Jump to content


Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
+Young+

Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9604

+Young+

Here is the Notice of Examination for this specific examination in case anyone needs to refer to this future reference.

Message added by +Young+

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, leaniel3209 said:

Ohh im familiar i was raised in ny and know the 5 boroughs

The reason why I ask is because, in order to better prepare you for the memorization section, a while ago I made some memory questions using the individualized bus maps which can be found on the top-right of this page. I'm least familiar with Brooklyn, Bronx and Staten Island, so I focused on those three boroughs.

Just a suggestion...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

The reason why I ask is because, in order to better prepare you for the memorization section, a while ago I made some memory questions using the individualized bus maps which can be found on the top-right of this page. I'm least familiar with Brooklyn, Bronx and Staten Island, so I focused on those three boroughs.

Just a suggestion...

Hi Young,

What type of questions will be in the memorization section? do you need to memorize all the bus routes in every borough? Thanks for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, falcondrgn said:

Hi Young,

What type of questions will be in the memorization section? do you need to memorize all the bus routes in every borough? Thanks for your help.

So what's going to happen is they're going to administer the memory booklets first closed. At the designated time, you will have ten (10) minutes to study the picture, aka, page four of this NYPD test prep kit without any writing whatsoever. At the end of ten minutes, they will have you close the book, collect it, and then they will distribute the rest of the exam, aka, pages 5 to 36 of this NYPD test prep kit. With that said, you will have to rely on your memory to answer the memorization questions.

There is no need to memorize all the bus routes in every borough. The item(s) you need to memorize will be provided on the day of the examination. As far as the type of questions, that we don't know. It all depends on what the memory booklets consist of.

Edited by +Young+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, +Young+ said:

 

So what's going to happen is, if there's a memorization section, they're going to administer the memory booklets first closed. At the designated time, you will have ten (10) minutes to study the picture, aka, page four of this NYPD test prep kit without any writing whatsoever. At the end of ten minutes, they will have you close the book, collect it, and then they will distribute the rest of the exam, aka, pages 5 to 36 of this NYPD test prep kit. With that said, you will have to rely on your memory to answer the memorization questions.

There is no need to memorize all the bus routes in every borough. The item(s) you need to memorize will be provided on the day of the examination, if there's a memorization section.

Thank you for that valuable insight. Out of the 3 times that you took the test, how many times did they have the memorization section? Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, falcondrgn said:

Thank you for that valuable insight. Out of the 3 times that you took the test, how many times did they have the memorization section? Thank you

The last two Bus Operator tests (4600 & 7612) had memorization portions. As far as I recall, the 2613 exam did not have a memorization portion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

The last two Bus Operator tests (4600 & 7612) had memorization portions. As far as I recall, the 2613 exam did not have a memorization portion.

Ok so it seems they are most likely going to administer the memorization sections going forward now. I am currently studying from this book https://www.amazon.com/York-City-Operator-Review-Guide/dp/154428831X/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1543797718&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=nyc+bus+operator+exam+book&psc=1, im not sure if you have seen this book or not, but if you how does this book compare to the green passbooks you mentioned? Thank you so much for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, falcondrgn said:

Ok so it seems they are most likely going to administer the memorization sections going forward now. I am currently studying from this book https://www.amazon.com/York-City-Operator-Review-Guide/dp/154428831X/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1543797718&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=nyc+bus+operator+exam+book&psc=1, im not sure if you have seen this book or not, but if you how does this book compare to the green passbooks you mentioned? Thank you so much for your help.

The green passbooks are old, useless and outdated. From reading the reviews, I'm neutral since one of them did say that you would get the same information in a DMV book.

In addition, from "looking inside" with the link that you provided, the multiple-choice test description on page 3 is an exact copy of the bottom of the second page of this Notice of Examination, which is over five years old, and the terms in the glossary were not on any of the previous Bus Operator exams that I took for NYC Transit.

Therefore, I requested a copy out of my local library since I'm curious myself, however I'm personally not relying on that to study for this examination.

Edited by +Young+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

The green passbooks are old, useless and outdated. From reading the reviews, I'm neutral since one of them did say that you would get the same information in a DMV book.

In addition, from "looking inside" with the link that you provided, the multiple-choice test description on page 3 is an exact copy of the bottom of the second page of this Notice of Examination, which is over five years old, and the terms in the glossary were not on any of the previous Bus Operator exams that I took for NYC Transit.

