West Farms Moves and Possible Moves

I Run Trains

1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

If they get the Q58, I can only imagine how they're gonna destroy the route's reliability. Even though the Q58 bunches a lot, it still is relatively frequent. I can't say the same under GA, and with artics. 

I would expect a lot more HHE short-turns (and buses DHing to Junction Boulevard or Queens Boulevard) just to not pick up passengers. GA is notorious for these types of games. They used to (and might still) make Q59 B/Os DH from WBP to Union Avenue (when they're suppose to go back in service) after having the B/Os sit around and converse with whoever was supervising. Although the western part doesn't have many riders, it always screwed over the people at WBP waiting for a bus. The dispatchers/supervisors would not even alert us waiting at the stops either at the very least. What a bunch of f**king a**holes, all of them.

Mind you the Q58 runs in front of Fresh Pond. Take away the 58 and it’s gonna be screwed. I promise you that. 

16 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

If they get the Q58, I can only imagine how they're gonna destroy the route's reliability. Even though the Q58 bunches a lot, it still is relatively frequent. I can't say the same under GA, and with artics. 

I would expect a lot more HHE short-turns (and buses DHing to Junction Boulevard or Queens Boulevard) just to not pick up passengers. GA is notorious for these types of games. They used to (and might still) make Q59 B/Os DH from WBP to Union Avenue (when they're suppose to go back in service) after having the B/Os sit around and converse with whoever was supervising. Although the western part doesn't have many riders, it always screwed over the people at WBP waiting for a bus. The dispatchers/supervisors would not even alert us waiting at the stops either at the very least. What a bunch of f**king a**holes, all of them.

According to the alleged rumor, and I COULD BE WRONG (EMPHASIS) that the Q58 and B38 are being consider for artic conversion. Hopefully @East New York, @The Real or even @SevenEleven can elaborate more on this... First off do the 2 lines have the frequencies to even be considered for artic conversion?

My next concern is this: The Q58 and B38 are Fresh Pond's heaviest lines and both essentially run within blocks of each other. I understand that the 38 is already split ops with Grand Avenue for the Metro branch. Hopefully, this trade doesn't fall thru. 

To: @BM5 via Woodhaven: I don't like the 58 & 38 going over to GA simply of the reasons you stated and I fully agree. However, if this alleged rumor is true Brooklyn Division will be a total mess for years to come. Throw in the B43 into the mix and tell me what you think about that?

On 8/17/2018 at 1:09 PM, I Run Trains said:

- starting on Sept 2 (the New Pick) The Bx36 will be all Artics

It has been two days since the 36 was scheduled to become an articulated route, and I am still hearing New Flyer XN40 buses in addition to Daimler Chrysler Orion VII Old Generation Compressed Natural Gas buses on that route.

On 8/18/2018 at 2:32 AM, MTA Bus said:

Even with the new XN60s coming in, there isn't enough artics to make the Bx36 an articulated line, especially since the Bx6 local is supposed to become fully artic as well. After the B82 goes SBS, they're putting a hold on the SBS program until after the bus redesign

Or after this $582M deficit that the MTA is facing, so it could be 2023 when anything new pops up

2 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Prepare for extreme budget cuts and longer waits. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Been there, done that! If you think the doomsday cuts of 6/27/2010 was bad enough, we will see what the next doomsday cuts will take place.   They have to stop feeding them fat cats who want way more than the share of the gold. 

2 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. Been there, done that! If you think the doomsday cuts of 6/27/2010 was bad enough, we will see what the next doomsday cuts will take place.   They have to stop feeding them fat cats who want way more than the share of the gold. 

....  Commuter tax needs to be re-instated at once but you know the good folks of Long Island and Upstate won’t have it. SMDH. 

We have so many bus orders to fill before the end of 2021. I wonder how that’s going to go. I’ll tell you right now. I’m not paying in excess of $3.25 for lousy and bulls**t bus service and the (MTA) and DOT can’t fix. 

8 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

....  Commuter tax needs to be re-instated at once but you know the good folks of Long Island and Upstate won’t have it. SMDH. 

We have so many bus orders to fill before the end of 2021. I wonder how that’s going to go. I’ll tell you right now. I’m not paying in excess of $3.25 for lousy and bulls**t bus service and the (MTA) and DOT can’t fix. 

I agree. By then, the MTA would be smart enough to use “tap” cards. We’ll see how many years it’s gonna take for them to fix and redux the service patterns on each route from now until 2021

14 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Why would taxing people on commuting would even help? So many poor people are being pushed further outwards towards to outskirts of the city and even Long Island or upstate. People out there already pay a lot to commute to the city and back. That would only burden poor people. Maybe it would work in 1988 but in 2018 it’s a different ball game. 

On 9/5/2018 at 7:26 AM, Brillant93 said:

Why would taxing people on commuting would even help? So many poor people are being pushed further outwards towards to outskirts of the city and even Long Island or upstate. People out there already pay a lot to commute to the city and back. That would only burden poor people. Maybe it would work in 1988 but in 2018 it’s a different ball game. 

The argument would be that the taxes targeted suburban commuters in places like Long Island and Westchester that could afford the tax.  Those areas pushed back precisely because they are already being taxed to death.  Both Westchester and Long Island have plenty of wealthy areas, but still.  Someone from Bronxville, Scarsdale or Tarrytown can afford the taxes, while someone in the poor parts of Southwest Yonkers likely can't.

• 1 year later...
21 minutes ago, I Run Trains said:

Funny i posted the cover a year ago and about 60% of what i mentioned happened.. 

i was hanging out at West Farms yesterday with a friend and i looked at the pick board.

it looks like the Bx39 is going to West Farms and the Bx15 will be all Kingsbridge!

Accurate. In a way it makes sense. I wanna see how the Bx27 and Bx39 do as far as interlining. Possibly they extend the 39 to the Ferry. Will Kingsbridge or Gun Hill retain the overnight Bx39? Or that’s West Farms 100%. 

11 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Accurate. In a way it makes sense. I wanna see how the Bx27 and Bx39 do as far as interlining. Possibly they extend the 39 to the Ferry. Will Kingsbridge or Gun Hill retain the overnight Bx39? Or that’s West Farms 100%. H will still have it

you know... thats a good question but i think the Bx41 will continue to turn into a Bx39 at night.. that being said, I'm assuming

Edited by I Run Trains

1 minute ago, I Run Trains said:

you know... thats a good question but i think the Bx41 will continue to turn into a Bx39 at night.. that being said, I'm summing 

Look into that with your West Farms connect. Cuz technically Bx41 is strictly Gun Hill I’m just a bit curious on how they will maneuver the 39/41 split on the late night. 

1 minute ago, Future ENY OP said:

Look into that with your West Farms connect. Cuz technically Bx41 is strictly Gun Hill I’m just a bit curious on how they will maneuver the 39/41 split on the late night. 

right but you know on some runs the 41 then turns into a 39 up to 241, so i don't see it being hard to do but ill look into that!..

crazy I'm a train operator and know more about the buses.. lol