this is the corrupt politicians raping the treasury and using our tax dollars as their own piggy bank and screwing the tax payer.

10 minutes ago, hh1a said:

I really had it with the incompetence at "employment operations", how do they screen these people that work there. I believe you don't need a high school diploma to work there it seems. You can never get someone on the phone, and when someone actually picks up they want to transfer you to someone else.

I wonder if its always been like this or has it gotten worse since reopening from the pandemic. It's a shame, the only thing I can think of that is worse than this is the corrupt politicians raping the treasury and using our tax dollars as their own piggy bank and screwing the tax payer.

You're not the only one...If you send me a Private Message (PM), I'll share more "stories" about the incompetence...trust me, it's good! And it won't be a "trick" either!

things surely have changed before they only wanted 10 years of work history i'm not sure who approved this change but going all they way back to when you were in high school is a bit much and lot of work the lady told one guy he had 20 minutes to figure it out or she was going to skip him there are some people who just put unemployed because they forgot where or who they worked for during the time frame 

this is why all employers should use the work number so that former employees can verify work history 

Edited by Suydam Street

On 10/30/2021 at 4:00 PM, hh1a said:

Keep in mind, 180 Livingston is a very busy location handling every employment process besides B/O. Sometimes it's best you just email and wait. If that doesn't work just show up over there. The staff over there are also overwhelm. The beginning of employment process sucks, but afterwards you won't have to deal with it when you're fully hired. Just think of 180 as another DMV hot mess.   

Edited by Flatbush Operator

On the 27th of October I went for my drug test and to submit the pre employment application.

Last night and this afternoon, I received an email from NYCT inviting me to come down for day 1 processing, the very same email I received inviting me to come down on the 27th for the email. The only difference this time is the date (I go 11/11) and the time (I go 7 am). I'm quite sure these new emails are actually for day 2 processing and for me to do my medical. Has anyone had this same mistake made with them? 

The emails state that after day 1 processing is done, they'll send an email 3-90 days inviting me for day 2 with a conditional offer letter that'll advise me of "my scheduled date to meet with their medical staff as well as HR team". 

I've read on here you're supposed to come to day 2 with a money order, how much is the money order for and who is it made out to? 

4 hours ago, KDGallagher said:

On the 27th of October I went for my drug test and to submit the pre employment application.

Last night and this afternoon, I received an email from NYCT inviting me to come down for day 1 processing, the very same email I received inviting me to come down on the 27th for the email. The only difference this time is the date (I go 11/11) and the time (I go 7 am). I'm quite sure these new emails are actually for day 2 processing and for me to do my medical. Has anyone had this same mistake made with them? 

The emails state that after day 1 processing is done, they'll send an email 3-90 days inviting me for day 2 with a conditional offer letter that'll advise me of "my scheduled date to meet with their medical staff as well as HR team". 

I've read on here you're supposed to come to day 2 with a money order, how much is the money order for and who is it made out to? 

I believe the money order was 88.25 and make sure to bring the application that they attached in that email. I know the email says to email it to them but trust me, do both. Good luck

1 minute ago, BoRi1976 said:

I believe the money order was 88.25 and make sure to bring the application that they attached in that email. I know the email says to email it to them but trust me, do both. Good luck

I have to print it out and fill it out for a 2nd time? I did it when I went for drug test. 

if so, its not a problem just want to make sure. 

Also, when you wen for your medical test, what exactly did they look for? My only concern is I have a neck size of 17.25, and from searching this forum over 17 seems to be a problem

5 minutes ago, KDGallagher said:

I have to print it out and fill it out for a 2nd time? I did it when I went for drug test. 

if so, its not a problem just want to make sure. 

Also, when you wen for your medical test, what exactly did they look for? My only concern is I have a neck size of 17.25, and from searching this forum over 17 seems to be a problem

Yes bring the application again and email it as well. 17.25 they will ask you to do a sleep study and to bring in the results. I paid 700 out of pocket to get it done ASAP. Maybe you're lucky if you have insurance. I would do the sleep study before hand so at least there's no medical hold on your application. Good luck 

On 11/5/2021 at 8:10 PM, BoRi1976 said:

I wouldn't know the answer to that but maybe @+Young+could help you out with that.

5 hours ago, AJD said:

No answer?? 

First of all, my apologies for the late reply. Myself and the other staff members moderate this site on a voluntary basis, and as we know, there is one big four letter word that got in the way of me posting a reply on this site: Life.

As far as what list number they are up to, good question! The reason why I say that is because, if you click here, and you type in "Bus Operator" into the search box, you will see that, according to the last certification, for this particular list, they seem to have restored most people back to the list. The reason why I say "most" people is because, if you look carefully, the person whose list number is 5 is not included in the certification, followed by the person whose list number is 10, followed by 23, followed by 38, followed by 43 and 44, followed by 55, etc. Therefore, with the fact that people have been called from this list already, I don't know exactly what list number they are up to.

On the other hand, for the people who have been already called, if you want to chip in and mention your list number (excluding the last two digits for security reasons), followed by when you got hired off of this list, it would be appreciated.

3 hours ago, +Young+ said:

First of all, my apologies for the late reply. Myself and the other staff members moderate this site on a voluntary basis, and as we know, there is one big four letter word that got in the way of me posting a reply on this site: Life.

As far as what list number they are up to, good question! The reason why I say that is because, if you click here, and you type in "Bus Operator" into the search box, you will see that, according to the last certification, for this particular list, they seem to have restored most people back to the list. The reason why I say "most" people is because, if you look carefully, the person whose list number is 5 is not included in the certification, followed by the person whose list number is 10, followed by 23, followed by 38, followed by 43 and 44, followed by 55, etc. Therefore, with the fact that people have been called from this list already, I don't know exactly what list number they are up to.

On the other hand, for the people who have been already called, if you want to chip in and mention your list number (excluding the last two digits for security reasons), followed by when you got hired off of this list, it would be appreciated.

How you doing @+Young+ no need for apologies. Life is 1st and foremost. Hope all is well. My list number was 9** and I started on 9/12/21 @AJD That should at least give you a general idea of where they're upto. 

9 minutes ago, KDGallagher said:

I’m being considered for the November 21st class. That is a Sunday. 

how likely is it that we’ll be off on that Thursday (thanksgiving)?

Congrats. You will be doing the 7 day training with a supt and I don't know if many of them work holidays. I guess its a wait and see game. Even if you have to work it, I'd say get used to that. We get no holidays early in our careers lol. Luckily I don't eat that dry bird🤣 But I believe you will get the option to get paid for working or bank it for an AVA day? Don't quote me. I'm a probie🤣