Therefore, I requested a copy out of my local library since I'm curious myself, however I'm personally not relying on that to study for this examination.

Thank you for taking the time to go through the book I posted, what would be the best way for you to study for this exam besides the Police exams mentioned earlier? I took the police exam 3 years ago and scored a 93 but I didn't study any books for that exam. Just curious what other books are out there that could help. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falcondrgn said:

Thank you for taking the time to go through the book I posted, what would be the best way for you to study for this exam besides the Police exams mentioned earlier? I took the police exam 3 years ago and scored a 93 but I didn't study any books for that exam. Just curious what other books are out there that could help. Thank you.

From my experience, just the on-line material I posted earlier. Sorry...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

From my experience, just the on-line material I posted earlier. Sorry...

No need to apologize, your expertise was more than helpful. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falcondrgn said:

No need to apologize, your expertise was more than helpful. Thank you

You're welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just going to wish anyone taking this exam this coming up sunday the best of luck. Anyone else taking this exam this coming up Sunday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, train1290 said:

Just going to wish anyone taking this exam this coming up sunday the best of luck. Anyone else taking this exam this coming up Sunday?

I am!  Looking forward to it, though I still need how to figure out how to get there from here (NW Bronx).  😊 Good luck to you, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, train1290 said:

Just going to wish anyone taking this exam this coming up sunday the best of luck. Anyone else taking this exam this coming up Sunday?

We all are. I'm taking it in the PM at the same location.

39 minutes ago, La Diva Carlotta said:

I am!  Looking forward to it, though I still need how to figure out how to get there from here (NW Bronx).  😊 Good luck to you, too!

As a suggestion, you can take the Q44 SBS (which terminates at the Bronx Zoo) to Sutphin Blvd/Archer Ave. in Queens. From there, you can take the (J) train to 75th Street/Elders Lane. They are doing track work along the (J) line this weekend, however it's going towards Manhattan and it's west of Myrtle Avenue, so we're good!!

In addition, @La Diva Carlotta, have you tried using TripPlanner?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

We all are. I'm taking it in the PM at the same location.

As a suggestion, you can take the Q44 SBS (which terminates at the Bronx Zoo) to Sutphin Blvd/Archer Ave. in Queens. From there, you can take the (J) train to 75th Street/Elders Lane. They are doing track work along the (J) line this weekend, however it's going towards Manhattan and it's west of Myrtle Avenue, so we're good!!

In addition, @La Diva Carlotta, have you tried using TripPlanner?

Thanks for the suggestion!  I just hadn't gotten around to TripPlanner yet.  👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any fellow 9604 exam takers or exp people, 

 

If someone moved and doesn't have access to their old address' mailbox, and they work a 9 to 5 in  Queens where it won't be possible to get to Livingston in Brooklyn before the closing office hours, are there any alternatives that he/she could do? 

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, London bridge is said:

Any fellow 9604 exam takers or exp people,

If someone moved and doesn't have access to their old address' mailbox, and they work a 9 to 5 in  Queens where it won't be possible to get to Livingston in Brooklyn before the closing office hours, are there any alternatives that he/she could do?

Thank you

I would advise you to get in contact with them to see where your test is being administered and what time you need to report to the school. Although you work 9 to 5, you can either e-mail or call them. Their contact information is located on the bottom of this page.

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone first time posting on this site, Am taking this exam also this Sunday I was just wondering the following

I have a cdl permit with passenger and school bus endorsement however I have M P restrictions will this cause be a problem?

 

p.s -I know all cdl license have restrictions , just wanna make sure am ok  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Amal said:

Hey everyone first time posting on this site, Am taking this exam also this Sunday I was just wondering the following

I have a cdl permit with passenger and school bus endorsement however I have M P restrictions will this cause be a problem?

p.s -I know all cdl license have restrictions , just wanna make sure am ok  

First of all, welcome @Amal to the Forums!

Second, to answer your question, you already have a Class A CDL, correct? If so, according to this page, your "M" & "P" restrictions for the permit are acceptable. The "p" restriction will come off once you successfully pass your road test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:01 PM, +Young+ said:

We all are. I'm taking it in the PM at the same location.

Young, Best of luck to you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.