West Farms Moves and Possible Moves

I Run Trains

I just feel the bx15 limited needs to stay at west farms 

seeing kingbridge buses going past 149st to west Harlem would be to weird for me 

also I don’t think adding SBS service to the bx19 would be a good idea especially as the buses run directly under the elevated 2&5 trains from westchester ave to 174st. They should add limited service to the bx19 that looks like a better idea. 

1 hour ago, Melbx15 said:

seeing kingbridge buses going past 149st to west Harlem would be to weird for me 

also I don’t think adding SBS service to the bx19 would be a good idea especially as the buses run directly under the elevated 2&5 trains from westchester ave to 174st. They should add limited service to the bx19 that looks like a better idea. 

The (2)(5) really shouldn’t matter because a lot of those stations are not ADA accesible and thus those people are using the Bx19 or whatever bus is available.They should get a fast commute too. Just because they are disabled and can’t get the subway, that isn’t their fault, but rather the (MTA) ‘s fault. Some of those stations are quite high up too. Even an able bodied person like myself wouldn’t want to opt for the subway in those cases.

On 8/25/2018 at 12:20 AM, Melbx15 said:

Well Kingsbridge already runs the M100, so it would make sense to move the BX15 to KB, NOT Gun Hill. THAT would be weird. Gunhill ain't got no business comin' to Manhattan.

On 8/18/2018 at 2:40 AM, WestFarms36 said:

There will be enough. The XN60 Order will have WF with more artics than prior, and the Bx6 local wouldn't need any more than 10-11 Buses during peak hours, especially with the frequencies being split with the Bx6 +SBS+, mind that the Bx6 is a short 4 mile route requiring less buses than the Bx36. You may also note that WF will still keep their LFSA's and be receiving a few more from a couple of Manhattan depot's to kill off the remaining D60HF fleet.

There won’t be enough. ALL of WF’s XN60’s were direct replacements for the Orion VII CNG’s. With the Bx6 local being added, there is a further requirement for additional attics, this causing WF to reactivate D60’s.  This also means that WF will not be an all CNG depot as originally expected. 

On 8/22/2018 at 8:13 PM, EastFlatbushLarry said:

i currently work at KB. leaving work a few days ago, a union rep mentioned that the bx15 limited to KB could be a reality down the line. anything else listed here regarding bronx division is "news" to me

This is all news to me as well. The Bx19 however is definitely on the list for SBS. 

1 hour ago, East New York said:

There won’t be enough. ALL of WF’s XN60’s were direct replacements for the Orion VII CNG’s. With the Bx6 local being added, there is a further requirement for additional attics, this causing WF to reactivate D60’s.  This also means that WF will not be an all CNG depot as originally expected. 

This is all news to me as well. The Bx19 however is definitely on the list for SBS. 

So with the a limited amount of artics at this point, is there an option order for the XN60's and will the Bx36 be able to have just enough to be fully articulated?

Sorry for bothering.

1 hour ago, WestFarms36 said:

So with the a limited amount of artics at this point, is there an option order for the XN60's and will the Bx36 be able to have just enough to be fully articulated?

Sorry for bothering.

That really depends on how they shift things. They only need about 8-9 Artics on the Bx6 so it's not that much of a change, however it does cut into the spare factor a bit. Thus, having diesels on standby. With the Bx6, as well as the Bx36, they can use any existing artic on the line. The 36 was already factored into the order from the beginning. The only addition will be the handful for the 6. So they need to have about 10 extra artics on hand to cover any incidents or road calls.

On 8/25/2018 at 12:20 AM, Melbx15 said:

Limited service is dead and within the next 22 years all routes will introduce off board, and/or all door boarding.

I will actually be going over the next 20 routes planned to be converted to SBS or introduced as all new SBS service over the next decade.

1 hour ago, GojiMet86 said:

Not West Farms related, but I just saw a post on FB about the following:

B13, B48, B57. B60 to Fresh Pond.

B38, Q58 to Grand Avenue.

Any truth to this?

From what I heard, that supposed to be movement plans for winter pick 2019 for when it is decided to convert the Q58/B38 to artics.

2 hours ago, East New York said:

Limited service is dead and within the next 22 years all routes will introduce off board, and/or all door boarding.

I will actually be going over the next 20 routes planned to be converted to SBS or introduced as all new SBS service over the next decade.

I read somewhere last year (probably somewhere on these forums) that the Bx3, Bx9, Bx19, Bx36, Bx40/42, M96, and Q10 were all under consideration for SBS. Are you allowed to say if that's the case?

3 hours ago, GojiMet86 said:

Not West Farms related, but I just saw a post on FB about the following:

B13, B48, B57. B60 to Fresh Pond.

B38, Q58 to Grand Avenue.

Any truth to this?

As if the Q59 wasn't enough...

If this ends up becoming truth, pray for me whenever I need to take the Q58.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

1 hour ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

From what I heard, that supposed to be movement plans for winter pick 2019 for when it is decided to convert the Q58/B38 to artics.

That's the only way I'd see any of this making sense, if this is legit. i would prefer for the 60 to return home to East NY, but I'm assuming that East NY can't cover the runs in today's system... i guess

33 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

Rumor has it that the B43 is leaving Gleason. Any knowledge or truth to this? 

I asked around and the rumor at Grand Avenue is allegedly they're picking up the 43. I'll wait til they put up the system pick to officially see what's what. Personally I'm beyond confused by these rumors.. Move the 48 & 60 down the street to FP, pick up the 43 and the entire 38 & Q58... North Brooklyn is a mess. I get adding artics to the 38 & Q58 (and sending the 13 back home to FP) but this will create a pull out & pull in nightmare during rush hours (as if there wasn't one already)

I'm leaving the Brooklyn ishh alone for now. There truly needs to be some clarification regarding all of this. Until i see a official MTA memo, I'm not hanging in any more swing rooms listening to rumors and innuendo 

Edited by EastFlatbushLarry

18 minutes ago, EastFlatbushLarry said:

I asked around and the rumor at Grand Avenue is allegedly they're picking up the 43. I'll wait til they put up the system pick to officially see what's what. Personally I'm beyond confused by these rumors.. Move the 48 & 60 down the street to FP, pick up the 43 and the entire 38 & Q58... North Brooklyn is a mess. I get adding artics to the 38 & Q58 (and sending the 13 back home to FP) but this will create a pull out & pull in nightmare during rush hours (as if there wasn't one already)

I'm leaving the Brooklyn ishh alone for now. There truly needs to be some clarification regarding all of this. Until i see a official MTA memo, I'm not hanging in any more swing rooms listening to rumors and innuendo 

Not another B43 fiasco. Look what happen the first time when Grand Avenue had both the 43 and 48. Disaster. I guess we are repeating the same issues from 10 years ago. I’m done. 

Glad that Flatbush, East New York and Ulmer Park aren’t on the rumors list. 

31 minutes ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Same thing. In the talks. None of the Brooklyn moves are 100% confirmed.

Please. and Please. Don’t need the 43 leaving Gleason. It does a great job on that route. I seen an artic training along the 43 not too long ago. Hopefully some spares could see the 43, 63, 68 and 8. 

Returning it via Grand will create HELL. But again, we wait and see what goes down in the Brooklyn Division. 

1 hour ago, Future ENY OP said:

Please. and Please. Don’t need the 43 leaving Gleason. It does a great job on that route. I seen an artic training along the 43 not too long ago. Hopefully some spares could see the 43, 63, 68 and 8. 

Returning it via Grand will create HELL. But again, we wait and see what goes down in the Brooklyn Division. 

The 68 would greatly be helped with an artic or two. But Coney Island Avenue and Brighton Beach Avenue is just a cluster of double parked cars and trucks. It’s sad tbh. 

2 hours ago, Jdog14 said:

You made it seem like the conjestion would hinder artic operations when that isn't the case lol. 

Facts! Nothing along Church Avenue was modified for artics. Not 1 bus stop. Double parking and dollar cabs are the absolute worse, and there isn't enough room to park them at the terminals either. 

It's working out so far though! lol

8 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Not another B43 fiasco. Look what happen the first time when Grand Avenue had both the 43 and 48. Disaster. I guess we are repeating the same issues from 10 years ago. I’m done. 

Glad that Flatbush, East New York and Ulmer Park aren’t on the rumors list. 

If they get the Q58, I can only imagine how they're gonna destroy the route's reliability. Even though the Q58 bunches a lot, it still is relatively frequent. I can't say the same under GA, and with artics. 

I would expect a lot more HHE short-turns (and buses DHing to Junction Boulevard or Queens Boulevard) just to not pick up passengers. GA is notorious for these types of games. They used to (and might still) make Q59 B/Os DH from WBP to Union Avenue (when they're suppose to go back in service) after having the B/Os sit around and converse with whoever was supervising. Although the western part doesn't have many riders, it always screwed over the people at WBP waiting for a bus. The dispatchers/supervisors would not even alert us waiting at the stops either at the very least. What a bunch of f**king a**holes, all of them.